Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big money stuff that does not work right

JKSNIPER

I hate manufacturers that lure guys in to spending their hard earned money on this great thing thats such a great thing you can't compete and win without it and guys buy it for $2000+ and then they're forced to spend even MORE money to make it work right!

What ever happened to American pride in your products and standing behind them?

Why do guys accept this and just take for granted they are going to have to spend money to tweak something that IMHO should work NOW not after its "tweaked"!!!

I know a president of a certain ammo company who works his butt off to make sure his customers are satisified even customers who make outrageous claims about supposedly defective ammo.

Why don't others do the same?

Because "we" as a community accept it and still spend our money on their stuff.

If we sent the item back and demanded that it be made right or refund our money then this would stop in short order.

Thanks for letting me rant.

JK

I totally agree,, a $30 toaster that doesnt pop up would be back at Walmart faster than it could cool off. But the shooting community will take a $2000 item to a third party for tuning just to get it to function with SAMMI spec ammo. Go figure.

Man I smell what your stepping in.

It never ceases to amaze me how it has become common to pay $80 for a nessecary piece of shooting gear and then expect to have it worked on before it will function properly.

Or how any gun over $1K doesnt run like a raped ape from the day you pick it up with any sort of ammo in the appropriate caliber.

I hate manufacturers that lure guys in to spending their hard earned money on this great thing thats such a great thing you can't compete and win without it and guys buy it for $2000+ and then they're forced to spend even MORE money to make it work right!

Gee...you wouldn't be talking about 1911s, would you? :P

It's interesting how these guns are considered exempt from normal standards. Imagine if a SIG-Sauer, S&W or Glock were that ate up, what a feces storm would result?

Fine-tuning to ones taste is one thing, and a break in period is acceptable too. But paying high dollar and then having to polish and file crapy machine work is lame. Parts failing in the high dollar item before 2000 rounds sucks too.

I feel your pain.

Gee...you wouldn't be talking about 1911s, would you? :P

It's interesting how these guns are considered exempt from normal standards. Imagine if a SIG-Sauer, S&W or Glock were that ate up, what a feces storm would result?

I wonder what Sig or Smith would do if they made 1911's, oops they do

I can tell you what both of them did with very early models, S&W had a large recall, they shipped me a box, I shipped them my gun and had it fixed and back in 4 days. Gun has never had a problem since. It has been my carry gun, and now my dad is borrowing to shoot single stack with.

I had one of the first Sig railed GSR, it was a very nice gun, very accurate, wouldn't feed ball ammo, sent it back 3 times (on their dime) never did work.

I even sent them pictures that the feed ramp was too steep and that was casuing the problem. Then gun ended up getting traded off. Then Sig came out and said that they were changing to inhouse for slides and frames, that they had noticed too many problems.

True....But keep in mind that if you combine parts from different manufacturers, such as STI magazine tubes and Grams followers, then the odds are they will need some adjusting. Rarely do you see anyone who shoots USPSA using equipment from just one source. We also ask a lot more from our equipment then most. Go on to a forum like glocktalk and rarely will you see folks with 10K+ rounds through their guns. I shoot that in a season :)

Edited by ipscbob

I agree. I bought a new revolver a few years ago that has had numerous trips back to the factory, and while they say this guns accuracy is "adaquate", it is pretty much useless for any kind of practical shooting. I figure any gun that shoots 6-8" group from a rest at 25 yards (when my other wheelies are 2" or so) is not what I want to shoot matches with.

Edited by Ted Murphy

Any piece of machinery needs to be fine-tuned, and then broken in.

Even new cars that cost upwards of $20,000 have a "break-in period".

I've never bought a new car and had it towed to mechanic to get it to run is the thing......

To answer a couple of questions:

1. Yes it IS a handgun I was referring to.

2: No it was not a 1911.

I don't want to bash anyone company in particular.

If you're a company rep and you read this and think I might be talking about your product then guess what?

Thats because you feel the same lack of confidence in it that your customers do.

SO get up off your butt and fix it.

For the record I've NEVER owned a 1911 .45 that did not go bang when I pulled the trigger.

JK