Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NROI Certs

JThompson

I know we have a bunch of knowledgeable people here... I was wondering what your level of certs were, not that it's the end all of understanding of the rules.

Edited to add none as a choice

Edited by ima45dv8

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the actual numbers are available from USPSA? It is part of the member profile

on the classification page.

So far the poll is showing almost 70% with either RO or CRO certs. Seems a little high.

Around here at club matches squad size usually runs 10-12 shooters. Number of RO/CRO

per squad runs around 3-5. So maybe 30% or a little higher?

+1 on taking the RO class. Even if you don't get the cert or ever run a shooter, it will give

you a better understanding of the game.

Bill--CRO

Got my RO cert last year. Now I'm looking for a CRO course somewhere close. These seem to be hard to find around here.

RO and CRO courses aren't always ease to come by. If one is within a decent drive...it's worth jumping on.

Hmmm...I am an RM and voted RM/I. Troy is an RM but either he forgot to vote or he picked some other option. ;)

Perhaps "Kilt-wearing RMI" needed to be an option. ;):lol::D

Troy voted RM/I too. There are two of you who voted in that cat.

Got my RO cert last year. Now I'm looking for a CRO course somewhere close. These seem to be hard to find around here.

RO and CRO courses aren't always ease to come by. If one is within a decent drive...it's worth jumping on.

That's true enough. I waited a long time to see if we had one close, but it didn't happen, so I drove up and got a hotel for two nights $250 plus food/gas and fees... it cost me around $400 to get certed RO. I did learn some stuff I didn't know and it gave me a chance to bounce some thoughts off very knowledgeable people. I would have liked to see more range time... some people in the class really could have used more time with a RM over their shoulder. Perhaps, with a replica or dummy and some scenarios in which a stop or a warning should be issued. I think it would be good for the prospective ROs to have given a stop command, or even a warning in a demo before they see it for real.

It should be noted that the range wasn't in good shape to do this with a loaded gun.... snow up to our butts, but we could have done it safely with a dummy. I'm not bitching about the program, just putting this out there for thought. ;)

I wonder if the actual numbers are available from USPSA? It is part of the member profile

on the classification page.

So far the poll is showing almost 70% with either RO or CRO certs. Seems a little high.

Around here at club matches squad size usually runs 10-12 shooters. Number of RO/CRO

per squad runs around 3-5. So maybe 30% or a little higher?

+1 on taking the RO class. Even if you don't get the cert or ever run a shooter, it will give

you a better understanding of the game.

Bill--CRO

I thought the numbers would be high here... The members of the forum are dedicated as told by their willingness to participate in this forum. The numbers don't tell the whole story though as there are many that did not vote at all. I still think the members here will be a lot higher than what you might see at the club level. I camp out here, because I don't want to miss anything you guys have to say. I've learned more, in one year, here than I could have learned in ten on my own. This place is like the "Cliffs notes" for shooting sports. You still have to put in the time, but you can learn a sick amount with the search and some diligent reading.

Thanks to all for your help!

Jim

PS Who is the TD>?

Edited by JThompson