Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's on your "Bucket List"

I want to taste a cup of that cat "processed" coffee like Jack Nicholson's character enjoyed so much. But, just one cup. :roflol:

And live through the Great Depression with my family and friends, just facing the hard times together and laughing a lot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Go to the Grand Canyon

- Visit at least 3 of Frank Ghery's buildings

- Shoot like I did in 2000 but add a Nationals and the Bianchi Cup.

- Be able to wake up to Stefanie the rest of my life.

Rich

ETA: They won't let folks bungie off of the Stratosphere any more, so that's out.

Edited by uscbigdawg

Go to Rio for carnival

Whitewater rafting

Shoot at nationals , having earned it.

Drag race my corvette

see if that car really will go over 170 mph

Be 100 % debt free

Edited by waxman

-Ride a dual sport motorcycle from one coast of the USA to the other - all on dirt roads (the infamous TranAmerica Trail).

-swimming with killer whales.

-live long enough to give my daughter away at her wedding (though I can't imagine there will be any man alive who I'd think is good enough for her).

-teach my daughter & wife to shoot & ride motorcycles like the old man.

-go on one last hunting trip with my elderly dad.

Leaving the obvious ones out that if my wife saw could cut short the time I'd have to complete the list...

#1 Live long enough to see my daughter married and with children of her own, old enough to remember who I was when they get older.

The rest include in no particular order include:

Skydive

Take at least a year off and drive around the US in my RV to see as much as I could in that too short time. (This one could start today and give me 20 years of things to do)

A few competitions that I have not made such as the Practical Challenge.

Fly a fighter, WWII vintage is fine.

Fly a Helicopter.

In truth, as I sit here I have done more than many, but not as much as some. I really can't complain...too much

Well there are those Asian twins...

Jim

• 1 month later...

I recently saw the movie "The Bucket List" (which I thought was very good).

It was about two guys that meet in the hospital.

Both have terminal diseases and they set out together to do all the things they want to do in life before they "kick the bucket".

They made a list and came to call it "the bucket list".

I don't think such a list should be reserved for short timers.

This is something everyone should have and should work at.

We all have things we'd like to see, experiences we'd like to have, places to go etc.

I don't have a formal list but I do have a couple of things in mind.

Do you have a "bucket list"?

If so, what's on it?

Tls

Mine is pretty short but here goes:

Places to visit-

Alaska- just because I've always wanted to see it.

Neavitt, Maryland on the Cheasapeake Bay - the ancestral home of my father's family.

Things to accomplish:

Learn to fly an airplane.

Make Master in IPSC, maybe win a match somewhere, sometime.

(Right now I'd settle for my "A" card)

Finish the African Big 5, still have to get the Leopard, Elephant, and Rhino ( Dart the Rhino ) all with my Bow

Skydive from high altitude i.e. with oxygen from 30,000 feet

Mountain Goat with my bow

Get another Cape Buffalo with my bow ( I would like to do that once a year actually )

Move to the Florida Keys when my youngest goes to college

• 2 weeks later...

On my bucket list, these are the ones that I would possibly achieve. Others will be eliminated if they seem impossible to happen. To settle down and have kids someday, to see my kids grow up, be able to finish college and start a family of their own, to get rich, to buy a new handgun of the latest model (I know this will sound expensive), to be able to climb the highest mountain in the world and reach its peak (lol), and others.

See Grand Canyon up close...visit a bunch of the parks, Zion,Arches,Yosemite, and Jellystone (lol)

Go see Alaska. The wild part.

Would like to visit Hawaii again...it was beautiful.

Finish some of my porjects and make more so the kids have something Dad made when I'm gone.

Do it all with GG by my side.

JK

Skydiving seems to come up as a frequent item. I can help. Go to www.uspa.org. Click the "Become a Skydiver!" button then "Choose a School". Find a couple schools near your area. Visit them and talk to the owner and jumpmasters. Pick one and just do it. If the school is a USPA member DZ then you can be 98% sure they are top shelf. The last 2% is a gut feeling once you visit them. Give it a try.

Skydive from high altitude i.e. with oxygen from 30,000 feet
The HALO jump is one of the most difficult jumps to make if you're not enlisted. Primarily due to the equipment and resources required. Finding someone who has the knowledge to teach you isn't easy either. But there is one group who can make it happen.

www.halojumper.net. The principals of this operation are Kevin Holbrook (special forces ranger ret.) and Ben Crowell (SCPO ret.). I've jumped with them, shot with them, and discussed the state of the Union over adult beverages with them. I trust these guys with my back at any time, anywhere.

So what are you waiting for?

Edited by Hank Ellis

Succeed at my next assignment, not just by a little but set the standard for that job's performance.

Learn to fly an airplane well .

Build an airplane with 6 places on floats (Murphy Moose with a 430 HP fuel injected M14 series engine).

Become a distinguished rifleman.

Make master with in USPSA.

Become a competent three gunner.

Learn to shoot combat shotgun well.

Learn to shoot trap and double trap well.

Retire by age 66 with enough income to pursue the above pastimes.

Fall in love again.

Own and drive a truly fast car to its potential.

Go to rally/autocross/gymkhana school.

Most important, be a good man.

Edited by Michael Carlin

I'm a big bucket list kind of guy. BTW, I don't know if this should go into the accomplishments area, but I think people should also highlight the things they've checked off.

My list does change, but only slightly. Things always get added and thankfully I've been successful at checking some things off.

What's on the radar today?

- Dive Greece

- Sail across the Atlantic with my wife

- Play a full soccer game with my daughter.

- Visit Antarctica

- Climb Ranier

- Shoot a nationals again

- Watch a shuttle launch (I'll need to get this done quickly)

- See Tiger Woods play golf

- Participate in the Amazing Race

That's just a few - not the total.

In terms of things done -

I got my pilot's license, got my dive card (and have dove some killer places), jumped out of several planes, won a state match, won an area championship. Never won nationals but did get a couple of top 5's. Have been to Greece (that was a biggie that I didn't think I'd actually get done). There's a bunch that once I'd done them it was easy to say "that was no biggie" - so winning state was such a big deal to me when I was in Alaska. Unforunately the first year I won state I shot like crap. I was improving skill wise nicely, so I was a better shooter than the year prior by quite a bit. But my first two stages or so I had like 3 misses. I shot like crap the two days. Turns out the guy that was second had some gun troubles. So the reality was it was a pretty hollow victory. The goal for next year, win in winning fashion. I was able to get some redemption the next year and that win felt much better.

I love the idea of a bucket list. I keep adding things. Life should be about goals and experiences. When someone asks me what I do, my end goal is for my answer to have nothing to do with what earns me money. I'm not there yet, but that is both a goal on the bucket list and a hope that the bucket list I have helps me get there.

J