Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trophies

JakeMartens

Needed some help, this year the club wants to do trophies at the end of the year for HOA in each Division/Classification.

We wanted to do something with a shooter on top, but not the old hand on the hip bulleyes style shooter trophy, anyone have a source for something with an action style shooter on top, or maybe a pistol?

Needed some help, this year the club wants to do trophies at the end of the year for HOA in each Division/Classification.

We wanted to do something with a shooter on top, but not the old hand on the hip bulleyes style shooter trophy, anyone have a source for something with an action style shooter on top, or maybe a pistol?

It's cool that your club wants to do something special/different. You might ponder a bit on what the shooters really want. I've won of local clubs end of year award since...forever (except last year, when I missed too many matches while working Major matches).

To be honest, for me...a stand up trophy would most likely go into the basement somewhere...never to be seen again.

What would be kinda cool for me is an etched glass beer mug or a good stein. Something you can tease your shooting buddies with... You get to drink out of your Champion's Award, while everybody else sips from their dixie cups.

Flex, East Huntingdon did that for a number of years for local matches...it was a great incentive and to have a variety of drinking cups - some steins, some tumblers, some pilsner glasses, with the date, match, HOA or High whatever and your name is better than a trophy as they get used and seen.

Flex, East Huntingdon did that for a number of years for local matches...it was a great incentive and to have a variety of drinking cups - some steins, some tumblers, some pilsner glasses, with the date, match, HOA or High whatever and your name is better than a trophy as they get used and seen.

That is where I got the idea. (5th C, 2001 Tri-State :) )

Something like the trophy below ...... (see below) .... is nice because it stands apart from your traditional wall plaques, yet not a big old "shelf-hog" stand-up kinda trophy.

post-4139-1201571503.jpg

Them guys down in Florida sure do have some nice trophies. The State Champion trophies were made of a similar material, only BIGGER! :surprise: The class winners were shaped more like a dish or a platter, and were sort of a pewter color with a 3-d design of the state of FLA on them. I had never seen trophies as nice as these (in my 3 short years of competing). They came from a local shop, so I'm sure you could get some even greater ideas by actually going to a local place.

But I also kinda really like the beer stein / glass mug idea of Kyles :cheers:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Here's some of the glasses from EH.

At East Huntingdon, we used to give out plaques to the Division, class, and some category winners at our monthly matches. After a while, people complained they had enough plaques, so we switched to engraved mugs and drink glasses. The costs weren't too different. We got these glasses from a local company that does engraving and kept costs low by committing to a regular monthly order, using up their discontinued stock, and picking up the orders to save shipping.

Then some people (not Bill :D ) started to complain they had enough glasses ..... :rolleyes:

Seriously, we stopped giving them out because of the logistical problem of picking up orders each month - and the cost. We were awarding 15 + glasses each match.

Here's some of the glasses from EH.

At East Huntingdon, we used to give out plaques to the Division, class, and some category winners at our monthly matches. After a while, people complained they had enough plaques, so we switched to engraved mugs and drink glasses. The costs weren't too different. We got these glasses from a local company that does engraving and kept costs low by committing to a regular monthly order, using up their discontinued stock, and picking up the orders to save shipping.

Then some people (not Bill :D ) started to complain they had enough glasses ..... :rolleyes:

Seriously, we stopped giving them out because of the logistical problem of picking up orders each month - and the cost. We were awarding 15 + glasses each match.

Ron, I've heard you share that story before. It makes me wonder why clubs give out prizes monthly. Gotta be a pain in the ass.

(I do like those mugs though...)