Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

Strange days indeed. :surprise:

I was in Red River, NM most of the day. 2 inches of snow on the ground this morning and still snowing when I left at 2:30.

I do beleive that the Match weather will be a lot better :cheers:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it sure did feel like it could snow yesterday!

We woke up to rain and 46 degrees and it got worse from there when the wind blew all day.

It's 50 degrees this morning but the sky is blue and NO WIND!

The weather guy says it could get up to 86 degrees today and 90's this weekend.

It's amazing that in that job you can be wrong 90% of the time and still have a job!

Go figure... :wacko:

Alright!! Staff got the match in today. Great stages! Weather tomorrow looks warmer, mid 90's. Expect a south breeze 10-20 in the afternoon. South breeze means blowing into the bays; there will be some dust. Bring gun covers!

If you havn't heard, and have that wireless at the hotel to read this, range opens at 7am. Shooter's meeting at west ranges at 8, Lighting off about 8:30.

gnight

shot 6 fun stages today - not a dull one in the bunch!

Once again, a great match and the quality just keeps gettin' better and better each year!!

3 more tomorrow and a long drive home!!!

The Catfish...was jet propelled today :surprise:

Jim :roflol:

Squad 7 rocked! They hauled off a truck load of wood. Great shooting with you guys and getting to "know" the real people behind the avatar's

Big thanks to the match staff and everyone that worked so hard to make this match a success. We were in shooting Nivarna, air conditioning, great sound system, awards AND prize table going on at the same time. Wowee!

See you next year.

David C

Squad 7 rocked! They hauled off a truck load of wood. Great shooting with you guys and getting to "know" the real people behind the avatar's

Big thanks to the match staff and everyone that worked so hard to make this match a success. We were in shooting Nivarna, air conditioning, great sound system, awards AND prize table going on at the same time. Wowee!

See you next year.

David C

SOOOO who ONE! :surprise:

See you next year.

David C

Results are already available on the Area 2 website. Carolyn is the best!!

Edited by NMCOpen

Great event. Squad four was a hoot. This was my first major match and I was very impressed. Well run and friendly staff.

I think next time though we will need to bring a 650 to be sure Jason "Mr. Reshoot" doesn't get nervous about having enough ammo for the whole event! :roflol:

See you next year.

David C

I second that! Squad 7 was a hoot, it was great meeting and shooting with you guys. And as always, this was a top notch match - the stages, the range, the staff, the logistics, the prize table - everything was fantastic! :cheers: Doing the random draw prize table and the awards at the same time was pure genius - everyone should give themselves a big pat on the back for a great match, can't wait until next year. And as one of the lucky ones who didn't have to ride home with the gaseous cloud that was Catfish, it was a great end to a great weekend!

Rhonda

Great event. Squad four was a hoot. This was my first major match and I was very impressed. Well run and friendly staff.

I think next time though we will need to bring a 650 to be sure Jason "Mr. Reshoot" doesn't get nervous about having enough ammo for the whole event! :roflol:

Thanks! As if you guys didn't hound me enough at the match. :cheers:

It was a great match. The staff was fantastic. All the RO's were outstanding and friendly. The stages were fast and fun. The stages flowed well. I got 2 reshoots and shot them pretty decent. Great match overall in my opinion.

Edited by jasmap

See you next year.

David C

Results are already available on the Area 2 website. Carolyn is the best!!

Where? Maybe its just me, but I can't seem to find results.

Go to uspsa2.org, click "Latest Match Results" at the top, click on the arrow down for "Last Match Results", then scroll down to 4th Annual High Desert.

Thanks! I knew it was user error.

See you next year.

David C

I second that! Squad 7 was a hoot, it was great meeting and shooting with you guys. And as always, this was a top notch match - the stages, the range, the staff, the logistics, the prize table - everything was fantastic! :cheers: Doing the random draw prize table and the awards at the same time was pure genius - everyone should give themselves a big pat on the back for a great match, can't wait until next year. And as one of the lucky ones who didn't have to ride home with the gaseous cloud that was Catfish, it was a great end to a great weekend!

Rhonda

I agree, Squad 7 was great ! I had a lotta fun. His new nickname should be Deadfish. :roflol:

Scored enough to move up to A open. :surprise:

The match staff was a pleasure ! A big THANKS to all who put this match on. The stages were all area class stages. A good mix of " hose em down " and " where is that sight thingy I should be using "

Note to self: when hanging with a rope around a wall shooting left handed and I run out of ammo, DO NOT RELOAD TO SHOOT ONLY ONE MORE SHOT TO FINISH THE STAGE :( Cost me 6 seconds.

If anyone from Colorado or further north finds a small umbrella, that belongs to us. We had a dust whirlwind come through on one stage and rip some things up.

Just to clear the air..... I had NOTHING to do with the dust devils!! They happened all by themselves!! :roflol:

And edited to add - this is a top 3 match in my opinion.

Double Tap, USSA Nationals, and the NM Sectional/High Desert Classic are 3 MUST shoot matches. The stages, scenery, range, match staff, scores - EVERYTHING about this match is first class. Our squad was a blast and we got to watch a LOT of great shooting. New this year was the prize table and Damon busted his butt to make it happpen and it was fantastic. Everyone got something and there was a LOT of fantastic stuff on the table. Thanks to the crew who made it happen.

I WILL be there next year for my 5th annual match at Albuquerque!!

And oh yeah, who knew Jim was so damn old!!?? :lol:

Edited by Catfish

Jim only seems old :rolleyes: He is a kid at heart !

For those of you that do not get to shoot with Bob H. You missed his shooting style and NM southwest shooting attire. He is a madman with his Para in .45 and his huge Sombrerro hat. :surprise:

We were all resting after lunch waiting to shoot our 4th stage. Catfish was laying in the back of his truck with one of my cheap clamp on umbrellas for shade. The dustdevil ripped thrugh in just a few seconds. Ripped the shade from Catfish and sent it into parts unknown. People who are not familiar with NM and what can happen sometimes, just looked around wtih that WTF look. It was Crazy !

Another one came through on our berm ( we were more prepared that time, still took out our backup umbrella ) and one came through on berm 2 a few minutes later. Before and after those few brief moments, the weather was great.

Ya gotta put this match on your list next year, Lots of great shooters and a well run match.

The sponsors really treated the shooting community well ! Please send emails or letters of thanks to the companies that you received stuff from, It goes a long way in helping future matches everywhere.

+1 for squad 7. This match was fantastic. Great staff and well designed stages. I will definately be back.

As for the dust devils that was about the time that Catfish started "Venting". And for three in a row to hit or berm. Kind of makes you think.

Special thanks to the staff and everyone that helped put this shoot together.

Robert

Edited by ofcrfs242

Squad 4 was a great squad, pratically fighting to tape holes and set steel says a lot about the people on your squad. A big thanks to Don Bednorz for keeping our squad shooting order right and helping out when necessary even though he wasn't shooting.

It was hard to miss Neomet with his Barry mount on his Tangfoglio. It was also not hard to miss him since he was a lefty he was always going the wrong way on the walkthroughs. :lol:

The match was great again for the third time around. The stages were great and a lot of thought and hard work went into making them challenging and fun. Even though I didn't do very well (i am not the best shooter around but I usually do better than I did at this match :angry2: ) I still had a great time.

Neal in AZ

I'm glad to hear that you all enjoyed the High Desert Classic this year. My hat is off to all of the folks who gave their time to put it together and put it up OUTSTANDING JOB!!! Rod is a tireless leader who spurs the best of everybody involved by providing leadership by example. Jerry is the genius behind the stage designs as well as Wayne and Randy. The stages this year are a good examples of the stages we shoot twice a month in Albuquerque at our club matches. Damon put together an outstanding first tme prize table! Damon, you do damn fine work! Carolyn and Nanci had the computer humming and cranked out the standings and final standings in the usual lightening quick manner. Our stats chicks are the best, bar none!

Congratulations to the victors. Damn fine shooting! Damon, welcome to A Open. Now you will stop terrorizing us B Open shooters.

A great big THANK YOU to all of the stage sponsors and folks who gave generously for the prize table. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also, a great big thank you to everyone who came to shoot the 2008 High Desert Classic!

CYa next year,

Pat

+1 for squad 7. This match was fantastic. Great staff and well designed stages. I will definately be back.

As for the dust devils that was about the time that Catfish started "Venting". And for three in a row to hit or berm. Kind of makes you think.

Special thanks to the staff and everyone that helped put this shoot together.

Robert

Hey, thanks to the bumper sticker Jim gave me, you can't say you weren't warned!! :goof:

Great match...my shooting was not so great...but it was a barrel of fun :roflol:

Had some very nice folks on squad 7...it was a pleasure to meet and shoot with you :cheers:

Our squad was so mellow..when an errant car ran over one of our squads shooters range bag.and gun :surprise:

He diddnt even raise an eyebrow :o ...good thing it was only a glock :roflol:

The dust devils were interesting...periodicaly sucking up targets and umbrellas.

Felt sorry for the Catfish...he was sick...and sounded like he was going to blow chunks from both ends at any momment :sick:

Its the people that make this sport worth doing...and I look forward to seeing yall again :cheers:

Thanks to all for a wonderfull time!!!

Jim