Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

Great match...my shooting was not so great...but it was a barrel of fun :roflol:

Had some very nice folks on squad 7...it was a pleasure to meet and shoot with you :cheers:

Our squad was so mellow..when an errant car ran over one of our squads shooters range bag.and gun :surprise:

He diddnt even raise an eyebrow :o ...good thing it was only a glock :roflol:

The dust devils were interesting...periodicaly sucking up targets and umbrellas.

Felt sorry for the Catfish...he was sick...and sounded like he was going to blow chunks from both ends at any momment :sick:

Its the people that make this sport worth doing...and I look forward to seeing yall again :cheers:

Thanks to all for a wonderfull time!!!

Jim

I guess it is true that you can run over a Glock and it just keeps running. Top notch people that put on this match. Was contacted by more than one person affiliated with the club offering to pay for any damage. My previous post here read differently than it was meant. No ill will was meant.

Edited by ofcrfs242

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great event. Squad four was a hoot. This was my first major match and I was very impressed. Well run and friendly staff.

I think next time though we will need to bring a 650 to be sure Jason "Mr. Reshoot" doesn't get nervous about having enough ammo for the whole event! :roflol:

He only reshot 2/9 of the match. :)

Edited by markcic

This is the 2nd year I've had a great time shooting this match! Congrats to Rod, Jerry, Carolyn, ET AL who did such a fine job putting together such an outstanding match. You're hard work does not go unappreciated!! Looking forward to doing it again next year. BTW Rod - good job hiding the cactus so I couldn't shoot it again ;~}

I was 2 stages down and saw a blue umbrella soar overhead with a target or two. I thought Mary Poppins was attached to it but it might have been a dedicated RO trying to score them!

Great idea mixing the raffle with the awards! Looking forward to seeing the pix! Bonnie

This is the 2nd year I've had a great time shooting this match! Congrats to Rod, Jerry, Carolyn, ET AL who did such a fine job putting together such an outstanding match. You're hard work does not go unappreciated!! Looking forward to doing it again next year. BTW Rod - good job hiding the cactus so I couldn't shoot it again ;~}

I was 2 stages down and saw a blue umbrella soar overhead with a target or two. I thought Mary Poppins was attached to it but it might have been a dedicated RO trying to score them!

Great idea mixing the raffle with the awards! Looking forward to seeing the pix! Bonnie

I have come to the conclusion that the umbrellas were the result of Catfish's "hot gas" as Jim put it. :roflol:

+1 on the pics. Watching the slide show was better than the the trailers for any movie I've seen lately. Looked like some great action shots!

I have come to the conclusion that the umbrellas were the result of Catfish's "hot gas" as Jim put it. :roflol:

IF only I had that kind of power!! :devil:

Once again want to thank everyone for the great match. Shot with lots of people I usually shoot with and met a couple of great new shooters as well (Neal W. and Bradley Waites amoung others) Squad 4 was the best and like others said I usually better than I finished here, but only because this match tested my weak points and all around shooting skills, not just the hoser skill set I seem to have figured out :-) Thanks again to everyone!

Squad 4 was a great squad, pratically fighting to tape holes and set steel says a lot about the people on your squad. A big thanks to Don Bednorz for keeping our squad shooting order right and helping out when necessary even though he wasn't shooting.

It was hard to miss Neomet with his Barry mount on his Tangfoglio. It was also not hard to miss him since he was a lefty he was always going the wrong way on the walkthroughs. :lol:

The match was great again for the third time around. The stages were great and a lot of thought and hard work went into making them challenging and fun. Even though I didn't do very well (i am not the best shooter around but I usually do better than I did at this match :angry2: ) I still had a great time.

Neal in AZ

Great event. Squad four was a hoot. This was my first major match and I was very impressed. Well run and friendly staff.

I think next time though we will need to bring a 650 to be sure Jason "Mr. Reshoot" doesn't get nervous about having enough ammo for the whole event! :roflol:

I agree with Neal. Squad 4 was fantastic. Everone was nice, helped tape, set steel, and had a great time. Neal is actually better than he finished but he still shot good. There were several BE forum members on our squad and our squad actually took home A LOT of plaques. If I remember correctly our squad took 6 plaques home. Either way it was a great group of guys.

Squad 4 was a great squad, pratically fighting to tape holes and set steel says a lot about the people on your squad. A big thanks to Don Bednorz for keeping our squad shooting order right and helping out when necessary even though he wasn't shooting.

It was hard to miss Neomet with his Barry mount on his Tangfoglio. It was also not hard to miss him since he was a lefty he was always going the wrong way on the walkthroughs. :lol:

The match was great again for the third time around. The stages were great and a lot of thought and hard work went into making them challenging and fun. Even though I didn't do very well (i am not the best shooter around but I usually do better than I did at this match :angry2: ) I still had a great time.

Neal in AZ

I agree with Neal. Squad 4 was fantastic. Everone was nice, helped tape, set steel, and had a great time. Neal is actually better than he finished but he still shot good. There were several BE forum members on our squad and our squad actually took home A LOT of plaques. If I remember correctly our squad took 6 plaques home. Either way it was a great group of guys.

Shooting on squad 4 was a blast although I did remember why you don't fall asleep in a room of guys that have been drinking beer where a pen is present.

Kudos to all the stage designers for coming up with devious and challenging stages.

I sure had a good time shooting this match.

Thanks to everyone that was so nice about letting me shoot through. I hated to do it but it was the only way I could shoot the match.

I really had a great time though. I enjoyed meeting a few folks and the match was a blast.

Wish I could have shot it like the rest of you and been there for the whole thing.