Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what does your 3 gun belt look like?

I was just sitting here thinking, and not trying to hurt myself, and thought if somebody had a 32 round shotgun stage, where am I going to put all those rounds. I mean 9 in the gun plus another 23 thats at least 4, 6 round carriers. If you have a multi gun stage with pistol and shotgun, you going to put your pistol mag behind your back? With rifle and shotgun what if you have to go prone?

help a newbie!

Yup, if your running 6 rnd shell carriers your pistol mags go in the back. I dont use shell carriers as a

preference. My belt is the same as my pistol rig, 2 AR coupled mags on gun (60 rnds), if I need more rounds I put

a 30 mag in the rear. Shotgun has 9 in tube, 9 on side saddle,2 on foregrip, and if I need more up to 24 on shoulder

bandolier. That should cover even the Ironman, I think!!

I was really loaded up on some stages at Ironman last year. Four, four-round carriers starting in front of the holster across my front. A six round carrier in front of the left hip (I don't like 6 rounders in front, it makes it hard to bend over). Another 6 rounder behind the holster (usually for slugs). A forearm shell carrier on my left arm, and a bandoleer across my chest. Plus the 2 shell "oh crap" carrier attached to the gun. And then, 1 or 2 pistol mags on my left hip, and a rifle mag behind my left hip (actually closer to left-center of the back). Yep, it was a squeeze to get that all on. It helps if you put on some extra pounds and have at least a 38" waist! :rolleyes:

If you load left hand. Mark Otto chest carrier with four 4rd carriers, three 6rd carriers on the belt left of center, nine in the gun = 50 rds. :cheers:

Note: Not bad math. Using a 20ga will get you 5 rds. in each 4rd carrier and 7 rds in each 6rd carrier. Held securely.

On long stages like that, or ones that are close to my normal on belt capacity (20 + 9 in gun) I have an old Military pouch that I got at an army navy store. Its green and has M180 stamped on it. The mouth of the bag has very heavy webing stitched on it and stays open, and the strap I cut and attached a fastex type buckle to adjust it to my waist. I position it so it is hanging just to the left of my belt shell carriers so I dont have to search around the rest of my body for more shells. I drop the shells I want into the bag facing the same direction as the ones in the carrier and they always stay put. I just grab what I need from it and load (weak hand).

post-6767-1200060999.jpg

Edited by mpeltier

My belt looks just like a Wilderness Instructors belt...because it is. I just put stuff on and take stuff off depending on the stage. I have had up to 6 6 round carriers on it and a pistol mag on the left. I have a spare AR mag in the back!, but in General you will never need thatr much stuff as if it is a long shotgun course you don't have time for a lot of rifle and pistol....unless it is the Ironman! KURTM

My belt carries 6, 6rd carriers on the weakhand side and 2 4rd carriers on the strong hand side. with enough room for a pistol holster and mags, plus if I need more pistol I just use my Mark Otto chest carrier with 4 4rd carriers on it. and it frees up room for more pistol stuff. If you really need more shotgun ammo you can use all of that plus an arm carrier and a six pack on the gun, "Knowing how to load ambidextrously.........priceless"

Trapr

I finally have everything on the belt with Tek-lok or belt clips.. so I can change the belt easily, without taking it off.

What's on there is purely stage dependent..

The pistol hlster is about the only constant..

6 4-shot shell carries - clips

3 pistol mag holders - weak side (production style) - clips

1 Pistol Holster (DOH with TekLok)

1 Rifle mag (in back) - TekLok

For IronMan.. I have (now) a separate Wilderness belt for more Shotgun rounds if I need them. (mostly to sperate slugs and buck from shot).. and then I have 4 6-round shell holders)

Ok guys so worst case senerio at a USPSA sanctioned 3 gun would be 32 rounds of any one gun right, or 32 rounds combined?

I run a pair of cinched mags for my ar with 2 30 rounders so should be good to go there with out needing a mag holder for that.

I shoot limited so I would really only need another mag or 2 for pistol, so I could put one on the belt and one in the pocket.

So I'm thinking 4, 6 rounders up front and I would be good to go in shotgun.

So would this keep me safe for anything under USPSA rules or do those change from match to match as well?

Edited by steel1212

My typical set up for tactical

Uncle Mikes 2inch duty belt... I like the underbelt as it doesn't scratch my FJR when I ride

Serpa holster for the G17

3 factory light weight Glock mag pouches

2 Blade tech AR mag pouches with TecLoc to easily configure

8round 3gun Gear arm band

7 round 3gun Gear sidesaddle on Benelli

3gun Gear bandoleer to hold up pistol belt, like Sam Browne belt.... for mix and match slug/shot and local matches

and for KyleL's Mongo run with flipper clays and 32 round jungle stage

a pair of suspenders holding a cheap shotgun belt with loops, with 3 Choate trays adjusted high on chest above overhanging belly, with a Blackhawk pouch just for good measure

regards Les

I use the Safariland Levitation system all holsters and mag pouches have been adapted to that system and it works pretty well. I thought it was the answer but I seem to be the only one who uses it, at least where I shoot.

My setup...

Wilderness Instructors belt with Bladetech holster on the right and 3Gun Gear dual pistol mag pouch on left behind hip.

Another Wilderness Instructors belt with 4 Progressive 4 round shell carriers which just fits between the holster and mag pouch

3Gun Gear thigh rig with 2 AR mag pouches if necessary

3Gun Gear forearm shell carrier if necessary.

I run out of room real fast since I only have a 30" waist :)

So do you just attach your drop leg holster to your inner belt? Also, is that a bandoleer or a belt for the shotgun shells?

Yes, I attach the drop-leg rig to the inner belt. It has a quick-release connector too, so I only use it when necessary. Its a nice unit from Specter, holds 4 x AR mags, or 2 x FAL mags.

The bandolier runs across the chest, anchoring front and back to the belt. Its from 3 Gun Gear (as are the arm and belt shotshell holders).