Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........ I was talking about Area 4. However, not being able to get in touch with your area director is a big problem.

Troy

+1000

Yet he keeps getting re-elected. Go figure. :blink:

Edited by sfinney

How come every other area match is scheduled and its march and we still don't know when and where area 4 is going to be. Is it me or is something wrong with this? us t my thoughts

Working stiffs like us don't need to plan our time off in advance. :angry2:

Welcome to Area 4 !!!!

Shoot me a email and let me know what the tint place did after wrecking your new truck. Did they fix it?

Jimmy

According to my sources (rather direct ones, oddly enough), Hicks offered Area 4 to San Angelo.

The offer was to build a complete match BUT the cash offer was just exactly what the Clark range has been charging every year just to rent out enough space for Area 4 for a week (not to build, just rent bays for the week). Funny in that the Clark range just rents a week's space for what it takes to build a major match at a "free" range. Very strange. That would mean that Area 4 has been a LOT more expensive than it needed to be, year after year after year if you add rent to the cost of building a match. Interesting.

There was a counteroffer.

No answer.

And the pages of the calender keep turnin'...

Alex

The way I understand it, Wayne has been match director. The Area Director is responsible for the match. I don't know if Wayne was planning on running it this year or not. I've been on the set up crew/staff for years, and I don't know anymore about this year's match then ya'll do.

But come to think of it, I haven't asked either.

Edited by Al Capizzo

Looks like Christmas at Fort Concho will be on the first weekend in December:

CAOFC

I haven't been told (if it has even been decided) which date we'll use. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Bill

Thanks Bill. My thoughts are a Thanksgiving weekend match would allow juniors to not miss school and aloow others to not take vacation time.

Bill

Looks like November in San Angelo; the crew up there accepted the match. The IPSC Nationals are not happening, though, for a variety of reasons.

Alex

I changed my mine on saying something - It would be GREAT to shoot in San Angelo and I know the San Antonio crowd will be out in force - I wish we could have a date and info on something - all the other area matches are in full swing - why not area 4 ?

Edited by KGentry

OK, It appears to be official. Area 4 will be held at the SAGC in San Angelo on the third weekend of November, that is the 14-16. There will be 12 stages. Match hotel and most other details yet to be determined, but I'll try to keep ya'll updated.

Bill

OK, It appears to be official. Area 4 will be held at the SAGC in San Angelo on the third weekend of November, that is the 14-16. There will be 12 stages. Match hotel and most other details yet to be determined, but I'll try to keep ya'll updated.

Bill

AWESOME! I know you'll will do a great job making this a fun match for everyone!

Bill

Ouch, guess I'll have to try for next year. I will be in San Francisco for a conference. RATS! :(

Edited to add:

Yayyyy!!! I jus discovered that my conference has been moved to Nov. 5 - 7.

Edited by murkish

Awesome, something less than a full days drive!!! I'm telling you guys, the San Angelo club knows how to put on a match! This is truly a nice change. Hopefully this is enough time for them to prepare without having to kill all their help.

MLM