Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

can someone explain to me how the stage called" running of the sheep" works

You have 3 seconds to shoot 8 shots on 8 targets(3 strings), 24 rounds total, I can't see how you will be able to get off more than 6 shots off in any one string.

If you get 8 mikes, you zero the stage.

I am A class and I know I have no chance of being able to get off more than 12 shots total.

How is this fun or fair?

9.2.4.4 Fixed Time courses of fire do not incur failure to shoot at or miss

penalties.

Being fixed time, there are no penaltoes for failure to engage, or misses. So just shoot however many targets you feel comfortable with.... in theory you are competeing against other A class shooters of similar skill, so no disadvantage?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rule book is a good thing to have handy. :blush:

And... your hits are your score. Don't try to get all the shots off before the par time buzzer. Try to get as many Alphas as you can hit before the par time buzzer. Bad hits are a waste of time and points on a fixed time stage.

OK, here's a copy of the message I just sent to all of the registered competitors for the Area 4 match:

Shooters,

We are making a change to the Area 4 match format. Because of the low turnout, ROs and Staff will now shoot the match on FRIDAY, Nov. 14th. Everyone else will shoot on SATURDAY, Nov. 15th. There are a few people signed on Friday only squads, If you are one of those people, and you need to shoot on Friday, let me know. You can shoot with the ROs and staff. In case of unforeseen delays, 2 or 3 stages may be shot on Sunday morning, but the plan is to complete shooting on Saturday, have a one hour score verification period on Sunday morning, and get right to the awards and prizes.

I\'ll be making the changes to the self squadding system in the next day or so. There will be 13 squads of 8 shooters, all scheduled to shoot on SATURDAY.

Remember to adjust your motel accommodations.

Or they are trying to save us a night's stay in a hotel...by having a major-quality match with a one (or one and a half) day run!

Amazing!

The stages are more interesting (by far) than the last Nationals...go figure. This match is going to be a bargain to shoot, and a lot of fun. The San Angelo crowd has been running major matches for years, and this one looks to be at least as good as the Carter Martin, Texas State Limited, or the Texas State 3-Gun :)

See you there,

Alex

I'm LOVING the new one-day format. I had actually requested to shoot on Saturday due to an unexpected work conflict that cropped up Friday night. This match should have been scheduled WAY before it actually was - in fact, I'm of the opinion that the 2009 match should already be scheduled and free entry certificates to the 2009 A4 match should be on the prize table for the upcoming match.

That said, the crew at San Angelo are doing an amazing job of making a cake out of the shit sandwich they were handed.

Props to the San Angelo crew - no doubt. They deserve ALL the credit for setting this match up and running it.

Like many other shooters, I don't have the luxury of changing my schedule at the last minute. I'm all for the idea of setting up next year's match NOW.

...That said, the crew at San Angelo are doing an amazing job of making a cake out of the shit sandwich they were handed.

That's gold! :roflol::cheers:

I had never heard it in that context either. Mine was always: Life is like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit you have to eat. :closedeyes:

I will be thinking of you all as I wander about DPC saying "muzzle." :P Wish I could clone myself for a couple of days! This is only the second time I've missed A4 since moving to Texas...the first time was the summer of '01 when my daughter was born. Good luck to everyone and thank you again to San Angelo for pulling the bacon out of the fire.