Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they now have the date on the SAGC "Action Pistol Home Page"! That's a start at least! :)

Trodrig

We have attended area 4 the last couple of years, but looks like we will have to pass this year. It is two weeks after World Shoot. After being gone for 15 days to Bali, there may be a lot of shooters that won't attend. As usual, juniors will have a problem missing school and my junior who finished 4th overall in open last year and is going to W.S. can't miss anymore school. Bummer! :angry2:

• 1 month later...

The deal we made with Kenneth includes supplying the range, designing and building 12 stages. Kenneth is match director. I hope to push him to supply a match app soon which we will immediately post on our web site. As I understand it there will not be a match hotel as such, Ken will be giving the ROs a stipend and they can stay where ever they want.

Bill

Where were you guys when we voted for the Area director? I know, you voted just like I did but somehow we got beat. Oh well, in a few more years we have another chance.

MLM

I didn't get to vote because I was too new, you can bet I will next time around.

Jack

Where were you guys when we voted for the Area director? I know, you voted just like I did but somehow we got beat. Oh well, in a few more years we have another chance.

MLM

Yep, I voted for my choice. I know it is a lot of work for little or no thanks running clubs, sections and areas so I can imagine that Ken is tied up with the multi-gun nationals but we need some attention to the area 4 match. I am willing to make an application for him if he needs it. I just want to get signed up and start the squadding process.

Hotel space cleared up and available now, with LDS thing kinda on the back burner? Or are the hotels still full of reporters and lawyers?

Kinda hard to imagine a Major Area match where the staff did not go to the trouble to secure an official match hotel. But I guess thats better than saying the hotesl are all full and then canceling the match.

Hello: I was hoping to go to this match but will not confirm a hotel till I see a sign-up form somewhere. Is this the way all Area matches are? I have never been to one and was looking forward to this one. Please keep us updated. Thanks, Eric

Call the Area Director. He DOES answer his phone, even though his 'technology' skills leave a bit to be desired. ;)

The point is you shouldn't have to call anyone (much less the AD) to find out about how to sign up for an Area match 3 or 4 months out. The apps should be out. With a match hotel. This would not be that a big a deal, if there was not a "history" here..... (I am not criticizing the hard working guys of San Angelo by the way. They put on a great match.)

Not having "technology" skills is no excuse for not communicating. Get an assistant to email and publish for you, for Pete's sake. How are people from outside the local area supposed to plan, get time off from work, and arrange for attendance with nothing in writing .... six months minimum would be a good heads up, if not a full year. Looks like A4 is on track for another sub-par attendance match. You just don't get a national draw without advance billing. It needs to be in Front Sight, and it needs to at least be on the USPSA website.(not everyone reads BE.com...)

I want to attend. and am tenatively planning on it..... but won't ask for official time off from work though til I see the real application.... if that comes to late for me to make the request, oh well. I know I'm not alone in this.

Edited by sfinney

I usually stay in either the San Angelo Best Western or La Quinta when I'm visiting these days...those are the cheapest places that feature clean linen, IMO :ph34r:

Both are right off the major highway "loop" around town, and are convenient to the range.

Alex

I usually stay in either the San Angelo Best Western or La Quinta when I'm visiting these days...those are the cheapest places that feature clean linen, IMO :ph34r:

Both are right off the major highway "loop" around town, and are convenient to the range.

Alex

Thanks Alex! That was the info I was looking for. Hopefully my work schedule will allow me to take off, since it took awhile before the match dates were confirmed! :rolleyes:

Talked to Hicks a Minute ago (July 16th) he said San angleo Nov 14-16th Match Entry Form should be on the area 4 web site by this weekend. Said Waynes got it and they just need to change a few things and get it over to bill lane to post.

I am trying to plot the hotels and travel time. Is the match schedule typically: register on Friday, shoot 8 on Saturday, 4 on Sunday then do the awards?

David C :unsure:

David,

IIRC - last June it was 1 squad shooting Friday only, 1 squad shooting Saturday only, and everyone else shooting 1/2 day Friday, and a 1/2 Saturday (Friday AM/Saturday PM, Friday PM/Saturday AM). Awards were on Sunday morning.

In other years, it's been different - as in shooting on all 3 days. I think that model was losing popularity amongst most shooters.

There will more than likely be three squads shooting all day Friday and two squads shooting all day Saturday and most shooting half days Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be for shoot offs and awards.

I've negotiated $65/night for the shooters at the Rodeway Inn 2502 W. Loop 306, Phone # 325-944-4373. Mention USPSA for the reduced rate. Registration will probably be at the Rodeway if I can get access to their meeting room.

Edited by bpowe

There will more than likely be three squads shooting all day Friday and two squads shooting all day Saturday and most shooting half days Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be for shoot offs and awards.

I've negotiated $65/night for the shooters at the Rodeway Inn 2502 W. Loop 306, Phone # 325-944-4373. Mention USPSA for the reduced rate. Registration will probably be at the Rodeway if I can get access to their meeting room.

Thank you! :bow: