Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 05-02-03

Ironman

Today is my last day at my current job. I hate the last day at a place you have been at for years. :( Saying goodbye is hard. I also hate that I am loosing the company digital camera before I had a chance to show off my blaster, reloading room... 7 hours 15 minutes to go :rolleyes:

Jim

I hate the wait after that...watching as more of the organizations I could work at layoff and nuke people. I hate the lack of return phone calls, the decency to let someone know via a letter or email that they are no longer in the running.

Going thru it now and it is not fun...eats at your brain and you know if you don't find something soon your hobbies and interests will no longer be affordable....

Probably explains my foul mood and short fuse as of late.... :wacko:

I hate that I have finals this week. Even worse is that I quit my job to go back to law school and am really a$$ broke and cant afford to practice as much as I want to. On top of that it is so tempting to shoot alot since I live 8 minutes from the range and I have more free time. One more week and summer starts. Next friday at this time I am done and I can look forward to a summer of shooting and eating ramen noodles to pay for it.

Getting a slot to racegun nat., and the boss saying "we can't approve your vacation now for that time, maybe later!" Made the plane and hotel reservations anyway.

Today is my last day at my current job. I hate the last day at a place you have been at for years. :( Saying goodbye is hard. I also hate that I am loosing the company digital camera before I had a chance to show off my blaster, reloading room... 7 hours 15 minutes to go :rolleyes:

Jim

Leave now, go take those pics...what are they gonna do.....?

:angry: I hated losing my job when the industry downturned.

I love working for myself right now. :)

:angry: I hated limping around on banged up knees.

I love my knee now that I have had it operated on. :)

I have told an employer that the match I had signed up for is much more important than his job. :)

I hated losing my job. :( (but the match was fun) :lol:

Mike

R and G,

Thanks for the link. My doc gave some strethes that work well and I got some knee pads/supports that help a lot.

I lost about 25 lbs so far this year and the pain was gone for awhile but I did some kneeling on hard floors working on some computers that really aggravated it.

Getting better every day...

SA

Boy the theme to this weeks war is right on the money for me!!! It seems that half the people I tell about losing my job say they are afraid of the same thing happening to them. The crazy thing is some fields seem to be skyrocketing. Probably just a cyclic evolution of the economy but it sure sucks to be on the bottom end of it!!!

Poor management decisions play a key role in most job downsizing. The job I lost had the worst management team I've ever seen. The collapse was blamed on the workers but the management choked the life out them before the end. The good news is the management got canned too. Unforunetly they have already started weasling thier ways into other local companies.

:angry::angry::angry:

I hate that poor managers seem to be very good at getting new jobs after they get others canned for their failures. I gues that being full of **** does not always work against you.

I hate Brownell's boxes!

So much money spent...and it comes in a dinky little box. This box had lots of 'filler" and it was still small.

I hate that the "close and cheap" indoor range has their pistol bay shut-down. It was supposed to be open at the start of the month...now they say another week.

I hate living in a state where our economy is so bad we get a sore neck from looking up at Mississippi........so I work a lousy job. I must let go and enjoy my family and ignore the foolishness at work.

I hate when a company that makes software that I use every day finally announces a firm delivery date for a muchneeded upgrade to that software ----- this after waiting for more than a year ----- and then misses that firm date.!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :angry::angry::angry:

I hate watching my boss buy a new building (to add 4000 square feet) when the economy has no room for growth, and I got turned down for a raise AGAIN!!! (Going on 3 years now, dude!!!)

"I love your work, you're really doing a good job, I got no complaints.....but I got a $60,000 tax bill, the economy isn't picking up....lets talk again in 3 months....."

Oh, yeah!!! That's a great f*king reason to buy a bigger shop!!!!!!!!!!! The economy is slow and you can't pay you're god*amn taxes!!!!!!!! Thanks!!! :angry: