Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ALABAMA STATE MATCH

Has Helen got them pressed and folded????

What are you talking about? Helen wears the pants in that relationship. Brian does the pressing and folding. :goof:

Thats BRIANS pants, we are talking about MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is Sunny and WARM in B'ham.......looks like today might be the best day to shoot.....

Edited by DrawandDuck

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was a bit muddy, but I've shot in worse. Looks like Saturday will be cold, but probably warmer than one local match at the end of February.

Will Randal still be wearing his trademark shorts?

The tunnel is easy, it's the port 4" off the ground on Stage 3 that ya'll really ought to worry about.

Ya'll come see me on Stage 4...

Will Randal still be wearing his trademark shorts?

6 AM 32 °F Rain / Snow Mix Snow showers ending.

12 PM 38 °F Cloudy Mostly cloudy, windy and cold.

3 PM 40 °F Partly Cloudy Decreasing clouds, breezy and cold.

With the above forecast I seriously DOUBT it.... :angry2:

THE WEATHER MAN IS NOT TELLING US THE TRUTH :angry: IT WILL BE OK B) I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE

IT WAS MUDDY BUT NO RAIN.THE SUN EVEN CAME OUT A COUPLE OF TIMES.I TOLD YA'LL NOT TO LISTEN TO THE WEATHER MAN.NO SNOW TOMORROW TRUST ME :wub:

ROGER

Results are up. And we had to drive through blowing snow to get there!

Results are up where Bill?

USPSA.org under "Major Match" results

Winners:

Limited Bryan Reid

Limited_10 Tom Carpenter

Open Chris Patty

Production Robert Romero

Single Stack John Rasmussen

HEY EVERYONE, I JUST WANTED TO THANK ALL OF YOU GUY'S & GAL'S FOR MAKING STAGE 6 RUN SMOOTH TODAY, WELL EXCEPT FOR THE FEW ON THE FIRST SQUAD OF THE DAY THAT HAD TO RE-SHOOT. SORRY ABOUT THAT, BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER THE COW. I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU. I HOPE YA'LL ENJOYED THE MATCH.

TAMMY

I just want to thank all the RO's, Stats, and Match Directors for a VERY SUCESSFUL MATCH!! It went VERY SMOOTH...from start to finish in 8 hours.....Start of the day was Questionable at best (SNOW IN MARCH, see video below) but once the sun came out it warmed up nicely...

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/for...ALState2008.flv

Thanks again to everone for a GREAT MATCH....

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

Well, as I look out my window at the motel, it's snowing. Hope it doesn't stick. Doesn't seem too cold yet.......

See you folks on stage 7....I've got a HEATER :devil:

dj

Dennis, you get the BEST HEATER award...that thing PUT OUT SOME BTU's!!!!!!

Roger......dont quit your day job as your skill as a metrologists SUCKS... :P I know, TELL EM' LIES AND FEED THEM CANDY!!

Great match. Nice mix of stages, well built, well run, good staff with friendly and helpful attitudes -- just...great.

Like Bill said, we were questioning our sanity on the drive over from Atlanta this morning. Pouring rain when we left my house, then snow blowing sideways most of the way. We were worried about getting snowed in at the match! Thankfully the sun did it's job and broke through with abundant warmth.

It was especially nice to put faces to so many names from the forum.

Mark, Roger, Don - good show!

Tammy,

Thanks for putting on such a great match. We know that Roger helped, so thanks to him too :devil: (and Woogie and Mark as well)

To everyone involved, thanks.

You wouldn't believe how fast folks will paste up targets so they can get back to the heater under the tent. :surprise:

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

dj

I can't believe that the weather got as decent as it did yesterday. Fun match and fun people. Thanks to all involved putting on the match. This one REALLY required some dedication. Fun to match a few forum faces also. :cheers::cheers:

Well the AL Section put on another fun filled match yesterday. I thank all of you for be as dedicated (Stupid) as the rest of us for braving it out and sticking with it, is was well worth it. Thanks to everone involved, and we look forward to seeing you all at the GA. State @ River Bend GC in October (24-26)

I just hope all those that had signed up for the match and had done so on the promise that, "they would pay their match fee at registration", will make sure they honour their promise (if they showed or not!!), it looked like there was a bunch of IOU's on some of the uncollected registration packets. That's just wrong!!

The people who run these matches have long memories, and they speak to other match organizers??

Mark, Roger, Tammy, Woogie, Cindy, Bill, Stefan, and the remaining ROs and staff....thanks for all your hard work in putting the match together. Match ran awesomely smooth and I know that wasn't by coincidence. Not only were scores up, but awards ceremony started within an hour of last shot fired. Only recommendations I could make for next year would be fix the atmospheric multi-bay dome heater and shoot the cow. :cheers:

it is 8-30 sunday morning and i can't believe i am already up :( .what a match it had it all--rain--mudd--snow--freezing temp.--bright sun shine.the match filled up and we had to turn folks awaywe only had 5 no shows for the match.like i said at the shooters meeting and the awards meeting.if you come and shoot in this kind of conditions you are truly what this sport is all about.i can't say enough about the people that came out to help us put this match together. SAM CONWAY was our match sponsor and made one shooter real happy when he won the STI 45. the ROs--what a great bunch of guys and gals--Bill had the match scored minutes after the last score sheet was turned in. congratulations to all the winners. i hope everyone enjoyed the match despite the weather.

just your friendly neighbor hood weather forecaster

roger cash :D

Dang, I should have shot this match, I would have won revolver. <_<

Come on there has to be someone in AL that shoots revo.

Why didn't I think of that?? Then I could have told the guys at work that I was the Alabama State Revo Champ ! :lol:

Ditto the rest of the post . Great job from the Bama gang and I think the snow was a psych out to start the day of right

Time for me to chime in a say what a great time I had despite the funky weather. Squad 7 was a great squad and we had a great time. All stages went smooth and we seemed to have finished fairly quickly even with an hour break for lunch. I believe we fired our last shot on squad 7 at 2:20pm. And then it wasn't much longer that Bill had the scores out and finalled way before expected as usual.Bill.....you're awesome like that and we're glad to have you. Like every match I've ever attended at Moss Branch.....the match staff was first rate. Mark Hearn,Roger Cash,and Don"Woogie"Woosley always do it first class. And they do it all for a mere Thank You to make sure we have a first class experience. Once again.....big applaud to you guys and all the other match volunteers who made this possible. And thanks Sam for sponsoring the match. It was good to get to shoot with you.

I thought stage designs were excellent. Good high round count stages to assure we all got plenty of trigger time. And alot of gimmick free plain ol' shootin' stages. Just what I like.

Congrats to all the winners in their classes and to my boys representin' from Jawja. Top finishes in all divisions were extremely close.

To close a great day....a good many of us met up at Lone Star and had a good meal and then we said our goodbyes until the next time. And Randall even got his chalice. Don't ask me.....something about wanting to be like Snoop Dogg.

I'll see most of y'all at South Carolina.

Tod