Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bitter bone chilling cold weather

Merlin Orr

It is so cold here in Corpus Christi the entire city is paralyzed. I am afraid if I step out of my house I will turn to a block of ice before I could reach the safety of my truck and go shoot the match today....

It's 34 degrees!

And it seems even colder when you don't have a VibraPrime... :(

It is so cold here in Corpus Christi the entire city is paralyzed. I am afraid if I step out of my house I will turn to a block of ice before I could reach the safety of my truck and go shoot the match today....

It's 34 degrees!

Pfft! <_<

We could be so lucky up here.... :(

It's 34 degrees!

Pfft! <_<

We could be so lucky up here.... :(

Ain't that the truth.

We are getting about 8-10" of snow, and am about half way now, with 8.6F temp. But last night it was about -7.6F. :angry2:

34F = balmy weather and we'd be out in our t-shirts. :cheers:

It's all relative. :surprise:

It's 34 degrees!

Being from SoCal I do not get to see much cold at home but I was in AZ this week and had to go from Phoenix to Flagstaff ( actually Holbrook ) on Tuesday Night. The thermo on the car said 28 degrees. I'm was glad I brought my long pants :)

Hey, that's still plus two Fahrenheit.

We did our practise in minus O Celsius :cheers: and had fun...we kept our hands warm collecting the fired brass, quickly! :lol:

Shooting on the move keeps you warm! in cold conditions!

Edited by schmitz

Sorry to hear you are a little chilly Merlin. Wow you might have to turn on the furnace (if you have one).

We received over 8 inches of snow last night bringing the level in my back yard to 3 feet deep with drifts that make it nearly to my chin. That really makes finding brass a bit of a problem :goof:

The temp. is a balmy 15 but with the 40 mph winds off the frozen lake in my front yard the wind chill temp is around 15 below zero. When it's windy enough that your large poppers blow down and pasters won't stay on the targets... it's time for dry fire.

Are you feeling warmer Merlin????

Shut up, Merlin, and listen to your friends in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan!!! <_<<_<<_<

It's 34 here and windy--as we're preparing for a cold drenching thru today and maybe tomorrow. It's yukky, yes, but I'm so grateful for no "3-foot snowdrifts" in my front yard--ever.

Take heart, the storm WE'RE expecting to slam the coast broadside momentarily will roll it's way rudely over to YOUR neighborhood right afterward. :devil:

Sorry to hear you are a little chilly Merlin. Wow you might have to turn on the furnace (if you have one).

We received over 8 inches of snow last night bringing the level in my back yard to 3 feet deep with drifts that make it nearly to my chin. That really makes finding brass a bit of a problem :goof:

The temp. is a balmy 15 but with the 40 mph winds off the frozen lake in my front yard the wind chill temp is around 15 below zero. When it's windy enough that your large poppers blow down and pasters won't stay on the targets... it's time for dry fire.

Come on 3 feet of snow is nothing for a u-pper, I remember the 2 years at Sault Saint Marie with the same fondness as one of my worst nightmares. At least until I moved to Montana and found a sign reporting to be the coldest temperature in the CONUS and winds are runing 25-40MPH as I write.

Furnace?? In a HOUSE? What a concept! :cheers:

The storm we're getting is coming from you. :angry:

I finished cleaning out my driveway 2hrs ago and now there's 2" in it. :angry:

So much for 8" total, we've had over 10" now. :angry2::angry2:

You guy's from the south are breaking my, and MichiganShootist's collective hearts. :cheers::cheers: