Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uncertainty about my wife's health

DBeck77

My wife survived breast cancer in 2001 after a full year of treatment (surgery, chemo, radiation, etc.) and has thankfully been cancer free until now. The week of Thanksgiving we noticed a swelling under her arm and she showed it to her medical oncologist the next week. She has had an MRI, and 2 visits to her surgeon (a core biopsy done this morning). Now we play the waiting game for a week and see if we are back in the fight again. I hate frigging cancer :angry2:

David

David,

My prayers will be with you and your wife.

My wife survived breast cancer in 2001 after a full year of treatment (surgery, chemo, radiation, etc.) and has thankfully been cancer free until now. The week of Thanksgiving we noticed a swelling under her arm and she showed it to her medical oncologist the next week. She has had an MRI, and 2 visits to her surgeon (a core biopsy done this morning). Now we play the waiting game for a week and see if we are back in the fight again. I hate frigging cancer :angry2:

David

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's situation, but we will hope for the best. I went with a friend to a gunshow this weekend and have found some interesting reviews about this Xango juice that is supposed to help one individual's medical condition get better. My friend who is a Physical Therapist had a patient in homecare who was terminal for cancer and started taking/drinking this Juice and have greatly improved with his medical condition and almost cancer free. This Xango juice is made and extracted from mangosteen fruit where it can be found from tropical countries especially from southeast asian counrties like the Philippines.

You may try to search on this topic in order for you to give you more facts and better understanding. By the way, his patient still continued his cancer treatment while taking the Xango juice. His prognosis was - Dr. gave him few weeks to live but he is still living now for almost 6 to 7 months now.

My prayers are with you and your wife and your family. God bless and Happy Holidays.

David, sorry to hear that. I wish you both the best and a lot of luck too. My sweetie got diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks ago; it's had a pretty good start already. So it looks like it's going to be a rough ride since they think the treatment is only life prolonging and that all depends on how she responds to it. We just got the cat doing better from an auto immune disease that eats red blood cells.

I'll check out the Zango juice - - I might even try some. I hope it has plenty of alcohol in it.

Update: She does have cancer, it is localized to the lymph nodes in one area. She will do chemotherapy again and we will beat this thing back again. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and keep us in your prayers.

David

• 2 weeks later...

She has a PET scan tomorrow after 5 freaking days of waiting for BCBS to approve it. This will tell us if the cancer is localized and how bad the treatment is going to be. She will be doing chemotherapy but the extent of it depends on whether the cancer has spread anywhere other than the lymph nodes under her arm. Good thoughts and prayers are appreciated, after 24 years of marriage and with two teenage girls I need her now more than ever. She does have one of the top medical oncologist in the U.S. and I am very confident in her doctors after her bout in 2001 with this nasty stuff.

Thanks,

David