Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prayers needed for (Mad Scientist aka Glock Jockey) John Nagel

GlockSpeed31

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke with John and got an update on Mathew's condition. Apparently yesterday was a breakthrough day and Mathew's condition improved greatly. So much so, that according to John, the doctors can't explain nor believe it. After coming out of the induced coma, he was able to recognize his parents and answer some questions using hand signals. They were discussing moving him to a long term care facility a couple of days ago, but it appears that may not happen now.

He is still on the ventilator and the doctors are unsure of how much, if any brain damage there is. Mathew's head took 3 separate and serious blows; one when the car initially hit him, a second when his head hit the windshield, and the last when he fell to the ground over 25 feet from the impact area. Hopefully, now that he is awake the doctors can assess the situation better. There is still an expectation of an extended rehab due to the damage to his legs as well.

John would like to thank everyone and asked that you continue to pray for Mathew and the family. He is convinced that it is the outpouring of prayer and support that resulted in this turn for the better in Mathew's condition.

Edited by cpty1

Sounds like some prayersd were answered.

amen!

John,

We will keep your family on the prayer list until there is a complete recovery. I know that lots of competent people are taking care of the boys. You need to take care of yourself and the rest of the family. If there is anyway I can help from this distance, you have my number.

David Cross

Update as per Chris Patty 12-27-07:

Good news to report on Mathew's condition. Sometime around the Sunday/Monday timeframe, his fever finally broke and his white blood cell count improved. He has continued to improve and strengthen daily since then and is planned to be moved to another facility tomorrow where he will begin rehab.

Latest update from Chris:

John just gave me a call with an update on Mathew's condition. He was successfully relocated over to the Children's Medical Center rehab unit. Mathew and family are in much better spirits as a result of just being out of IC and the hospital. John shared with me today that the trauma surgeon he spoke with right after the accident only gave Mathew a 20% chance of surviving that accident.

While it appears he is out of any immediate danger now, there is still a long and difficult rehab ahead. Mathew still suffers from some speech and other motor skill challenges. The hope is those issues will diminish as he continues to recover from the severe head trauma he suffered, in combination with the rehab that will be provided.

Latest update from Chris:

John just gave me a call with an update on Mathew's condition. He was successfully relocated over to the Children's Medical Center rehab unit. Mathew and family are in much better spirits as a result of just being out of IC and the hospital. John shared with me today that the trauma surgeon he spoke with right after the accident only gave Mathew a 20% chance of surviving that accident.

While it appears he is out of any immediate danger now, there is still a long and difficult rehab ahead. Mathew still suffers from some speech and other motor skill challenges. The hope is those issues will diminish as he continues to recover from the severe head trauma he suffered, in combination with the rehab that will be provided.

Thanks for the update, Our prayers will continue to with the John & his family.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello to all that have been their with me in spirit as my family went thru this life changing ordeal. I would like to take a few minutes and thank every one for all the prayers and support that our family has recieved. we could not have gotten thru this time without you

Matthew has finished rehab and has made about a 95 % recovery. he will carry with him the scares of this event from now on but the good news is he is here with us and continues to improve daily.he went back to school for a couple of classes a week before school let out. he has returned to his job on a limited basis.

we are so thankful that we have great friends that came to our aid in a time when all hope seemed lost.I hope that every one is doing well in their daily lives and Know that our family owes each and every one of our friends a heart felt dedt of gratitude .

John Nagel and family