Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brett Favre

Flexmoney

Favre set a franchise record with 20 consecutive completions and finished with a season-high 381 yards and three touchdowns in the Packers' 37-26 Thanksgiving Day victory...

That was some good stuff there. I don't care who you like.

My best buddy since forever knows a girl (really...it's true). Her son has a terminal illness. (The kid is a freakin' riot...total ham, too.) He got to go to Green Bay (from WV) to meet Favre on one of those 'Make a Wish' type deals. Favre was fantastic with them (my buddy drove them up there).

They then got invited to go see GB when they were playing in Pittsburgh (I believe).

There is your pro sports roll model. B)

post-690-1196043573.jpg

post-690-1196044248.jpg

post-690-1196044264.jpg

He is definitely a great role model for kids (and adults too.) I'd say he is one of a kind but I grew up in Green Bay. The vast majority of the players in that era were all very similar role models. They had to be. If they weren't Lombardi would have killed them. :surprise:

+1,

Last week when they played the Loins, during the National Anthem the TV camera panned across the players. He was one of two that took the time to place his hand over his heart. The rest of them just were going on with business as normal.

Edited by North

Flex,

Like many others have said, thanks for sharing. He genuinely (sp?) looks to be a quality person behind that uniform. I bet he got as much out of that visit with the young man as the young man did with Brett.

As a die hard MN Vikings fan I have learned to hate and then love Favre's competitive nature. Over the last few years I have learned to appreciate what he has gone thru (all his personal problems) and yet this year he comes out and he looks like he is just having FUN on the field.

I actually hope the Packers go the distance, and become the NFC champions. It would really be something if they were to knock off the Patriots in the big dance.

It pains me to say this but,,,,here goes.... "GO PACK"!!!

It pains me to say this but,,,,here goes.... "GO PACK"!!!

What does it say about a guy when he is on a rival team and you still pull for him? B)

It says he's an intelligent human being with excellent tastes who is able to overcome the shortcomings of his birthplace.

Go Pack!

:cheers:

Edited by AikiDale

If Brett wins the superbowl I'm starting a riot.

That's something I can seriously see a movie being made about.

It would be a good story line, but he has about as much chance of that happening as I do of willing the SS Nationals.. Just my opinion, but don't think the Pack can beat the Boys or New England or the Colts.. I could be wrong, but we'll see. He has put up some incredible numbers I will admit and playing like a man of 25 or so.

If Brett wins the superbowl I'm starting a riot.

That's something I can seriously see a movie being made about.

It would be a good story line, but he has about as much chance of that happening as I do of willing the SS Nationals.. Just my opinion, but don't think the Pack can beat the Boys or New England or the Colts.. I could be wrong, but we'll see. He has put up some incredible numbers I will admit and playing like a man of 25 or so.

I suspect whoever wins Thursday night will meet New England in the Superbowl.

Yeah, but any given Sunday ya know? The Eagles came incredibly close to beating the Pats and the Packers are a much better team than the Eagles.

I do agree that it's a slim chance, but there is a chance never the less. The biggest thing is the Packers O-Line. If they can give Brett time, he can score points with the best of them. I would also definitely double cover Moss and Welker as much as possible. The secret to the D though is getting pressure on Brady....you can tell that he doesn't like getting hit.

I don't really think that whoever wins on Thursday will be in the superbowl....I think both of these teams (the Seahawks have a chance too) will meet in the NFC championship regardless. This game (similar to the Pats and Colts) really doesn't mean anything outside of home field advantage.

I would give the Pack a better chance of beating the Boys if it were in Green Bay and very cold and the Pack did not have the injuries they have right now. I know Romo has gotten lots of good press but the fact is still that he is an almost rookie QB and he has had some really curious games where the D pulled him out of the fire. It will be a good game for sure...

BTW, Ricky Williams return to the NFL lasted exactly 6 carries...WTF...have to chuckle at that one... the Dolphins are really desperate...