Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Coupler

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Great test.... Except I really don't have a problem with accidently driving on my mags. :huh:

Loved the video!

B

while i have not driven over any of mine I have stepped on quite a few as I reloaded on the fly.

The didn't work that well after. Magpul mags rock.

• 2 weeks later...
I managed to get my arredondo couplers on to my P-mags without any modifications, it was quite difficult though ;)

Same here, but I made a small bevel on the rear corner blocks to make it a little easier. I thought that I was going to take the skin off my fingers! After you finally get them on the mags don't move. I was worried that the couplers were so tight that the mag would be compressed and not function properly. No worry, ran a few mags full of .223 and works perfect.

Doug

P-mags as we all know are the shiznit. So are Arrendondo mag funnels. The problem arises trying to use couplers on the P-Mags other than Arrendondo. Other brands of couplers don't hold the mags far enough apart to clear the Arrendondo funnel.

A couple buddies of mine have figured it out though. With appropriate modification via Dremel tool the Arrendondo couplers can be made to fit like a glove. Apply appropriate homemade stippling to the left side of the coupler and you have the highest speed lowest drag set of coupled mags ever....

I have to say this; I just finished 5 weeks of tactical training for the USAF for my upcoming trip to Iraq. They issued PMags to us. I used mine during live fire training vs the standard GI mags they recommended (so we had good mags to deploy with). Well, everyone who took their advise struggled with the regular regement of jams from bad/overused GI mags. I didn't have a single jam in over 1,000 rounds. I'm going into a hostile enviornment, and I will carry nothing but PMags for my M-4. It's just that simple a decision. I got lucky and the guy who does my org's firearm training convinced them to buy and issue nothing but PMags. It saved me from buying them for myself. They are just that good.

I have to say this; I just finished 5 weeks of tactical training for the USAF for my upcoming trip to Iraq. They issued PMags to us. I used mine during live fire training vs the standard GI mags they recommended (so we had good mags to deploy with). Well, everyone who took their advise struggled with the regular regement of jams from bad/overused GI mags. I didn't have a single jam in over 1,000 rounds. I'm going into a hostile enviornment, and I will carry nothing but PMags for my M-4. It's just that simple a decision. I got lucky and the guy who does my org's firearm training convinced them to buy and issue nothing but PMags. It saved me from buying them for myself. They are just that good.

I feel the same about my PMags. As far as I'm concerned, they are better than any other mag at any price. And I can get 4 of them for the price of one HK. :cheers:

Good luck on your deployment. May God bless you and keep you safe!

Pmags are the only way to go!

Score lots of Alphas on your deployment, be safe, and come back with good tales to tell.

Godspeed brave Sir.