Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What width front sight do you use?

steel1212

I just realized that both my SS blasters have .125 front FO sights, my 2 limited guns have .110 front sights, and my 9mm eagle has a .090 front sight :blink:

I'll probably move everything to 0.090 in the future but I was just curious as to what the majority of you guys run.

Edited by steel1212

Hello: I used a Caspian 0.070 today and loved it for IDPA with a Bo-Mar rear sight. I am going to go to the thinner sights for all my pistols now. I was using a .125 then .110 and have a .090 and the .070. You just have to put a large bulb on the end when you change the fiber insert. That helps alot. Thanks, Eric

I think it depends a lot upon the application... Right?

I run a .100" (Fiber Optic Dawson) on my USPSA fixed site guns for "Hopefully" better accuracy and farther distances. On my IDPA guns I run a .125" HI-VIZ due to the closer distances. It seems to jump out at me a bit faster for those shorter distances.

Another thing guys is that just because the front sight is only .090 wide doesn't mean you can make your FO dot as big as it is on your .125 sight. I know that my "dots" typically all are the same size just the blades are wider. I like to be able to see around my front sight in the notch, hell as somebody told me last night a .125 front blade will block out a target at 50 yards.

I have a .125 on my Single Stack, and I have a .110 iron sight on my LTD gun. Been thinking of switching that to a .100 fiber optic, and will most likely do that to the SS as well.

.... somebody told me last night a .125 front blade will block out a target at 50 yards.

What kind of "sight picture" are you using ? :huh: The 12 o'clock hold ???

Personally I line up my front & rear horizontally, but vertically I put them halfway up the body of the target (A-zone). So at 50 yards, I am just covering up the bottom half of the target. Not the whole target.