Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Info Section

This has probably been brought up before, but I'll ask anyway. Do we have enough interest in the SS platform to merit it's own spot in the forums? All of the information that I have gleaned so far is scattered all over the place, and the search results are often chaotic. I recently acquired my first one, and need tons of info before I shame myself at our local mini match. I think it would be cool to have a dedicated spot for all things single stack related, regardless of caliber. Thanks!

I don't see a problem by having one. The first sticky post should be the rules for equipment.

GREAT IDEA!!!

I brought this up a while ago, I think that is what Nick was referring to. It was shot down, pun intended!!!!

BUT, after shooting the South Florida Single Stack this past weekend, I am going to say I think it would be a great idea, and here is why:

1911's are great, but they take some tuning, just like all of those 2011's being used for Limited and Limited 10. Most of YOU have not or don't shoot single stack very often, and I saw a LOT of people having trouble with their guns, mags, and ammo.

At the awards presentation, a show of hands poll was taken. How many had gun trouble? How many had ammo trouble? How many had to borrow mags to make it thru the match? There was a significant number of people that raised their hands.

There was also a LOT of talk during the match among shooters about mags, bullets, and SS guns in general.

YES, there IS a need/place for a dedicated Single Stack section. I will even volunteer to moderate it. I figure it is the only place on here that I could be trusted :D

As a 1911 shooter I voted yes because the problems are different for it than my Para and the revolver forum has been helpful since buying my 625 & 617 so much so that I now have a 686 for some reason that I haven't figured out yet.

Also with USPSA legitimizing the Single Stack next year it would be nice to have its own forum starting with a sticky for what the forum is about.

I am not sure if we need a new gun subdivision but please keep the USPSA rule discussions in the USPSA rules forum. Many people shoot more than one division and spreading the stuff out would only make it harder to keep up IMHO.

Later,

Chuck

I think it would be a good idea also. However, letting Z moderate it???? :P

OH, ye of little faith :angry2:

I am not sure if we need a new gun subdivision but please keep the USPSA rule discussions in the USPSA rules forum. Many people shoot more than one division and spreading the stuff out would only make it harder to keep up IMHO.

Later,

Chuck

That IS what the search button is for!!! :D

I think it would be a good idea also. However, letting Z moderate it???? :P

OH, ye of little faith :angry2:

Later,

Chuck

That IS what the search button is for!!! :D

LOL, keep it coming folks... blame my 1911 obsession on my SP01 Custom ...nothing like real wood and steel in a pistol. Oh, I'll keep the plastic pistol for carry, but not for matches right now. It just makes me feel.......dirty. :blush:

I was kinda baffled by your post, Chuck, I am not interested in getting a subforum rolling for rules, as we have fine one already. The search button works wonders there. I am interested in a sharing of 1911 platform knowledge, as it fills it's own niche in our USPSA world.

Thanks,

Chris

I was kinda baffled by your post, Chuck, I am not interested in getting a subforum rolling for rules, as we have fine one already. The search button works wonders there. I am interested in a sharing of 1911 platform knowledge, as it fills it's own niche in our USPSA world.

Thanks,

Chris

Oops, I didn't mean your post. My rule comment was in reaction to post #4 above about the "rule sticky"

Later,

Chuck

As you can tell from my online name I'm a SS type shooter. Still I think we should wait and see how things develope in the next year. Certainly if as many as a third start shooting SS then having it's own section might be a good thing. We wouldn't want all the Open and Limited Shooters to feel bad now would we? :D

I think Lighteye is up to something with this idea. The 1911/2011 is the platform more heavily used in our sport. The same as we have revo and Glock subforums, we would most definitely benefit from having to ask/look in just one place for all info 1911.

Make it happen, Number 1.

B)

Thanks,

Chris

Oops, I didn't mean your post. My rule comment was in reaction to post #4 above about the "rule sticky"

Later,

Chuck

What I was referring to was Rules just for SS like Equipment, Holsters, and Positioning on shooters body and then like.....

If the is going to be a SS forum, I just thought it would be a natural place to look for anyone whom might have questons.

Thanks,

Chris

Later,

Chuck

What I was referring to was Rules just for SS like Equipment, Holsters, and Positioning on shooters body and then like.....

If the is going to be a SS forum, I just thought it would be a natural place to look for anyone whom might have questons.

I was just hoping to keep the USPSA rules discussions in the USPSA Rules forum. Since Open, Limited, L-10, Production and Revo rules are discussed there, SS probably should be there also.

I was just hoping to keep the USPSA rules discussions in the USPSA Rules forum. Since Open, Limited, L-10, Production and Revo rules are discussed there, SS probably should be there also.

I agree with Chuck, anything rules-related should be in the rules forum. However, the 1911 platform is so heavily used in all the shooting sports that a dedicated sub-forum here in our own little BEnosverse, IMHO, is warranted. Bullseye, USPSA, IDPA, Bianchi, Steel, hi-cap, low-cap, parts, accessories, what works and what doesn't. I know a lot of info could be already found here with thorough use of the search function but imagine how easy it would be. When we need to find something Glock-related we go to the Glock forum, same for the wheelguns.

So, what say ye, Flex?

B)

Well said, Nemo, Merlin, Dan S, and others. The need exists legitimately, I believe, and it is time for the granddaddy of auto-loaders to have a (sub-forum)home here.

On a similar note, I'm shooting my first SS only match next week, should be a hoot. I will bring a grandfather clock to time my reloads.

1911 fans... Sorry to bear the bad news... We've been down this one before, but just for fun I polled all the mods, and the result was still 100% negative.

The general vibe is - our format isn't gun or division specific. The 1911 questions fit into the forums that we already have.

Although we have a revolver section... revolvers are specifically different enough to justify it.

And we also have a Glock Forum. At the time we started it, the Forum was new, Glocks were popular and you just couldn't get good info on them at all.

The "stock" gun thing was originally intended to differentiate between non-comped and comped semi-autos, because the ammo and accessories used are quite different for each. If we create a forum for every brand, type, competition division, or whatever happens to be popular at the moment, it never ends.

be