Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Roached Out Blaster

EricW

Enough of you Nancy Boys and Betties with your fancy-pants blasters. Getta load of this POS:

sBlasterRightSide.jpg

sBlasterQuarteringLeft.jpg

Please note the irreverent scratches, rusty hammer, sanded-down trigger, splotchy bluing job, chewed-up magwell, front sight that has literally been glued on with loctite, and the aluminum-stained frame (courtesty of my equally abused Safariland rig). So there! Take that!

I dare you to have so little regard for your own blaster. Ha!

Hey Eric,

That's a real "workhorse" fer sure!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you ever really need that baby, it's gonna be the most beautiful thing you ever laid eyes on.

My fave is a 17 year old Sig P-226 that looks all worn out externally, but is pristine where it counts. It has never, ever skipped a beat on me, and that is what really matters here.

If it runs reliably, ya don't have to take any guff from nobody, nohow ;~)

Regards,

I dare you to have so little regard for your own blaster. Ha!

My single stack gun has black spray paint on the slide. And it's chipping.

I'd post a pic, but I don't know how to do it without having it posted on a web site somewhere. Is it possible to insert an image (rather than a URL) into one of these messages?

You know, way back just shortly after the earth cooled, when I was known as a welder/fabricator instead of a fat assed General Manager I had a real prejudice against “pretty” tools.

When you use a tool and use it hard, well it just doesn’t look “new” anymore. I can remember when I had my welding gear stolen and I had to go and buy all brand new stuff. Then I had a job interview / welding test to go to so I borrowed my buddy’s gear just so I wouldn’t look like a damn rookie!

When I look at your blaster what I see is a tool that’s been used hard for its intended use. Holster wear and battle scars? Hell, that’s how it’s SUPPOSED to look when it’s used a lot, and when it’s used a lot it’s probably used WELL!

I bet when you uncase THAT gun that nobody thinks of YOU as a rookie.

Email me your pic and I'll put it up in my web space.  We, of the nasty blasters, gotta stick together or the frenchies are gonna own the place. 

Thanks for the offer! :D

They should be in your e-mail box by the time I post this message. As I type this, my slow-a** dialup connection is sending the photos. <_<

We don't have to worry about any Frenchies challenging us on the ugly gun front . . . all of their guns are brand new and unused except for the scuff marks from when they were dropped. Once. :lol:

Moderator's Note:

==================================

Here's Rhino's Blasters:

Rhino1.jpg

Rhino2.jpg

World's Most Dangerous Handpuppet.

Rhino3.jpg

beware of the man who's blasters blueing is worn (meaning: its a heavily used pistol and its pilot experienced)

exception: Rhino's gun. The gun is well worn and its user is "experienced", but the sum means nothing. :D

:lol: If you are gonna' spray paint your blaster you really should use the flat black! :lol:

I used Rustoleum Hard Hat spray paint in flat black on an old enfield that I was "sporterizing" and it did not look too bad.

-ld

Ok, here's my Franken-blaster. Check it out.

smep.jpg

Doesn't look so bad? The slide's mostly in the white, note the SV frame (nickel plated) and STI grip (DIY stippled, of course), mismatched trigger and converted BE-shoe (flipped & drilled a curved-lower one), cracked C-more with abused mount and lens held in with silicone sealant. Fit in a couple cold-blued safeties and you're getting close.

And you know what? At one point it was the Briley catalog cover gun. :o

beware of the man who's blasters blueing is worn (meaning: its a heavily used pistol and its pilot experienced)

We had a former olympic champion visit our club and his pistol looked like a real POS.

After we had shot a match we were talking and he said "you guys sure have pretty guns. It's a shame that none of you can shoot for s**t.

I've not pictures of my blasters but foo foo poofy guns they are not. The work horse is my stock p14 ltd. Well stock except for the hiviz rifle front site. You can see how I grip it because the finish on the frame is worn in the shape of my fingers. My thumb has worn the finish off the thumb and the grip safety. I also have some purty nice scratches on the slide. I was thinking about getting the frame hard chromed but every time I look at the finger grooves worn into the finis I start thinking about all the fun I've had whith her and I just don't want to erase all that character for some glossy foo foo finish.

I know what you mean about the tools. There are few things as embarassing as showing up on the job sit with a pretty clean set of nail bags and a shiny new skill worm drive.

If your gun is worn you must lover enough to take her down to the range and warm 'er up.

exception: Rhino's gun. The gun is well worn and its user is "experienced", but the sum means nothing. :D

Hey! I resemble that remark! :wacko:

And that picture was from 2000 (when the damn thing was still working) . . . the paint has a few more chips and the skate tape is frayed! Plus I have an uglier short trigger now. And different stocks.

CHALLENGE: Anyone who can identify the brand of my rear sight gets a hearty "Good show!" from me!

:lol: If you are gonna' spray paint your blaster you really should use the flat black! :lol:

I used Rustoleum Hard Hat spray paint in flat black on an old enfield that I was "sporterizing" and it did not look too bad.

-ld

Hey! I didn't do it myself! The previous owner did it! :P

Of course, he kicked butt with it in Limited long before Limited-10 was even a concept (went from zero to A-Limited). He also put more than 200K rounds through it before I touched it!

Ok, I see none of you have even taken a dremel tool or file to your grips, not a beast until you have hacked away the grip a bunch :)

I'm not allowed to use power tools. Well, not since the . . . incident. :blink:

Hah! I knew Rhino's blaster looked better in the pics than it does in real life! I just didn't want to say anything too smarty-pants. Those are old pictures. It looks worse now sportsfans.

Hah! I knew Rhino's blaster looked better in the pics than it does in real life! I just didn't want to say anything too smarty-pants. Those are old pictures. It looks worse now sportsfans.

He's right! It's true! :P

On the bright side, I've installed a new elevated mag release (an STI part). Methinks the intermittent problems with going into battery are a thing of the past. ;)

On the down side, now that the mags are held as high as they should be, I had to file big hunks of plastic from the 'boots" on my 10-rd magazines. No problems with the 8-rders, though.

It should be good for another 200K rounds now! :wub: