Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Supreme Court

outerlimits

had mixed feelings about this, but now i'm convinced it's a good idea. the us supreme court will decide today (and announce on monday) whether they will take up the case regarding washington dc's gun control. if they do, this will be the most important decision made by the bench on the 2nd amendment in many, many years. 11 states are on the bandwagoon supporting the challenge.

i'm hopeful the current makeup of the court will be on our side.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had mixed feelings about this, but now i'm convinced it's a good idea. the us supreme court will decide today (and announce on monday) whether they will take up the case regarding washington dc's gun control. if they do, this will be the most important decision made by the bench on the 2nd amendment in many, many years. 11 states are on the bandwagoon supporting the challenge.

i'm hopeful the current makeup of the court will be on our side.

Very interesting. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

My prediction: The take a pass on the case, leaving the gun ban overturned in DC, but not affecting other jurisdictions where bans are based on "state's rights".

This would seem to be the only way out for the court where the disconnect between that the constitution requires, and the "desired outcome" of increased government power, are in such clear conflict.

I never did think they would hear it as we talked about on another thread, but who knows? It would be nice to put this one to bed for good. If the follow the framers then they would rule in our favor and we could finally move on.

If they do hear it it might not be what you think. They may choose to rule on whether DC has the right to ban guns and not whether it's an individual right... which would leave us right where we are and would open the door for others to do the same. That thought has me more worried than a ruling on the 2nd. I think they would do the right thing there, but I'm not sure about the other.

Edited by JThompson

I'll keep it short and sweet.Does it really matter what they do?

Yep.

Possibly big time - although, frankly, I don't expect them to display any chutzpah in the matter and make any sort of sweeping ruling one way or the other (it also depends on how the case is brought before them, of course...). I have a large amount of fear that, if they did make a sweeping ruling, we would be very unhappy with it, though... (like, they would rule that the 2nd Amendment is not an individual right.... say bye bye to your bang-bangs, then, kids...).