Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm edge in production

bayouman

If you are refering to the STI Edge, it is not production legal due to the single action trigger.

If you want to shoot a 1911/2011 style gun in production the logical choice would be a Para LDA

Tony

Edited by 38superman

I didn't want to hijack hk mrbr's thread but wanted to ask if a 9mm Edge could be used to shoot production, or does the magwell make it illegal?

Thanks

No!! Single action is not allowed in Production, only Double action or Safe action (Glock) pistols may be used for production.

Thanks. I was looking for a heavier (all metal) 9mm gun instead of XD and Glock that would absorb more of the recoil., and still be legal for Production.

Beretta, any Para ordnance LDA or S&W make models approved for production use which have all steel construction

I personally have a Beretta 92D (double action only) that I have for use in USPSA production and IDPA SSP. There are several other handguns that are all metal construction that would work great in production.

I manly shoot revolver myself, so the 92D being double action only helps me transition between revolver and auto shooting.

Yeah, it kind of sucks. There really is no place for a single action 9mm in USPSA. Unless you want to shoot minor in limited and then you are handicapped.

Uh, how about Open?

Sure, with my single stack 1911 and iron sights?

why not.

If it has a ramped barrel load some up to major and shoot it. I have had friends clame open class shooting minor loads out of a g17. They did it just to see where they would place against the open guys.

Can you take your cz and after drawing the holster rack the slide and then start shooting or that not legal in production?

Why would you want to give up a round of capacity to do that? Not to mention the time required to rack the slide on the clock?

Yeah, it kind of sucks. There really is no place for a single action 9mm in USPSA. Unless you want to shoot minor in limited and then you are handicapped.

Uh, how about Open?

Sure, with my single stack 1911 and iron sights?

How about SS division --- where the minor 9mm is at least allowed a 2 round capacity advantage over major .45s.....

Thanks. I was looking for a heavier (all metal) 9mm gun instead of XD and Glock that would absorb more of the recoil., and still be legal for Production.

Beretta, any Para ordnance LDA or S&W make models approved for production use which have all steel construction

Sig also makes HEAVY all steel versions of the 226 --- running right around 40 oz. I think.....

Can you take your cz and after drawing the holster rack the slide and then start shooting or that not legal in production?

Why would you want to give up a round of capacity to do that? Not to mention the time required to rack the slide on the clock?

I can rack the slide pretty quick and one rounds down isn't tough to over come with you have 9+1 and have an 8 round array, plus it gets rid of the first shot double action.

I can rack the slide pretty quick and one rounds down isn't tough to over come with you have 9+1 and have an 8 round array, plus it gets rid of the first shot double action.

You could probably fire first shot double-action faster than you can rack the slide and then take two single action shots, as long as it is a comstock course.

Sig also makes HEAVY all steel versions of the 226 --- running right around 40 oz. I think.....

226ST - for all stainless. It is what I shoot in production. I am not sure that it is still manufactured in the same manner though, if buying new you may have to get an alloy model with a beaver tail. Not sure. Great guns though, and the trigger can be made very competitive IMHO

You could probably fire first shot double-action faster than you can rack the slide and then take two single action shots, as long as it is a comstock course.

Under the current rules that would appear to be legal -- the way to do it, is another story.....

But, by all means try it.....