Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our new Great Dane puppy

chp5

Years ago I had a young lady who worked for me as a receptionist. Her boy friend had a golden brown great Dane named Bubba who on his back feet was considerably taller than I was. The young man also had a MG sports car... I think it was a TR3.

When Bubba was riding shotgun and the top was up on the convertable.... you could see the bulge his head made in the top. In the Summer when the top was down the guy put goggles on the dog so he could sit upright in the passenger seat and look over the windshield.

It was damn funny... but I have no idea how many accidents he caused..... as people took double takes.

Good luck with your new pup.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So how's the corgi doing with him?

Molly the Corgi actually likes him now (most of the time). His puppy energy gets to her sometimes.

She's actually protective of him now when he's around other dogs. If the other dog knocks Samson down while playing, Molly will ram the other dog :-)

Here's a couple of my favorite dog quotes...

If dogs don't go to heaven when they die, then I want to go where they went ~ author unknown

Will Rogers actually said that...

My current favorite is, "Things that upset a terrier will pass unnoticed by a Great Dane..." Smiley Blanton :P

• 3 weeks later...
If dogs don't go to heaven when they die, then I want to go where they went ~ author unknown

This is a quote from Will Rogers:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go

where they went."

Will Rogers, 1897-1935

How much does he weigh now?

He's 16 weeks and only about 45 pounds, but his bones are huge. He's been gaining about 4-5 pounds a week.

His dad is 170-180 IIRC, but I hope he doesn't get that big. We'll have him "fixed" at 6 months - maybe that will keep his weight down a little.

He's very fun and always happy.

Edited by chp5

We'll have him "fixed" at 6 months - maybe that will keep his weight down a little.

Yeah, until he turns 6 months old. :surprise:

Neal in AZ

Yeah - I feel for him, but the last thing I need is a 150+ pound horny dog in the house. He's already trying to get busy with a lab puppy that comes over sometimes - at 3 months old . . .

He tried it with our Corgi, but she bit him hard and he's moved on to easier targets :surprise:

Edited by chp5

Yeah - I feel for him, but the last thing I need is a 150+ pound horny dog in the house. He's already trying to get busy with a lab puppy that comes over sometimes - at 3 months old . . .

Realize that this is probably more a domination / pack-order thing. ;) At least, at this stage. You'll see female dogs doing it, too...

He tried it with our Corgi, but she bit him hard and he's moved on to easier targets :surprise:

So, we know who the pack leader is, for now, at least :D

How much does he weigh now?

He's 16 weeks and only about 45 pounds, but his bones are huge. He's been gaining about 4-5 pounds a week.

His dad is 170-180 IIRC, but I hope he doesn't get that big. We'll have him "fixed" at 6 months - maybe that will keep his weight down a little.

Just by the weight of the 'nuts' only. :surprise:

Just by the weight of the 'nuts' only. :surprise:

LOL! You don't think that will keep his weight down at all?

• 2 months later...

Just an update. Samson's growth is something out of science-fiction! We got him on Nov 2 - he was 12 pounds.

Just short of 4 months later, he's 83 pounds :surprise: He's just short of 6 months now.

Great dog! Our Corgi likes him most of the time . . .

img2874ki1.jpg

img2892ra5.jpg

Edited by chp5

Just an update. Samson's growth is something out of science-fiction! We got him on Nov 2 - he was 12 pounds.

Just short of 4 months later, he's 83 pounds :surprise: He's just short of 6 months now.

Great dog! Our Corgi likes him most of the time . . .

Gee, what a shame he doesn't seem to like people... :lol:

Do you find you need "dog clothes" - and a color-coordinated drool towel in every room like we do? :P

He sure is a gorgeous Dane...I love mantle merle's looks..!