Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6th Annual Western States Single Stack Championship

I have been doing some probing and the word is that the SS classifiers will be run with the rest of them in January. The entry for scores closes 10 Jan, as usual. The issue is the ETA for the January run is 15 January. So, we will probably not know what our classifications are (unless you have shot none -> U) until after the match.

Mr Horsman: How will you be handling the change of division status and will you be using the 2008 rulebook?

(Remember, you promised good weather!)

Later,

Chuck

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to Mike V. at Area 2 and he said the SS classifiers on record now will up load in Jan.......I see that Chris E. is here, and he is probably correct in that there will be a lot of unclassifed shooters.......with that being the case, I would like to see if USPSA will allow the current situtation of using the highest class on record (except open).....that is what we have been doing for the last two years.....I will let you all know as soon as I hear........

And Chuck, I said I ordered good weather.........I have to have an out if the weather sucks.....I can't promise......

See you in Jan.

I talked to Mike V. at Area 2 and he said the SS classifiers on record now will up load in Jan.......I see that Chris E. is here, and he is probably correct in that there will be a lot of unclassifed shooters.......with that being the case, I would like to see if USPSA will allow the current situtation of using the highest class on record (except open).....that is what we have been doing for the last two years.....I will let you all know as soon as I hear........

And Chuck, I said I ordered good weather.........I have to have an out if the weather sucks.....I can't promise......

See you in Jan.

That sounds like a reasonable request to make. I can't imagine there are many people who will wind up in a higher class in SS than whatever they're shooting now.

I personally, am a lowly "B" Class shooter and am happy to be there :devil:

On another note, did any of your "supper squaders" submit a squad list with your application? I noted I was/am a "supper squader" and part of the BE forum group.

WE need to make sure the squading gets done correctly!!!

I know that LadyinBlue had a list in This Thread

Post number 76# shows

Jim Lambert

Nanci Lambert

Cheryl Current

Rod Current

Jared Milinazzo

Damon Stanforth

Jay Townsend

Derrick Birdsall (pending time off)

Chris Bortelo (Black Bart!)

Carina Burns

Merlin Orr

Glenn Shelby

Dave Mertes

We need to get this done and confirmation.

What nobody wants to shoot with the 3 fat guys from Tactics? One of us is guaranteed to have food in his range bag.

Nobody wants to trip over your sandbags............sandbagger. HaHa! :goof:

Edited by jasmap

What nobody wants to shoot with the 3 fat guys from Tactics? One of us is guaranteed to have food in his range bag.

Nobody wants to trip over your sandbags............sandbagger. HaHa! :goof:

Jason, that hurt! Jason S and Larry might be sandbaggers, but me? c'mon i got lucky winning c class singlestack at Area II this year. I don't get to practice like team BP!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to shoot this match. I will have a friend of mine with me. This will be the first non-tuesday night steel he has ever shot. He is stoked. Will we get to see any stage designs before the match?

Will we get to see any stage designs before the match?

If you go to the range on Friday, you can see them. Steve didn't publish anything last year.

Enjoy the match!

Chuck

Chuck,

You not going to make it this year?

Neal in AZ

Will we get to see any stage designs before the match?

If you go to the range on Friday, you can see them. Steve didn't publish anything last year.

Enjoy the match!

Chuck

Chuck,

You not going to make it this year?

Neal in AZ

It has gone from no to maybe if my next eyeglasses experiment works out. During A2 I talked to the Decot guy (Robert) and he pointed out the error of my ways with my iron sights glasses. He told me how the focal length should be set somewhere between the sights and the targets. On a whim, I took my gun over to the eyedoc who made my last glasses and we used his lab glasses and picked out a lens setup that allows me to see more distance with my dominant eye. I will pick up the lens after next week's trip back east and go over to the indoor range and see how it works. If it seems reasonable, there is a high probability that I will try and go. I should know by next weekend.

Later,

Chuck

I said I ordered good weather.........I have to have an out if the weather sucks.....I can't promise......

It is 12 degrees here Steve, I'll take your sucky weather over ours :)

We are trying to convert a barn into a shooting shed so we can feel the guns when we shoot.

it is a good bet that the weather cannot be any worse that last year...........

All but one of the stages are complete............total round count will 229.......if I get a wild hair, I will add one popper and make it 230!

Steve

I sent my entry form back almost a month ago. Never go anything back. Not sure if I should start getting ready, or not. How can I check on that?

As it says here: http://www.riopractical.com/WSSSC/wsssc.htm

If you have any questions, or would like an entry form e-mailed to you, let me know.

Steve Horsman singlestack40@gmail.com

Steve's phone number is also on the application form.

You should be fine...

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

Steve,

Equipment rules question for you....sorry if it sounds like I'm splitting hairs.

The web page says "Magazine must fit flush with the bottom of the pistol. Magazine well’s are allowed. Ammunition must not extend past the grip frame of the pistol. Magazine base pads are also allowed."

That's got me a little confused...not always hard to do!

Assuming I've got a magwell on the gun, does the magazine floor plate have to be flush with the bottom of the magwell, or the bottom of the grip frame?

Can anything extend beyond the bottom of the magwell?

I'm asking because the 2008 USPSA rules don't address the topic. I've got a single stack with a deep Techwell on it and the magazines that work best are slightly longer than stock magazines (like .175" longer) and they have a pretty normal base pad. The ammunition doesn't extend past the bottom of the grip frame, it's just that they've built up the bottom of the mag a tad so a normal basepad will make it such that it's long enough for the magwell (and it will still fit the box). They're barely long enough and I can't see a competitive advantage, but don't want to get sent home because I don't understand the rules! Thanks,

I just got off the phone with Steve H. and he said to pass along that the match has been full since Monday.

On the rules question above, he said that the new USPSA rules will apply and as long as the gun and mag fit the box there's no problem. Something like Tripp's slightly extended mag body won't be a problem since it's no different than a longer mag pad. R,