Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best place to buy competition parts

mob

hey yall, first post, been looking on here for a while, has helped a lot.

my question is that im building a 24,34, and 35 and looking for parts but its lookin like im having to go to a few different places and it sucks because i am one that likes to go just to one place and one order

was looking for:

ISMI springs

wolf reduced striker springs

THE brass magwell

Tungsten recoil rod

JP mag release

ive been to CGR, GM, Brownells,glock worx and JP and none have all of the parts in stock or some parts are backordered, is there some site that would have all of them in one place and in stock?

thanks

i guess i may have to look at the cpswa site later on, on wolf i found the springs, but then i need the magwell, so i went to CGR and the heavy brass one is backordered, then i goto GM, and they really didnt have anything i was looking for, brownells i looked around on but didnt seem to have the best selection. topglock i have not looked at, but by the responses here in this thread should i avoid them?

I've ordered from topglock, glockmeister, cwpsa, mle, cgr, lone wolf, shooters connection and speed shooters int. Never had a problem with any of them.

As far as magwells, I have the dawson ice on my limited setup, but am liking the sjc magwell on my open gun better.

My only wish is that Shooters Connection would carry more Glock goodies. Compared to Chuck, everyone else ships by ox cart and don't know the meaning of communication. OK, Brownells ships nearly as fast, but when I outfitted my wife's G35 Limited gun, Brownells prices were way out of line compared to Lone Wolf and Top Glock. I didn't have any trouble with TG, both them and LW shipped by ox cart though.

When it comes to Competition Glock Parts the dealer that’s most knowledgeable is Matt at Custom Glock. For the widest selection of Glock factory and after market parts it’s a toss up between Lone Wolf and Brownells.

Regarding the posters comments about OX Cart shipping its been my experience that you can have items shipped by the aforementioned retailers using a faster means than an Ox Cart (I.e. UPS Ground, USPS First Class) the only caveat is that you have to pay more for the additional service.

ive got the brownells catalog from the shop with me, so i can get dealer pricing, but right now im still deciding on the magwell. i keep hearing about dawson precision, but im looking for the heavy brass magwell since im a big guy(6'5 325lbs), and really having trouble spending that much money on that little amount of metal. ive heard that dawson is the best, THE is a very good one, and i was seeing on here one called i think SJC or S&J magwell and they were saying that its pretty good for what it is

and as for my use, im building a competition glock just in case i ever want to go out and shoot, but its one of those, im not going to do this competitively (college, gun sales, too little time), i just like having hte option of having the nice equipment in the safe, sorta might corrolate that its like having a motorcycle in the garage, ya may not drive it every day, but that day that you do take it out it performs great.

I would recommend Lone Wolf. While one of my orders through them had some confusion involved, they've always been helpful and quick when contacted by phone.

I've also ordered numerous times from CGR (Custom Glock Racing) and have been nothing but thrilled.

madmike

Don't let Flex see that wish-list. <grin>

I've bought (and sold) an embarrassing amount of Glock accessories for the Glocks I have/had, and a couple things IMO, only:

Shooters Connection/Dawson/CPWSA are forum sponsors, so all things being equal....

The THE magwell is crude in comparison to either the Dawson magwell or SJC magwell. What's the difference in cost? A box of factory ammo??

I had bad luck with the THE full-length tungsten guide rod, probably the only one to buy, and ISMI springs. The rod developed some scoring issues, and the square-edged profile of the ISMI recoil spring coil would catch. Drove me crazy for months until I went with the Wolff spring.

I'm not sure about the ISMI springs, but if you buy a Wolff reduced power recoil spring, it will also come with a reduced power striker spring (which you'll come to hate, unless you lighten your striker).

so far i think im going to go with the parts from brownells, can anyone recomend a good stainless steel GR that they carry, i would go tungsten but ive heard too many rods snapping story to want to risk that much money for it to snap later on down teh road

Novaks has a great stainless guide rod, and if you have the Glock 34 or 35, they make it in an extended size, to fill the space! It sure does make it a lot easier to install the spring too.

Novaks Handgunner Outlet

Tom Novak can be difficult to get a hold of if there is a problem with your order via the website, but he is a great guy, and I will definately buy from him again!

When it comes to factory parts, I'll order from Glockparts again first. I've ordered from lonewolf, topglock, and a few others, and each time I got mediocre shipping speed, with pretty high prices. 2 weeks ago I ordered 14 items from glockparts, none of which were very large or heavy.

But I was still surprised to pay THREE DOLLARS for shipping.

Wow! That's, like, what it actually cost to ship! What a concept... And that's noticeably cheaper than most of the stock-Glock parts stores. I went and checked. I ordered 2 recoil assemblies, 2 followers, and 1 mag spring from Glockmeister a while back, and paid triple that for shipping. Whoops. Now I know better.

I've got sights on 2 of my guns from Custom Glock Racing. A Heinie race-cut / Dawson F.O. combo, and a set of all-black Sevignys on my carry gun. Very happy with his service, as well. :)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

When it comes to factory parts, I'll order from Glockparts again first. I've ordered from lonewolf, topglock, and a few others, and each time I got mediocre shipping speed, with pretty high prices. 2 weeks ago I ordered 14 items from glockparts, none of which were very large or heavy.

But I was still surprised to pay THREE DOLLARS for shipping.

Wow! That's, like, what it actually cost to ship! What a concept... And that's noticeably cheaper than most of the stock-Glock parts stores. I went and checked. I ordered 2 recoil assemblies, 2 followers, and 1 mag spring from Glockmeister a while back, and paid triple that for shipping. Whoops. Now I know better.

I've got sights on 2 of my guns from Custom Glock Racing. A Heinie race-cut / Dawson F.O. combo, and a set of all-black Sevignys on my carry gun. Very happy with his service, as well. :)

another + for Glockparts and his actual low costs.

Bud

• 1 month later...

Ive purchased from Glockmeister and quit shopping there. i bought a trigger reset kit for dry fire practice that doesnt work. Ive e-mailed them a couple times about it with no response. Not sure what the deal is.