Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greatest Gun Movie

J-Ho

I just watched it again. Probably the best "gun movie"

Way of the Gun

Get this. During a gunfight a mag goes in the singlestack and bang bang bang bang bang bang bang then.......................Oh may God!!!!! He had to reload!!!

Seriously this was one good movie. The gun handling was realistic. For you wheelgunners the revolver was even reloaded right. Not only were the gun scenes good but the rest was a damn good time as well. Get the DVD watch the commentaries. Apparently the director's brother is a Navy SEAL or some such. He hired him to make sure the gun scenes went well. For you like minded gun nerds, this is a good choice.

in The Way of the Gun, the shootout seens are great, their actual tactics are real.....but my favorite part of the movie is opening scene.....

CAUTION Lots of foul language.........I mean lots !!!!!!

+1 the opening is classic.

Great flick, funny how most of us judge movies by how well they handle guns :rolleyes:

Anyone notice the one handed reloads where the empty slided locked gun was held between the knees and fresh mag inserted?

I actually saw someone do this at a previous area 1.

Stage setup was 4 paper targets and i think 5 or 6 us poppers, Draw and engage either the paper or the steel freestyle, then perform a mandatory reload and engage the remaining array strong hand only. Someone ran his gun dry during the strong hand phase and had to do the aformentioned reload technique, the only difference was his gun did not lock back on an empty chamber so he had to rack the slide off his thigh. Never broke the 180 and didn't sweep himself, good stuff.

in The Way of the Gun, the shootout seens are great, their actual tactics are real.....but my favorite part of the movie is opening scene.....

CAUTION Lots of foul language.........I mean lots !!!!!!

I know it's a movie, and I don't tolerate beating on a woman, but DAYUM, she had it coming :surprise:

dj

I enjoy it every time I watch it. I like the gunhandling and pretty much everything about it, except Julitte's character. She is just pretty much irritating. I've liked her in a lot of roles, but this is her worst. And her second worst was in Romeo's Bleeding. But Gary Oldman makes up for her.

be

I have been tossing out DVD's of The Way of the Gun and other "Gun Flicks" as prizes at the close of my last 3 practical shotgun matches.

I have been surprised how many shooters had not a clue about this film.

I dig it and now they do too!

Patrick