Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peanuts anyone???

I actually found ANOTHER peanut in my purse on the drive home today! You BE'ers are wicked fun! I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Thank you to our esteemed virtual host for creating a place where we can discuss what we love, learn, and develop friendships.

Our squad (21) neglected to take a squad photo together. We had a rocking good time and everyone did their share of chores. I had a great time shooting with you all! Thanks to Robert and the ranch hands for a job well done. The stages were fun! I can't wait to try out my new dremel tool scored off the prize table! :devil:

All that's up on the USPSA sight is the results as of Saturday evening. There's nothing at all yet on the DoubleTap sight. Mostly what I'm wondering is who won A Production... whether I need to kick myself in the butt or treat myself to a beer.

Actually I need to kick myself one way or the other. Coming down from Vermont, where I've been shooting matches all winter in three feet of snow, I figured "how bad could it be in Texas?" The answer was, cold enough that I must have dropped 12-15 seconds over the course of the match trying to hit the mag release with my freezing fingers, because I was too dumb to bring enough warm clothes. Oh well, lesson learned... Other than that, I really enjoyed the match. And I have to say Robert Porter has got the friendliest bunch of R.O.s I've ever seen at a major match; it's clear everyone was doing there darnedest to make the whole match a great experience for the shooters. Bravo, guys!

The Texas Roadhouse was fun, too. I had dinner with four buddies there Thursday night, and while I doubt we had quite as much fun as whatever went on at the big BE gathering, it was still definitely a good time.

By the way... if anyone happened to find a tan 2006 Nationals windbreaker lying around at the range, it's mine and I'd love to have it back, and I'd be happy to pay postage.

Just in, and I think this was Porter's best effort yet, and I've shot each edition of the DTC!

Met lots of great forum folks and had a lot of fun shooting and working the match.

As much as my tired and muddled mind can remember:

Match HOA - Chris Tilley/Open

Open GM HOA - #1 - mind went blank! #2 - Murdock (?sp?) from Jamaca #3 Adam Popplewell (dogdoc)

Limited GM HOA - #1 - Manny Bragg, #2 - Dave Sevigny #3 mind blank

#1 GM - Mick Nelson (and he's freaking older than dirt!!! :goof: )

Production - #1 Yong Lee (sp?), #2 Stuart Wong, #3 mind blank - #4 Bryan Williams

Single Stack - #1 Phil Strader #2 Mike Seeklander #3 Erik Fuson

Edited to add - Xre took home a plaque as well, but I'll be damned if I remember for which place!

1st open overall was young master Shane Coley. watch out for this kid..he hooked it on demand..kept his head over a two day match..shot it no penalties...

2nd open overall is Lesgar Murdock, jr.

XRe pulled 1st open GM...

3rd production overall is Theo Carter (I'm pretty sure)

some cool things of the match..

The Cave

Adam Popplewell's comp shootin flames.

Watching Athena Lee haul the dummy downrange. or maybe it was her practice grabs.. :lol:

Watching some cool runs by Shane Coley

PS...Another great DTC match..have been to three of the four..each year this match is a hoot..can't wait till next year..

USPSA has this posted

Double Tap Champ 08

Double Tap Ranch

3/29/2008

Division Name USPSA Competitors

Limited Emanual Bragg L2426 126

Limited_10 Larry Houck L2585 22

Open Chris Tilley TY38861 117

Production Steve Speer TY26694 40

Single Stack Phil Strader FY31992 21

Total: 326

Had a great time!! even though I was badly sick on Saturday - the squad kept pushing me to stick it out! James Ong - that fast little bugger :P !!! Craig - stop talking to the top of my head!!! :D

The Texas Road house BEer's club was a blast with peanuts flying around and Don H getting hit with a roll of all things!! Priceless!!!

This match was allot of fun but squad 21 was just too much to handle - the RO's commented - You guys are something to fear!!

Photo Gallery and Video coming soon to this thread!!!

Kevin we did have a great squad. Everyone was upbeat, told good stories...I was lucky if I got one target to tape! Everyone would claim a target and the running joke, after the hits were called, was to tape someone else's target. I think one RO got annoyed with us 'cos he had to keep walking around so many people down range!!!

Craig picked the wrong day to wear his utili-kilt...Stage 1 "blew his cover." :blink::surprise: Thanks to James and Shred for running my camera. Now I finally have proof that I shoot. Thanks to Benny for helping my sickly six inch....Changed all my springs except the recoil spring...Two guesses what puked on the IPSC gods stage! It was a pleasure to watch Sam leave a trail of magazines....not so much fun for him to clean the Wichita fine dirt out of them every stage. Next year bring a cleaning crew! I'd gladly shoot with you all again. :cheers:

I was the RO on stage 7, bullets instead of worms! it was a fun match and most all of the shooters had great attitudes, they pasted, reset and move things along without too much barking from us. Now it's my turn to be sick, woke up this morning coughing ike a mad man. Can't wait till next year.

This was my first try at Double Tap and liked it....a lot :) even though I had a "roller coaster like" performance on the stages.

To squad 21 :D it was great to see those I met from before and it was great to meet new be'ers :cheers: finally got to put a face with the name.

Will make an effort to be there again next year :D

Aloha y'all,

Barry B)

Open GM HOA - #1 - mind went blank! #2 - Murdock (?sp?) from Jamaca #3 Adam Popplewell (dogdoc)

Shane Coley is the name you're missing, and its Lesgar Murdock. Both of these guys shot scores that should land them their GM cards ;)

Edited to add - Xre took home a plaque as well, but I'll be damned if I remember for which place!

Um... no he didn't. Robert Porter just can't read, and awarded it to him by mistake ;) James Ong beat me by 1 match point and is the proper owner of the accolades ;)

My son Brad just came in from the match and I think he said he finished 5th in open class and first in M class.

Larry

I noticed Brad's mommy wasn't there this year...?

Good job to Brad!

And to all of you who came through stage 1 without any DQs or procedurals...

A BIG THANKS for being so safe.

I had several including Manny who did a 4 legged crawl to get the gun after leaving the bed!

Antoine cut his hand pretty good but if that's the worst that's going to happen in 300+ shooters, we'll call it a good day.

My girlfriend (Linda, our scorekeeper) was impressed with all the neat people and the excellent gun handling.

Derrick did an excellent job and got to dance with one shooter who got a reshoot for doing the Texas two step!

I don't get the high Senior for awhile...I think Benny Hill was high old guy and a super senior at that!

oops, it is Allen H. who was high LTD Senior....

Thanks for all the hard work Robert!

I'm going to soak my feet for a week!

Edited by Mick

USPSA has this posted

Double Tap Champ 08

Double Tap Ranch

3/29/2008

Division Name USPSA Competitors

Limited Emanual Bragg L2426 126

Limited_10 Larry Houck L2585 22

Open Chris Tilley TY38861 117

Production Steve Speer TY26694 40

Single Stack Phil Strader FY31992 21

Total: 326

these results aren't complete.

lynn

I don't see where Robert posted them. He mentioned that he was having problems with his host ISP and couldn't upload scores to the double tap page. That's why the interims were on the "local" uspsa page. I'm sure he's working on it....Actually, if I were him, I might still be asleep in bed!

HA!!! Squad 21 rocked!! Think we taped targets almost as fast as James (Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon) Ong shoots. By my count, as a squad I think we took home 7 trophies...? Craig, Carina, Scott, James, Roy, Sam, and me. Think thats all of 'em, sorry if I missed someone.

Oh, yeah, that was me that popped Don with the roll. I was also part of the forward observing team for the tactical onion launcher, providing valuable aiming cues and the final "you are clear to fire" information. :rolleyes: The green beans, too. And about 4938 peanuts...

Jim, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The butter was meant for stingerjg. I was getting out of the booth to make my way over there and you just walked up and stuck out your hand. Bet you'll think twice about doing that again, huh? Did like the AR though.

We will be back next year. :cheers:

Thank you match staff, RO's, suport crew, scoring team, set-up and tear-down crew. You put on a helluva match.

Edited by ken hebert

How about a hats off to Robert and the match staff for what, by all opinions I've gathered, was the best Double Tap Championship that's been held?? :cheers: The match went off without an outwardly visible hitch, minus the chrono - AGAIN :lol:. No, Steve Speer didn't kill it this time, just scared the thing off entirely, I suppose.

Robert, this match is becoming the stuff of legends. Fine work, my man. I'm already looking forward to the match next year, which I'm sure will be just as good!

Yes! Thanks very much to Robert and the rest of the match staff! Thanks also to all the great shooters I had a chance to watch and learn from! This was my 1st ever big match and it really set the bar high for future matches! :cheers:

Trodrig (ThomasR)