Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Cars That You Wish You Still Had Today

In the Detroit area they have a Dream Cruise each year which attracts over a million people and vintage cars and hot rods from all over the country. While those type toys are clearly out of my budget range today... I couldn't help but think about some of the great cars I have owned when I looked at the Dream Cruise coverage on T. V.

What were the 3 or 4 great rides you had that you'd love to see back in your garage today?.

I'll start off by listing the 4 I really should have never sold.

1. A 1955 Chevy 2 door coupe. It had a 265 v-8 and a 3 speed trans. on the floor. The guy I sold it to turned it into a stock car and rolled it the first time he raced it :angry2: Now they're selling for $50K

2. My first new car was a 1964 Chevelle SS. This burgandy hardtop was one of the first in the mid-west delivered with a 327 engine and factory four speed---- It ate Mustangs like they were golf carts

3. A triple black (paint, interior, and windows) 1980 Corvette. It had the last of the high performance L-82 engines and loved to "chirp" the tires in all four gears. I moved to Houston and the Black Beast couldn't survive the heat

4. A 1984 Porsche 944 Turbo. Faster than the Vette and it got 30 mpg..... but not once you past by 140 on the speedo.

So there were my favorite rides ever.... What are yours??????

Edited by MichiganShootist

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 1964 Vette, 327/300, Marina blue, white top, blue interior, 4 speed bought it new out of HS...had been saving for 3 yrs to buy one...sold it when I wnt into the Army

2. 1968 Camaro SS, 396/375, Blue, white top, blue interior, 4 speed...paid cash for it when I got out of the Army..nice car and fast too

3. 1981 El Camino, dropped 383/400hp in it...TR350 tranny, 376 rear...metallic blue, Crager mags, very fast...sold it to send my oldest son to grad school.

4. 1966 Vette, bought it as a basket case in 2000 as therapy when I got divorced...complete resto, body off...done in Cal...marlboro maroon, black top, black interior..4 speed M22 Muncie, originally a 327/300 and replaced it with a 427/390hp...blew the #2 slug thru the pan when I lived in Kerrville acting a fool...replaced the engine with a crate 502 fuelie, dyno'ed 500hp at the rear wheels...sold it about 15 months ago...now building a 1968 Triumph Bonney...not a car but a fun project...

had another one...1963 VW bug with a 180 Hp corvair in it...lots of problems so put back the 40 hp kicker and sold the big motor to a guy with an airboat...there you have it..

All of them

My first car (non hand-me-down), 69 Corvette Couple I bought in 1981 when I was 17, 350 4-speed. I put a suspension kit, rebuilt the motor, new interior and paint. This car was stolen from me in the Bay Area and found in North Hollywood. My brother and I drove down crack of dawn on a Saturday to pick it up from the impound yard and drove it home. The coloum was broken and the wiring torn out so I had to hot wire it to get it home, the gas gauge was broken so I never passed a station on I-5 just in case and the light didn't work so the last hour in the dark was interesting. Good times.... looking back.

55 Chevy 210 2-dr Sedan. I bought as a project when I really wanted a 57. It was just an old drag racer and a shell only. I was planning a pro-street car when I found a 57 150 2dr sedan so quickly fixed it up to sell for profit. I put a 350/350 combo, swap meet seats, painted it in my garage (I still find old boxes in the attic with yellow paint dust on them), and it turned out pretty nice. I paid $200 for the shell, put an add in the local paper asking $6,500 and they lined up to buy it. I guess I under priced it.

57 2 door sedan Pro-Streeter. This was the car I sold the 55 to fund. Bought is as a running car and used some of the runnig gear to the get the above 55 on the street. When finished is was low, mean, 18.5 wide rear tires, 454 with a 6-71 blower doing about 800hp sticking out of the hood. It had power steering, disk brakes, power seats, lots of chrome, all the plumbing and wires hidden, it was really clean. When kids are on the way and money is tight the toys have to go. I wish I had that car now even though the pro-street deal is dead.

This 72 Vette was also nice

Edited by TMC

57 Corvette

56 Chevy Cameo Pickup

55 Chevy Bel-air 2 dr hardtop

65 Mustang

66 Ford Ranger 390

56 Ford F100 wide window

And not a car, but wish I still had it:

63 Harley panhead

At least as I get older my vision isn't degrading. My hindsight is still 20-20.

67 camaro SS convertable given to me by my dad in 1979 he got it new..I lost it in a divorce :angry2:

GT40 ford replica...stolen and sold by the next ex wife :angry2:

66 big block corvette...sold and built new garage <_<

1956 Nomad ..6-71 blown sbc...sold to pay bills after my dragboat crash :angry2:

How come I feel like I just got kicked in the @#$s???? :wacko:

Jim

67 camaro SS convertable given to me by my dad in 1979 he got it new..I lost it in a divorce :angry2:

1956 Nomad ..6-71 blown sbc...sold to pay bills after my dragboat crash :angry2:

Jim

You are Tim the Toolman Taylor hiding out on the BE forum....come on now, tell us you are.... :surprise:

Jim

You are Tim the Toolman Taylor hiding out on the BE forum....come on now, tell us you are.... :surprise:

NO...I am much better looking than him...choke hickup cough cough arh arh arh :goof:

I do confess I am a tool freak... :D

Jim

1971 Porsche 914. The three weeks out of the month it ran it was the most fun car I ever had. It ate a valve guide on a road trip and was blowing smoke so bad they wouldn't let me on the turnpike. One case of big V oil and some back roads we got home. Not only could you not read the rear lic plate, you couldn't tell where it was. Car wash and sale followed. :cheers:

<_< 1970 Dodge CUDA 340 six pack I had it bought for $1,800 in 1973 @ 16 I had earned the cash working construction I got a 1969 Corvette instead and have been in debt ever sense

I don't think I would have lived through the Cuda

After I got married I sold my '68 Camaro SS to a kid who's dad bought it for him....he lasted exactly 27 days and wrapped it around a telephone pole going over 1110mph...it can happen.. :unsure:

Ones I wish I had, but are now gone:

66 Chevy II (Nova), extensively modified and way too much time/money invested... sold it 'cause I was GETTIN' HITCHED :surprise:

66 Malibu, slightly less modified black primered sleeper, sold for same reason

89 HD Sportster 1200, again sold for same reason

Ones that are gone, good riddance

77 Pontiac Trans Am (a la Smokey & the Bandit)... what a piece of JUNK

The ones that I kept, thank God

69 Chevell SS 396 (actually a 402) :wub: ... my son will inherit this one

... and I kept the wife, she was/is worth it! :wub:

Ones that are gone, good riddance

77 Pontiac Trans Am (a la Smokey & the Bandit)... what a piece of JUNK

Seems synonymous with the model - if you look up POS in the dictionary, it has a picture of mine - it was so bad, in fact, that I traded it for a Colt Commander - and I got the winning end of THAT bargain... :sick: