Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Can someone with more experience in this level of event advise what a goal should be for pattern size relative to distance for shot and buck to be somewhat competitive? Should have asked this question sooner, I know.

TC

Will the warm up results be posted before the match? At the match? or after the match?

( of course I understand you have a crap load of things on your plate at the moment)

Everyone had until TODAY to turn in warm up match results. I am entering them into the computer & hope to post tomorrow

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

TC, it shouldnt actually matter as every target must be achieveable with a cylinder choked 24 inch barreled gun shooting a No. 7 birdshot 1oz load, so the pattern from this at distance against tight no shoots would be quite considerable, if the calibration gun cant shoot it then the target will be moved until it is achieveable prior to the match. The same rules also apply to Buckshot.

However how your gun patterns with different chokes and different bird / buck loads I would propose is pretty important.

A lot of guys stick with a Light Modified or Modified choke and just stick with the one throughout.

Edited by mike.45

Will the warm up results be posted before the match? At the match? or after the match?

( of course I understand you have a crap load of things on your plate at the moment)

Everyone had until TODAY to turn in warm up match results. I am entering them into the computer & hope to post tomorrow

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Sounds great.......the website still says results had to be in by July 10th which is what got me wondering what the process/schedule for them was. Not to worries........they are not near as important as the main match preparations.

If any one going has a taste for fine English ale im after an XL Benelli t-shirt in exchange for a few bottles :cheers:

Also some strong scrumpy cider to swap for Federal flight controll buck (not reduced recoil) buck ..... any takers :cheers::devil::sick::sick:

Edited by gunfighteruk

Since I make my own beer and cider....which is FAR superior to anything England has to offer, you will be on your own for shot...and beverages....and I know cause I have been over the pond on numerous occations! KurtM

Yeah??? and I saw Forrest Gump Moon Lyndon Johnson ( former president U.S.A. ) in a movie once and that doesn't make that real either! I will bring just a smidge of my cider for you to try...as Darby will have downed almost all the rest the days before and then you can measure D%$ks with me! Can't wait to meet you and I will check on Fed Flite Control full strength! But you can keep that fizzy dark water you English call beer! :cheers:

Yeah??? and I saw Forrest Gump Moon Lyndon Johnson ( former president U.S.A. ) in a movie once and that doesn't make that real either! I will bring just a smidge of my cider for you to try...as Darby will have downed almost all the rest the days before and then you can measure D%$ks with me! Can't wait to meet you and I will check on Fed Flite Control full strength! But you can keep that fizzy dark water you English call beer! :cheers:

Hey save some cider for me!

What's the LaRue made of ?? card or metal ??

Stages look good,thanks Linda for posting them.

Great service to post the stages in advance!

I am looking forward to see them in real, bit hard to imagine now at what distances clays and metals wil be.

Starting position according 8.2.2.2 is not what i often ran into at matches in (mainland) Europe so i was a bit surprised to see about 50% of the stages require this.

Just spend a few hours dry and live-fire practice on that starting position now.

Never had to shoot at a LaRue either!

On paper most shooting area's dont look big so maybe a few rounds will be loaded while standing.

All in all looking forward to accomplish to the best of my ability the offered challenges :D

See you all there :cheers:

Greetings

Adrie

Since I make my own beer and cider....which is FAR superior to anything England has to offer,...

Boy, is THAT ever a bold statement! Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout? McKewan's Scotch Ale? Pretty high standards to beat! :surprise:

What's the LaRue made of ?? card or metal ??

Stages look good,thanks Linda for posting them.

I am looking forward to see them in real, bit hard to imagine now at what distances clays and metals wil be.

Starting position according 8.2.2.2 is not what i often ran into at matches in (mainland) Europe so i was a bit surprised to see about 50% of the stages require this.

Just spend a few hours dry and live-fire practice on that starting position now.

On paper most shooting area's dont look big so maybe a few rounds will be loaded while standing.

All in all looking forward to accomplish to the best of my ability the offered challenges :D

Greetings

Adrie

[/quot

what is 8.2.2.2.2.2.2.

Greetings

Adrie

what is 8.2.2.2.2.2.2.

The IPSC Shotgun Rules are posted on the match website.

8.2.2 The competitor's posture prior to the commencement of the stage will as specified in the written stage

briefing. It will be one of the options as described in Rules 8.2.2.1, 8.2.2.2 or 8.2.2.3, and subject to the

other conditions below:

8.2.2.1 Standing erect and relaxed, with the shotgun in the ready condition held in both hands, stock

touching the competitor at hip level, trigger guard downwards, muzzle pointing downrange and

with the fingers outside the trigger guard.

8.2.2.2 Standing erect and relaxed with the shotgun in the ready condition held naturally in the strong

hand only, barrel parallel to the ground, trigger guard downwards, muzzle pointing downrange

with fingers outside the trigger guard and weak hand hanging naturally at the side.

8.2.2.3 An alternative starting position as stated in the written stage briefing

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

I shot some practice on this 3 shot setup starting with empty gun as described in 8.2.2.2 post-14685-12795123409_thumb.jpg What would be a good time for this? I started around 10 s. Loading 4, open bolt. Shoot popper, shoot left plate without hitting right plate, shoot flying clay. 17 yds.

Edited by Jadeslade

:cheers: Does anyone know where the results from the match are posted. I am curious to see where I finished.

They won't be posted for another 2 weeks because the match hasn't been shot yet. This is the PanAm thread not the ProAm thread.

Edited by jtischauser

I shot some practice on this 3 shot setup starting with empty gun as described in 8.2.2.2 post-14685-12795123409_thumb.jpg What would be a good time for this? I started around 10 s. Loading 4, open bolt. Shoot popper, shoot left plate without hitting right plate, shoot flying clay. 17 yds.

What is the distance towards the popper and plates? 15 yards?

If so i would estimate the timegap between your first shot at the popper and your 3rd and last shot at the clay is somewhere between 1.3 and 1.9 seconds.

So what time you need for your first shot after loading 4, starting with and empty gun in your strong hand only?

With my pumpaction 4 seconds is a good time.

So topshooters should be able to do the drill way under 6 seconds.

Nice drill in which fast loading doesnt bring you much if you arent able to switch from a fast shot on the popper to a well aimed shot at the the plate and make the transition to the flying target.

Greetings

Adrie

What is the distance towards the popper and plates? 15 yards?

If so i would estimate the timegap between your first shot at the popper and your 3rd and last shot at the clay is somewhere between 1.3 and 1.9 seconds.

So what time you need for your first shot after loading 4, starting with and empty gun in your strong hand only?

With my pumpaction 4 seconds is a good time.

So topshooters should be able to do the drill way under 6 seconds.

Nice drill in which fast loading doesnt bring you much if you arent able to switch from a fast shot on the popper to a well aimed shot at the the plate and make the transition to the flying target.

Greetings

Adrie

17yds. Thanks. Just trying to get a feel for this start position. I watched your video where you start empty gun, then shoot 5. Load one, then 2 +2. That gave me the idea to do this. In this one, Load one, then 3. If this is the start for 50% of the stages, this getting the gun loaded is crucial. I have a Benelli M1 so I started going over the top for first shell, then mounting the gun and putting the next 3 in. My fastest yesterday was 7.5s. Thanks for the numbers.