Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Ukraine has some organization. I couldn't get anybody really interested in doing this warmup match-"gotta train up hard", "workin' on my transitions, man ", "not ready yet", "a postal match?". Whatever. Getting match buzz-as usual. I love shooting matches. Gonna be hot humid and thunderstormy-kind of like everyday where I live.

william, a good time would be under 4 seconds.

trapr

wow-not sure how to get there-going to range right now-maybe I can video . thanks. When you load an empty gun like in 8.2.2-do you take one off and load the chamber, then grab 3 or four and load magazine?, or do you grab 4 and drop one in and then load? I am dropping when I grab 4 to load an empty gun. Thanks.

Stop by the Velocity Shooter Booth and check out the Salient Competition Benelli!

We will have some on hand for sale and taking orders for the next batch that are due in 2 weeks!!!

We will be there all Friday, Sat and Leaving Sun afternoon.

Thanks

T-VS

I shot this yesterday at 30 yards on three static with a no shoot using a pump and consistently went from 5.15 to 5.35. Grab four, load one over the top, close action, then three in magazine. I don't think the distance was really relevant to the times though. That is just where the little bit of shade on the range happened to be. Trapr, I really want to see this done in under four. I'm not doubting you. I just think it would be fun to watch!

Breaking my thumbs is a little harsh......having me hung over every day would probably help out more :cheers:

This is going to be a really fun trip! I can't wait to shoot with some of our International Brethren! This will be my first International Competition for anything, and am really looking forward to it!

Thanks for the postal results Linda.

Obviously we need to look at breaking Craig's thumbs before next week.

Speaking of which.......WOOO HOOO only one more week before we leave!

-

I hope you locals are going to be wearing some thing appropriate like Team America movie uniforms :)

I hope that the visitors are wearing something appropriate too....like DEET.

Yeah,

though we experience a real hot summer at the moment (for european standards)

the heat and bugs in KE will be a big challenge too in this match.

I shot this yesterday at 30 yards

30 yards, at no-shoots, with birdshot?

For me the distance would matter when i look at the picture and considering the rigth plate a no-shoot target.

Those plates look real close to eachother and from 30 yards i wouldnt rush a shot there.

With a Benelli pump i would prefer to load 4 in the tube and rack the gun while i bring it up.

If this is the start for 50% of the stages, this getting the gun loaded is crucial. I have a Benelli M1 so I started going over the top for first shell, then mounting the gun and putting the next 3 in. My fastest yesterday was 7.5s. Thanks for the numbers.

As mentioned, dont mix up the shooter ready position and the gun ready position.

Take a look at the rulebook

section 8.1 deals with the different Shotgun Ready Conditions

section 8.2 deals with the different Competitor Ready Condition

50% of the published stages demand a start holding the gun with strong hand only (as in 8.2.2.2)

But only 2 out of the 30 stages will be with the gun totaly empty (as in 8.1.1.3 = option 3)

IMHO there could be served a litle bit more option 3 as described in the rule book (competitors choice action/bolt be open or closed)

Greetings

Adrie

IMHO there could be served a litle bit more option 3 as described in the rule book (competitors choice action/bolt be open or closed)

Greetings

Adrie

Maybe there should be a 4th option which demands you start by opening safe one and taking out half the gun, then goiing to safe two and taking out the other half of the gun, assembling gun, taking off the trigger lock, loading gun, and then engaging targets. If that had been in the rule book and if Larry had designed a stage like that, it would be entitled "Washington DC"

I hope you locals are going to be wearing some thing appropriate like Team America movie uniforms :)

TechwearUSA has designed & is making the USA Team shirts (for the members of the 4 official US teams). I am certain "red, white & blue" will figure in the design, but I am not so sure about "Team America" uniforms ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

2010 IPSC PanAm Shotgun Championship

I hope that the visitors are wearing something appropriate too....like DEET.

Yeah,

though we experience a real hot summer at the moment (for european standards)

the heat and bugs in KE will be a big challenge too in this match.

Please check out the website of this bug repellent manufacturer: http://www.bugband.net/bugband-store-towelettes.php

In EVERY shooter bag we will have 2 packages of the towelette foil packs (with 2 applications) - enough for the 4 days of shooting. Lower on that page is the pop-up tub of 40 towelettes (which will be in the staff lounge). I ordered 10 tubs (400 towelettes) which should cover the staff for set-up as well as the match.

I'm trying to remove the excuse that "I would have done so much better on that stage but was distracted by the bugs. . ."

:devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Breaking my thumbs is a little harsh......having me hung over every day would probably help out more :cheers:

This is going to be a really fun trip! I can't wait to shoot with some of our International Brethren! This will be my first International Competition for anything, and am really looking forward to it!

Thanks for the postal results Linda.

Obviously we need to look at breaking Craig's thumbs before next week.

Speaking of which.......WOOO HOOO only one more week before we leave!

-

Wouldn't it be easier to just form "Team Canada" and shoot for a medal?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

In EVERY shooter bag we will have 2 packages of the towelette foil packs (with 2 applications) - enough for the 4 days of shooting. Lower on that page is the pop-up tub of 40 towelettes (which will be in the staff lounge). I ordered 10 tubs (400 towelettes) which should cover the staff for set-up as well as the match.

Bugband is a product that works and they support our sport. When I was there in the spring for the Blue Ridge we used it and it worked well without the nasty smell often associated with other products. But I did not taste it..... :blink:

Bugband is a product that works and they support our sport. When I was there in the spring for the Blue Ridge we used it and it worked well without the nasty smell often associated with other products. But I did not taste it..... :blink:

It does NOT contain DEET. Also, Rockcastle sells the actual BugBands (wristbands) and spray, for those who want added coverage.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Anybody coming up from Nashville airport on the 28th. I am flying in and meeting my party at the range and will travel with them form there on. Would like to catch a ride from someone if possible. Will be ariving there about 2:00 1:30PM. I will not have full gear so only need room for 1 bag and a back pack.