Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 REVOLVER NATIONALS - Match Underway

dirtypool40

Just punched out on the time clock! :cheers:

We can see from the above posters, and I talked to Danbagger who falls into the same catagorie as the other 3, that some folks have been taking half days off (at least) and practicing or soemthing in that order !!!! <_<

I'm told from a little birdie that J-bag has had the entire month of August off and was practicing 8 hrs a day 7 days a week ?????? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

In the mean time, most of us have to WORK, and can't do that practice stuff. :angry2:

Any way, I'll pack tonight and head out in the morning pick up Chad and see you guys Sat PM or Sun AM.

Hopalong

Arrived safely in spite of the Arkansas and Oklahoma drivers who seem to feel that if the speed limit is 70, that means drive 90. Drove through off and on rain all day yesterday and much of this morning.

Match hotel seems ok, haven't checked out the bar yet or the restarant (sp?). Heading out to find the range in a few and hopefully someplace good to eat.

Saw lots of USPSA stickers on bumpers in the parking lot.

Looking forward to that first shot tomorrow.

One wake-up away.

Good luck to Keith and Dan :cheers: ...........I'd wish good luck to Carmoney but since he never comps me free beers or meals like some wheelgunners I know................ok ok.....good luck to the man from Iowa too

Edited by Truegent2004

Well MichaelS and I arrived at 5:30. MichaelS has never fully experienced the "sauna" atmosphere of OK. To put it lightly, he's just a little irked :D I keep telling him, "Just like Hawaii but without the native women in grass skirts". Anyway, see you allin the am. This should be a fun, if a little "wet" match.

Well the first days shooting is done and while I'm not crazy about my scores, I have no Mikes, No-Shoots or other penalties.

After Stage 18, 1, and 2 I am down 11 points. Range is still pretty wet, but the sun was shining all afternoon and a good breeze blowing most of the time. Many areas in the parking areas and registration/vendor areas are almost dried out.

No idea how the other wheel-gunners are doing, since it's just me a Hopalong in our squad. Maybe they will put up some scores tonight.

Glad to have those first stage jitters out of the way. :D

Started at Chrono: PF=169.5

My first nationals, my first real stage and get to be the FIRST SHOOTER!! Stage 10: Hate Drop Turners. Big time jitters!!! The plan: to leave the turners. Out of the car, first target 2A, quick index to the steel: Bang-Ding... cool! Now I'm getting cocky and two quick shots at the second target at about 15yds. TOO FAST. Got a no shoot, didn't call the shot and didn't see it. Oh well... tomorrow its another day and another match.

I'm very excited to be here!

ETA: Many good A-class shooters in Squad10, The A-Team. W.Mitty, Bubber, SargenV, Professor, SLFLR, Jim Carr, Tom Mainus and Jay C. Wow! I want back to B-class! ;)

Edited by Nemo

right now, I don't think that anybody has taken the time to go to the score board and see how we all stand (other than in mud all day) Other than Jerry, it seems to be a "he who screws up the least" for the rest of us. I'm off to the store to buy a new pair of boots. Tomarrow we start the high points stages, maybe we'll all have better luck, and have all the mikes and no shoots out of our systems.

I seem to be dropping about 6 points on every stage, except 17, in which I think I dropped a NS and like 6 or 8 C's @ minor. I did manage to drop no points on 18 to finish it clean and about 17.65 secs. My feet were actually dry till stage 18, then I sank in and got a shoefull. It's been a pretty good match for me, I feel pretty good. There really are not any difficult stages here, not too technical, just like someone else said, it's a battle of who screws up the least.

Third days shooting is over and it was a lot better today than yesterday. Sun was shining, skies clear and a light breeze. Muddy around some of the targets when pasting, but shooting areas appeared to be relatively dry on the stages we shot. So far except for two NS and a Mike I am having one of my better matches. Don't think it will be good enough to win anything, but for me it will be a personal best. So far out of 1585 available points, I have gotten 1500. Only drawback is that you could time me with an hour-glass. :P:D:lol:

Squad 18 is awesome. Sam, Chad, Rodney, Mark, Odie, Albert, Shawn, Justin, Jack, Mike are all great guys to shoot with. I don't think I could have done as well without their support. Thank you all. :cheers: