Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 REVOLVER NATIONALS - Match Underway

dirtypool40

Having a blast, with 39 of us here. The mud has mostly firmed up, although some of the stages are still pretty soggy.

The stage designers have avoided handing us too many stages with odd (non six-round) shooting positions. Lots of fun, but that goes without saying.

According to the stats, Sam is winning. But that is with half of Jerry's scores still not posted. He continues to amaze, although I have extended my streak of beating him on at least one stage in a match. It gets harder all the time.

I personaly seem to be all over the place. Depending on number of point stages and all, the shorter ones tend to be to my linking with the longer ones I'm taking too much time on. I have a couple of top 10 finishes, but nothing in general to write home about. I'm probably going to finish about where I should. Somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Having a blast, with 39 of us here. The mud has mostly firmed up, although some of the stages are still pretty soggy.

The stage designers have avoided handing us too many stages with odd (non six-round) shooting positions. Lots of fun, but that goes without saying.

According to the stats, Sam is winning. But that is with half of Jerry's scores still not posted. He continues to amaze, although I have extended my streak of beating him on at least one stage in a match. It gets harder all the time.

After looking at Jerry's results, beating him on ANY stage deserves congrats, so congrats! Well done!

Just got back home last night.

While this was by far the best field of wheelgunners I have seen in my 3 USPSA Nationals, Jerry really stepped it up and shot a terrific match. I have little doubt that his "close match" last year inspired him to redouble his match preparation; and it showed.

My Fun-O-Meter™ pegged a little early last night and I bugged out before the awards and other festivities concluded, but I had a great time with a great squad. It was a real hoot to put faces with the names of people I felt I already knew. Although it was a little awkward for me trying to call other forum members by some "assumed name" that just happened to be printed on their nametags. :huh:

I am proud to have been a part of a record setting year for the division. :cheers:

I had a great time at the Revovler and others Nataionals. Met Nemo, Professor, and the rest. While I did not shoot well it was not my equipment that held me back, well maybe my brain was in park for a few stages. :unsure: I was lucky that they did not kick me out of the A team. later rdd

I had a great time at the Revovler and others Nataionals. Met Nemo, Professor, and the rest. While I did not shoot well it was not my equipment that held me back, well maybe my brain was in park for a few stages. :unsure: I was lucky that they did not kick me out of the A team. later rdd

Bubber.

What gun did you shoot (minor)?

How did the new speedloader holders work?

Thanks.

Bubber.

Thanks.

TxD, I shot my L frame in 38 special, minor. The holders worked great. Usually when I sit down wearing my old holders the speedloaders would twist to the side or release the ammo. The ones that I used at the match kept the speedloader upright and locked in. And they came out easily when needed. I am going to do the math to see what I lost shooting minor. Raw point score looks like it is about 1.9% less. Which I think is minimal.

TxD, I shot my L frame in 38 special, minor. The holders worked great. Usually when I sit down wearing my old holders the speedloaders would twist to the side or release the ammo. The ones that I used at the match kept the speedloader upright and locked in. And they came out easily when needed. I am going to do the math to see what I lost shooting minor. Raw point score looks like it is about 1.9% less. Which I think is minimal.

So what were these new speedloader holders? One of the North Mountain rigs?

So what were these new speedloader holders? One of the North Mountain rigs?

ima45dv8, The holders are for the Safariland Comp III's. When attached to a belt the handles and springs stick above the belt and my belly pushes against the holders when squatting or sitting. They were designed for the IDPA game but work well <I thiink> for USPSA also

Bubber.

Thanks.

By scoring the hits that I got as major and factoring it to hit factors and converting it to stage points I gained 20 total Match points which is 1.83 percent.

points Minor additonal points Major

1137.1993 20.81653451

Difference

1.83%

As I only baubled two reloads with movement for the match, time would not be a factor.

Why can't I bring up the national results? I'm going to the USPSA web site, clicking on the members, then on major matches, nothing! Its showing the single stack results, also the L10 & open nationals, nothing on revolver, production or limited. Need a little help here!! Thanks,

Dick

Why can't I bring up the national results? I'm going to the USPSA web site, clicking on the members, then on major matches, nothing! Its showing the single stack results, also the L10 & open nationals, nothing on revolver, production or limited. Need a little help here!! Thanks,

Dick

Standard USPSA home page. Second button on the left. Match schedule & results. Major match results. Scroll down about 4th from the bottom.

The Big Story was the race for High Master and 2nd Place. It boiled down to Mike Carmoney and John Bagakis, they went into the final day in a dead heat seperated by something like .5 points.

The first stage had one with better points and one with a better time, but both doing well.

The second stage hammered them both. John was first thru and dropped the ball, took too long and didn't like his points.

Mike's an experienced Bowling Pin competitor but fairly new to IPSC, got off of his game plan and proceeded to kick the ball back to John.

John never gave it back up and went into ICORE mode for the last stage and held on to win. Mike burned thru the last stage but the damage was done and he had to settle for third place. If the Procedural Penalties on Mr. StrongHand had been realistic and Mike hadn't Zeroed that stage, it would have been a different ending.

Oh Well it was a grand time, everyone on Squad 9 worked diligently and our squad Mom the gracsious Bonnie Carden (Dan's better half) kept us rolling and took a big load of our backs. The Revo Super Squad 9 was averaging 20-25 minutes a stage and seemed a model of organization. My hats off to all.

For those Revo's out there who couldn't make it, beg/borrow or steal a slot for next year it's worth it. The atmosphere and comradarie was reminescent of the late 80's Area Matches, and that was a golden era in IPSC. It will slip thru our fingers all too soon, so we need to enjoy it for as long as we can.

Dave

I told Professor that I wondered how it would've been for me if I didn't zeroed stage 2. He replied with this:

Hope your trip back home was uneventful... or at least less eventful than mine [see benos forum].

I took a look at your Nats scores, and reconstructed your totals with a representative score for the Stepping Over Hurdles stage.

You scored 1019.7991 for the match, which included the zero on Stage 2 [stepping Over Hurdles] which is a 125 point stage.

There are a total of 1885 points available at the match [377 rounds @ 5 pts], or 1760 points without Stage 2.

So I compute your match performance without that stage is 1019.7991/1760 = 57.9431% [relative to the max points available, NOT relative to the stage winning scores]. Using this match performance of 57.9431%, you would have scored 72.4283 on Stage 2, for a hypothetical total of 1092.2274 for the match.

This would put you at [1092.2274/1854.9988 = ] 58.8803% relative to Jerry. With this for a final score, you would have finished 25th over all, and done 4 places better. But, Jim Carr would be "last A", and you would have passed up 3 "B" class shooters as well: Richard Timberlake, Annette Aysen, and Dean Gomez.

Any other scoring questions, just ask the professor. :rolleyes:

What does that mean? That I still would've sucked.

Thanks Dr. Penkala!

B)

I told Professor that I wondered how it would've been for me if I didn't zeroed stage 2. He replied with this:

[snip]

Any other scoring questions, just ask the professor. :rolleyes:

What does that mean? That I still would've sucked.

Thanks Dr. Penkala!

B)

Hey, you're half as good as the best Action Pistol Revolver Shooter that has ever participated in the sport. That's a long way from "sucking" at revolver.

You could probably cross the property line to the East of USSA and outshoot 95% of the professionals over there even if they keep their bottom feeders. So don't lose perspective.

Would I like to be half the golfer Tiger Woods is?

Half the Boxer Muhammed Ali was (in his prime)?

Half as rich as Bill Gates?

I work full-time, keep up 5 houses, 4 cars, 1 Wife, 1 Teenage Daughter, an old bird dog, my local ICORE program, too many other things to list *and* I don't remember the last time I went out to just "practice". Many of us have similar stories to tell.

If somebody asks how "good I am" I just say I'm a little more than half as good as the best there is in the world...and I beat him on stage 18!! :goof:

It's tough to take a licking, but winning doesn't make me a better shooter quite like losing does. I've been shown I have work to do. :P

Without trying to quote several previous posters, just let me say that this was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I got to meet a lot of new people that I previously only knew from forum names, and at the same time see alot of folks that I usually only see once a year at most when they show up for the MS Classic. At the same time I got to shoot with some of the best shooters in the country and by far the nicest (sp) folks in the country. Everything else was just icing on the cake. I enjoyed all the stages, even the ones I did not do well on and a big bonus was watching Rodney May start breathing hard and get all excited everytime the hostesses came by to see if anyone needed a drink. (Insert bull pawing the ground with heavy breathing and drool) :lol:

I don't know if I will be able to swing the time off or the money for next years nationals, but you can bet I will be trying.

The only drawback for me was not getting to see most of the other wheel-gunners shoot, since we were on the same time rotation.

It was a great match, and I think Kelly, Troy and John deserve a big thank you for being the moving force behind it all.

THANKS.

Had a blast with everyone, and as always I learned an incredible amount. Now I only have a year to get it worked into my subconcious. Fantastic to meet so many who were only avatars before.

Muzzlecontrol01.jpg

Didn't get home until almost midnight. While going through the Lake of the Ozarks they were having a HUGE bike rally with thousands of bikes so I pulled over for 3-4 hours. Since I wasn't going to make it home by dark I played tourist along the way and saw some great stuff following Route 66.

WebMcDonaldsBike01.jpg

You guys are all my heros.

[

By scoring the hits that I got as major and factoring it to hit factors and converting it to stage points I gained 20 total Match points which is 1.83 percent.

points Minor additonal points Major

1137.1993 20.81653451

Difference

1.83%

As I only baubled two reloads with movement for the match, time would not be a factor.

I was really thinking about this today as I practiced with minor loads in my 686. I love the way the gun shoots and was thinking for 1.83% not only could I keep shooting a gun I like but I could use the money I would spend setting up a 625 on ammo and classes.

But then on the way home I thought about something we might be missing in the equation. We are assuming that the time to shoot all the COFs and the hits would be identical shooting major which, at least for me, would not be the case so perhaps by the time I factored in the extra time and/or (probably and) worse hits the difference would be more significant.

Still definitely something to think about though. Maybe someone who shoots both could run a couple COFs using both major and minor loads for a more definitive comparison. I know different folks will get different results but probably a bit more direct of a comparison.

Well if anyone is interested I'll add my little tid-bit of info.

This was the least prepared for any major match that I have ever attended and it showed (times and score on targets were off)

I can't remember ever having so many "weird" things happen to me at one match. 2 reshoots, trying to get started on 1 stage 3 different times, several other things shooting and non shooting related.

for the most part it was a fun match though, watching Rodney was a bonus in itself.

Hopalong

Pat's first Nationals and he comes home "C" class champion.

Way to go, Pat

post-473-1189824136.jpg

dj

Dennis, Thanks for the picture, (I didn't think to bring my own camera) :D and the kind words, they mean a lot, but you should be careful about posting that picture. It could probably be used to scare dogs and small children. :surprise::lol:

Come see us next month for the ICORE Cup match. Details on the match announcement thread.

Thanks again.

PAT