Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2008

The application for the 2008 Florida Open is up on the website here: http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/flopen2008.PDF

If you are a foreign competitor, and need the BATF Forms, you can get the complete version here:http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/register.html

The match web site with general information, including lodging and directions can be found here:http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/main.html

Hope to see you all in February!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got mine in a while back and just received my confirmation. Always look forward to going to FL for a couple of days in the middle of our NH winters!

Leo, any chance the FL Open will go to online squadding? Is there a way to do this with the new shooting schedule on Sat/Sun?

I am told that online squading will not happen this year. It might be a consideration for next year, but there are already a significant number of changes that are being instituted this year and they are not comfortable changing too many things at a time.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Leo

ok, being from MD is this one of those matches that I need to experience?

Yeah, it is definitely one of the very best matches of the year. February in Maryland sucks so come on down and enjoy some sunshine and some of the most challenging stages you'll ever shoot.

I am already registered and this is by far the best match of the year. ( as long as the weather isn't like last year!!!! :)

Ain't that the truth! Went from NH in the North to NH in the South, but still a great match!

Marked off on my 2008 schedule, great match!! NOT one to miss!

Single stack again for me.

Any other Single Stackers?

Not I -- you live in Florida, but even from a state as close as NC, the Florida Open is a fairly major expense with entry fee/travel/hotel....It's an incredible match, and I'm going to try to make it 3 years in a row, but I don't want to spend all that money and just shoot against like 3 other people. <shrug>

It's a horses-for-courses kinda thing. IMHO, it's an Open/Limited gun match.

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea if Friday slots are still available? Flights on Southwest are 208 round trip to Tampa right now but I can't do Sat/Sun.

Thanks

Bruce

Bruce,

I would expect plenty of room on Friday at this point. The application has only been out a few days and it is a large match. As we get closer, all bets are off.

Leo

Edited by L9X25

Jack,

There have been a lot of things happening with the match and a lot of changes we discussed are in effect.

I honestly did not think of the Junior's discount when the application was being updated since there was nothing already there to remind me of it.

However, there IS a Junior discount!

Juniors will shoot for $100 with a paying adult.

Leo

The entry form does not reflect a Juniors discount. Weren't Juniors going to be given a discount this year?

Jack,

There have been a lot of things happening with the match and a lot of changes we discussed are in effect.

I honestly did not think of the Junior's discount when the application was being updated since there was nothing already there to remind me of it.

However, there IS a Junior discount!

Juniors will shoot for $100 with a paying adult.

Leo

The entry form does not reflect a Juniors discount. Weren't Juniors going to be given a discount this year?

Leo,

Music to my ears! Thanks! The app is on the way!

Jack

That sounds like a pretty good plan to me. I shot all day Friday last year because I couldn't stand the fifty minute breaks between each stage on Sat/Sun. My Type A personality liked the fast pace but I was dog tired by the end of the day. This new format looks a lot better. It should help me maintain my concentration as well.

I'll probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Sebring. What about you guys?