Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Would You Take?

M1A and STI in .40

It would be a heartbreaker not to have one of my singlestack .45s, but I think the round count of the .40 would make up for it.

Which M1A ?? squad or full size ?? HMMMMMMMMMMM ?

Squad, let's go !

Edited by nm3gnr

Handgun: SVI Double stack .40 - reliable as gravity and lots of mag capacity.

Rifle: CTR-02 with EOTech. - Just the thing for crowd control at close to medium range.

I'd also be tempted to sling my .270 Browning A-bolt and a box or two of shells for those not-so-close encounters.

Might also think about the USAS-12 combat shotgun and 20 round drum with slugs and buckshot.

(For those days when I'm just in a bad mood). :angry2:

Tls

Edited by 38superman

Having learned my lesson during Katrina my bugout guns are my Springfield SS in .45 and the Rem 870 with extended mag.

Between slugs, buckshot, and birdshot the 870 can take care of the Martian zombies and put food on the table. I hear Martian zombie gumbo is pretty good. A little gamey but nothing that hot sauce can't fix. And if it's Friday, piranha filets on the grill don't sound too bad.

On a more serious note. If you do prepare for a bugout, stockpile what you're going to bring now. When Katrina hit the ammo shelves were cleaned out and you couldn't find a 9mm, .40, .45, .223, .308, or a buckshot load anywhere.

I am shocked!, Shocked I say. That more of you are ignoring the nobel M1 Garand. The standard infantry arm of the last war we really WON! (Kicked a-- and took names kind of win) Not to mention, that it does not have allll the evil "Assault Weapon" features. Everyone should have at least 1 Garand. Heck, it's even better that you can buy them from the "government" :P

I am shocked!, Shocked I say. That more of you are ignoring the nobel M1 Garand. The standard infantry arm of the last war we really WON! (Kicked a-- and took names kind of win) Not to mention, that it does not have allll the evil "Assault Weapon" features. Everyone should have at least 1 Garand. Heck, it's even better that you can buy them from the "government" :P

Come on Danny,

When did you last bring one to 3 gun?

I never remember one at the Miller!

see you tomorrow!

I'm glad everyone else is bringing goofy-ass calibers, because I plan to bring whatever guns happen to be in the same caliber as my (soon to be former) oppressors. Carrying 1000 rounds of ammo seems like a great idea right up until you actually do it.

I'm glad everyone else is bringing goofy-ass calibers, because I plan to bring whatever guns happen to be in the same caliber as my (soon to be former) oppressors. Carrying 1000 rounds of ammo seems like a great idea right up until you actually do it.

That's one of the reasons I chose .22 and 9mm. They are usually readily available and relatively light.

FWIW

dj

Come on Danny,

When did you last bring one to 3 gun?

I never remember one at the Miller!

see you tomorrow!

John,

Games and survival are different. I remember Pete Goloski shooting irons on some of my weird rifle matches. I think someone shoots a Garand at Harvard's rifle matches.

this one's easy-

model 1100

stack of claymores

My 686 revolver,fewer breakdowms than my 1911.My M1A1 national match 308,just because it's the only long gun I own

I've never had a 1911 break down with a 1911 that couldn't be easily fixed. I don't shoot a lot of revolver, but even with the amount I do, I managed to break the hammer pivot pin and trigger pivot pin in my 686 - both repairs that can't be done in the field.

this one's easy-

model 1100

stack of claymores

My 686 revolver,fewer breakdowms than my 1911.My M1A1 national match 308,just because it's the only long gun I own

I've never had a 1911 break down with a 1911 that couldn't be easily fixed. I don't shoot a lot of revolver, but even with the amount I do, I managed to break the hammer pivot pin and trigger pivot pin in my 686 - both repairs that can't be done in the field.

I had a barrel bushing break once. Easy enough to fix I guess If you have a guidrod plug, spring, and barrel bushing handy. :ph34r::ph34r: