Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stupid Gun laws

SA Friday

I cannot fathom the amount of stupidity it took for one to believe that a waiting period on a gun purchase is anything but an annoyance for the purchaser. There is no benefit or safety advantage with this type of law. It will not stop a second degree homicide, an impuse murder, or any other type of gun crime. It does not take extra time for any law enforcement agency to determine if the purchasure is committing a crime or not. It does not assist in determining if the person can legally make the purchase or not. The ONLY thing it does is PISS ME OFF.

I would like to personally meet the asshat in MD that thought it was a good idea to pass a law making me fill out two extra state forms for a gun purchase. The one form is a release of "I'm crazy" medical info. If I've been found crazy, I should be registered in the fed database as being found mentally broken. If I'm not logged there, you are not going to find any records to stop the gun sale anyway. Shrinks DO NOT care if you have a release. They will not divulge the info. I know this, I've been involved in subponea'ing two shrinks and countless signed release requests for info during multiple investigations. They would rather go to jail in most cases than release the info. So, no need to have the release. The only way you will truely get the info you desire is if a court does the right thing and registers the f'n nut. The second form almost the exact same questions as on the Federal form. HEY A-HOLE, If I was going to lie on the Fed form, I'm going to lie on the state form too. I have investigated large Straw Purchase rings with the ATF. I know what the form is used for, and the weight is carries. It carries JACK SH!T. Having two forms, well here let me see here... lets do the math on that.... two times JACK SH!T equals..... Oh ya, JACK SH!T. You don't believe me, call the Asst US Attorney in your area and ask them what they can charge someone with for lying on that form. They will tell you they can charge them with a misdomenor for lying on that form....... You have to PROVE everything else, duh.

Here's the real kicker for me. I am Active Duty Military and readily have access to all kinds of fully automatic weapons. I am a Fed Agent for the Military and therefore carry badge, creds, a pistol, cuffs, metal sticks, etc etc. I am a competition shooter, avid hunter, and readily qualify for the title "Gun Nut" and wear the title proudly. So, why with all of the above is the logic of making me wait 10 days to give me the gun that will obviously qualify to purchase, and don't need if I really wanted to hurt someone with a gun? Un-Fing-believable......

I have saved for months on an enlisted salery for the opportunity to get my first STI Limited gun. I even kept the savings mostly in tact while being forced to move from CO to MD. I made a purchase on a really nice used STI Edge in very good condition, and now have to wait 10 days........ Only law abiding citizens wait... Criminals go to DC where there [scarcasm on big time] there are no handguns because the are illegal to own [scarcasm off], and just buy one on the street. Hell, I know this for a fact! I have been involved in putting the bad guys in jail that are getting the guns on the streets! One would at least think there would be an exclusionary clause for Military and LE. I personally believe an waiting period for any qualified person is stupid, but it's just the apitome of assinine to make a cop wait for a privately purchased weapon.

I truely feel sorry for every law abiding gun owner in the following states: HI, CA, NY, MD, NJ, and MA along with a slew of other states that have passed completely ridiculous gun laws. I hope you all have the opportunity to move in the future to someplace that treats the law abiding with respect. If you want to move to CO, I will readily make room for any of you when I get back there myself.

Ya, I know. I ranted for quite a while on this one, but damned if I am not one PISSED OFF SOB right now. I just cannot excuse stupidity like this from our overpaid elected officials.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot fathom the amount of stupidity it took for one to believe that a waiting period on a gun purchase is anything but an annoyance for the purchaser. There is no benefit or safety advantage with this type of law. It will not stop a second degree homicide, an impuse murder, or any other type of gun crime. It does not take extra time for any law enforcement agency to determine if the purchasure is committing a crime or not. It does not assist in determining if the person can legally make the purchase or not. The ONLY thing it does is PISS ME OFF.

I would like to personally meet the asshat in MD that thought it was a good idea to pass a law making me fill out two extra state forms for a gun purchase. The one form is a release of "I'm crazy" medical info. If I've been found crazy, I should be registered in the fed database as being found mentally broken. If I'm not logged there, you are not going to find any records to stop the gun sale anyway. Shrinks DO NOT care if you have a release. They will not divulge the info. I know this, I've been involved in subponea'ing two shrinks and countless signed release requests for info during multiple investigations. They would rather go to jail in most cases than release the info. So, no need to have the release. The only way you will truely get the info you desire is if a court does the right thing and registers the f'n nut. The second form almost the exact same questions as on the Federal form. HEY A-HOLE, If I was going to lie on the Fed form, I'm going to lie on the state form too. I have investigated large Straw Purchase rings with the ATF. I know what the form is used for, and the weight is carries. It carries JACK SH!T. Having two forms, well here let me see here... lets do the math on that.... two times JACK SH!T equals..... Oh ya, JACK SH!T. You don't believe me, call the Asst US Attorney in your area and ask them what they can charge someone with for lying on that form. They will tell you they can charge them with a misdomenor for lying on that form....... You have to PROVE everything else, duh.

Here's the real kicker for me. I am Active Duty Military and readily have access to all kinds of fully automatic weapons. I am a Fed Agent for the Military and therefore carry badge, creds, a pistol, cuffs, metal sticks, etc etc. I am a competition shooter, avid hunter, and readily qualify for the title "Gun Nut" and wear the title proudly. So, why with all of the above is the logic of making me wait 10 days to give me the gun that will obviously qualify to purchase, and don't need if I really wanted to hurt someone with a gun? Un-Fing-believable......

I have saved for months on an enlisted salery for the opportunity to get my first STI Limited gun. I even kept the savings mostly in tact while being forced to move from CO to MD. I made a purchase on a really nice used STI Edge in very good condition, and now have to wait 10 days........ Only law abiding citizens wait... Criminals go to DC where there [scarcasm on big time] there are no handguns because the are illegal to own [scarcasm off], and just buy one on the street. Hell, I know this for a fact! I have been involved in putting the bad guys in jail that are getting the guns on the streets! One would at least think there would be an exclusionary clause for Military and LE. I personally believe an waiting period for any qualified person is stupid, but it's just the apitome of assinine to make a cop wait for a privately purchased weapon.

I truely feel sorry for every law abiding gun owner in the following states: HI, CA, NY, MD, NJ, and MA along with a slew of other states that have passed completely ridiculous gun laws. I hope you all have the opportunity to move in the future to someplace that treats the law abiding with respect. If you want to move to CO, I will readily make room for any of you when I get back there myself.

Ya, I know. I ranted for quite a while on this one, but damned if I am not one PISSED OFF SOB right now. I just cannot excuse stupidity like this from our overpaid elected officials.

Right...

Edited by tightloop

Whew ...... Feel better ? ;)

I feel your pain, but it dosent change anything. I used to (4 years ago) live in the City of Dayton, Ohio where if you owned a pistol you had to go down to the City Building and get finger-printed, photographed, and back-ground checked .... then pay a "fee" of $30 so they could issue you a "City of Dayton Handgun Owners ID card". <_<

You could own 200 high-powered, semi-automatic, assult-type, sniper-style rifles with high-powered scopes, and 30 round detachable magazines .... or you could get 1000 shotguns with pistol-grips, and pumps, chokes, ribs, etc. WITHOUT being finger-printed, photographed, and back-ground checked

Now what sense this made ... I dont know, but it was one of the things that prompted me to move out of that city (and right into the path of Tornado Alley). It was so bad that even after I moved I couldn't purchase a gun until I got my drivers license changed to show my new address (and city). :angry:

Great rant!

I thought I had heard it all about California until a friend told me this one: A world-class gunsmith had to move out of California because he was told that his out-of-state customers would have to register their guns in California in order to ship them to him for work.

Top that!

"I would like to personally meet the asshat in MD that thought it was a good idea to pass a law making me fill out two extra state forms for a gun purchase. " Contact any state representative the resides in PG, Montgomery or Howard County and/or Baltimore City, I'm sure they could explain it....

Hope the mags weren't included in the shipment. 20 round max in this fine state.

Good to meet you last Saturday.

Yes, I'm going to dabble in the STI world a little, but don't think for a minute I'm putting away the tupperware for any amount of serious time until I make my M card. I was hoping to get more range time while away from the family, but I don't know about that anymore. we'll see. There's a couple of good production shooters here to chase to the top ;)

As for CA, I was stationed at Travis AFB for 2 1/2 years. Don't even get me started on the insanity of that place. CA is a foreign country IMO. Flex would probably erase my rants on CA due to exessive vulgarity.....

Believe me, I know what you're talking about. I guess that's part of the reason why there are so few gun shops in MD. I lived there for nearly 10 years and it would take and Act of Congress to get me back!

I used to really enjoy Sat nights (NOT) when the dirtbags would leave "The Classics" bar just up the street from the main gate at Andrews and pop rounds off at my guys while turning at the intersection to head back into D.C. where handguns are illegal :surprise:

I used to really enjoy Sat nights (NOT) when the dirtbags would leave "The Classics" bar just up the street from the main gate at Andrews and pop rounds off at my guys while turning at the intersection to head back into D.C. where handguns are illegal :surprise:

OMG!! You really HAVE been here. :sick:

Great rant!

I thought I had heard it all about California until a friend told me this one: A world-class gunsmith had to move out of California because he was told that his out-of-state customers would have to register their guns in California in order to ship them to him for work.

Top that!

Sorry for the thread drift but what registration are you talking about?

You are military so you work for the people who make the laws and tell you where you have to live and what to do. As long as you take the king's gold you play by the king's rules. When you are a semi-free man again, then you can move to where you want to live.

Great rant!

Top that!

I can't quote the bill number or regulation; I know second-hand, from a friend of the gunsmith. They had a moving-away part for him at their house the week before he moved to Oregon. The gunsmith cited the problem with registration as the reason why he needed to move. It's not a "I heard a rumor from a friend of a guy that knows a guy that maybe once had a gun worked on by this guy;" I wouldn't have posted here unless I had a good footing to make the statement.

He is definitely not a "hobby" gunsmith, and the laws were making it very difficult for him to conduct a lucrative business in CA.

Great rant!

Top that!

I can't quote the bill number or regulation; I know second-hand, from a friend of the gunsmith. They had a moving-away part for him at their house the week before he moved to Oregon. The gunsmith cited the problem with registration as the reason why he needed to move. It's not a "I heard a rumor from a friend of a guy that knows a guy that maybe once had a gun worked on by this guy;" I wouldn't have posted here unless I had a good footing to make the statement.

He is definitely not a "hobby" gunsmith, and the laws were making it very difficult for him to conduct a lucrative business in CA.

I did not mean to be a smartass or anything. I was just curious as to what registration you were refering to. Other than AW registration, I know of no other requirements in the state. The "approved" list is for firearms for sale in Ca but that's about it. I guess if the guy was not a FFL he would probably have trouble because of the transfer from the FFL to him and back. Just curious. Thanks for the info.

Later,

Chuck

"I would like to personally meet the asshat in MD that thought it was a good idea to pass a law making me fill out two extra state forms for a gun purchase. " Contact any state representative the resides in PG, Montgomery or Howard County and/or Baltimore City, I'm sure they could explain it....

Hope the mags weren't included in the shipment. 20 round max in this fine state.

Good to meet you last Saturday.

They all hold 18/19 rounds. Dawson Precision tuned 140mm 40 cal mags. I just GOTTA know that the politicians that thinks a mag limit is a good idea have NEVER seen TT or Jake reload a firearm :o Besides, almost every gang banger handgun I've helped pull off the street was a POS saturday night special made in CA and carried less than 10 rounds in the mag anyway. WTF?

You are military so you work for the people who make the laws and tell you where you have to live and what to do. As long as you take the king's gold you play by the king's rules. When you are a semi-free man again, then you can move to where you want to live.

Anyone who pays taxes works for the people who make the laws. And we're to blame.

:cheers:

+1

Back to the thread drift -

My whole world is turning upside down - Sean with an STI, Todd starting to shoot his 34, and George says he's going to start shooting matches. WTF?

Drift off.

:lol: :lol: