Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movies with your favorite ending

benos

You can either list your single most favorite, or more than one, in categories.

Drama

Vanishing Point

Runaway Train

Feel-good

The Station Agent

Harold and Maude

I got started thinking about this when I re-watched The Station Agent. It was perfect for the movie. Then I remembered Vanishing Point (I know that dates me a bit), and then Runaway Train; holy crap, John Voigt was awesome.

be

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot to choose from, but the one that comes first to my mind was 'Sleeping with the Enemy'. That final scene where Martin confronts his wife, who he thought had drowned...

Martin: There's the telephone. You could call the police. I know your every thought, Laura. You're wondering if they can protect you. Who knows? They may issue an order instructing me to stay away from my own wife.

Martin: Nothing can keep me away. I love you, Laura. I can't live without you. And I won't let you live without me.

Think carefully.

Laura (on the phone): Yes, give me the police. Hurry, please.

Martin: This is our last chance.

Laura: Yes, this is Sara Waters at Tremont.

Martin: Take that chance.

Laura: Come quickly. I've just killed an intruder.

BANG, she shoots him....

+1 on No Way Out, a fall-out-of-your-chair ending

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, not sure if that is a "feel-good" ending or not.

Escape from L.A., one of the most horrible movies ever, had one of the best endings. Snake Pliskin contemplating a world without computers, electronics, etc. as he contemplates his burning match.

It may not be my favorite of all time, but due to my short attention span, I'm going with the most recent movie I've seen. The latest Borne movie. The penultimate shot from under Borne, under water. The way it connects with the first shot of the first movie is very satisfying and gives a completeness to the trilogy.

Later, Steve

It may not be my favorite of all time, but due to my short attention span, I'm going with the most recent movie I've seen. The latest Borne movie. The penultimate shot from under Borne, under water. The way it connects with the first shot of the first movie is very satisfying and gives a completeness to the trilogy.

Later, Steve

I didn't get that until a few hours after I watched the Ultimatum. That was cool.

be

Off the top of my head one of my favorites is Man on Fire, Denzel sacrificing himself for the little girl's safety.

I liked the Bourne ending as well, I didn't catch the connection immediately either.

Off the top of my head one of my favorites is Man on Fire, Denzel sacrificing himself for the little girl's safety.

Good movie, much better book. Much darker in places but way over the top compared to the movie.

Bloodwork had a pretty nice twist in the movie as well, but does not follow the book. Cool points to the author though, he mentions the story being made into a movie in a later book and the divergent plot line.

Edited by iainmcphersn