Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Caliber 40S&W

Nemo

For what I do, it is the most versatile handgun caliber!!

King of limited division, perfect for L-10 as well. No problem for production or single stack and even, if I had the gun, would be very good choice for revo division. I've read here that some folks have even earned their M and GM cards in open with it.

Also, although my carry gun is a snubby 38, I do keep one of my M&P40s loaded with Rangers in my nightstand.

A toast to the 10mm short!!

:cheers:¡SALUD! :cheers:

King of limited division, perfect for L-10 as well. No problem for production or single stack and even, if I had the gun, would be very good choice for revo division. I've read here that some folks have even earned their M and GM cards in open with it.

Also, although my carry gun is a snubby 38, I do keep one of my M&P40s loaded with Rangers in my nightstand.

YEP YEP! :D

610, Id guess; I think that its a bit of a liability with the speed reloads compared to the big noses of 45acp.

610, Id guess;

Yes, it's the 610.

I think that its a bit of a liability with the speed reloads compared to the big noses of 45acp.

Yes, and the rounds flop around too much in the moon clip. Or maybe i'm using the wrong clips.

...would be very good choice for revo division.

Cool. I hadn't considered that. What revolver for .40S&W?

-Chet

The S&W 610. Kinda hard to come by, but they're still out there.

610, Id guess; I think that its a bit of a liability with the speed reloads compared to the big noses of 45acp.

I didn't say it was the best, but a good choice nonetheless.

610, Id guess;
Yes, it's the 610.

Wow. A quick search at gunbroker.com reveals the 610 to be an expensive revolver.

I see the 646 is chambered for .40 as well. And another pricey gun.

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

Wow. A quick search at gunbroker.com reveals the 610 to be an expensive revolver.

-Chet

True, they are not cheap, but still less expensive than a S_I. ;)

The 646 is built on a L-frame. Smaller than the N-framed based 610.

Thinking of giving revo division a try, Chet? B)

610, Id guess;
Yes, it's the 610.

-Chet

Define expensive.

I have a NIB unfired 4" 610 that I am about to put up for sale.

I figured to ask $700 for it.

That doesn't seem to be to be a great deal of money, especially for a stainless revolver that's out of production.

Roughly the price of a new Glock.

You could buy 3 at that price and not cover what my limited gun cost.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

The 40 is a great cartridge. I had one with a Briley bushing barrel that would shoot under 2" at 50 yards, all day long. And with a good barrel/fully supported chamber, you can load 10mm velocities in it. I used to load 215 PF load for pins at Second Chance.

be

It is true that the 40 in regular steel moons do flop around.. however, if you pick up some of the polymer RIMZ clips for the 610, all that flopping goes away and you never have to worry about your moons getting bent out of shape since the polymer ones do not have the same issues as the steel ones do. I shoot a 6.5" 610 classic for IPSC and ICORE. I choose to shoot minor and well, it barely moves. I've made B with it so far but am short of A by only 1.4% points. Since I can only get 140 RN locally, it's what I choose to shoot. 4.0 of Ramshot Competition yields a nice easy 135 ish PF. Pair that with Fed 100 primers and Winchester brass and I'm off and running. I hear that you can get a plated 180 RN and someone else makes a 180 moly coated RN, but I'll stick with the bear creeks since they are local and I can get them for a pretty good price.

Today in practice I was finally getting some sub 1 sec draws from an 012 cup holster. First time I ever did that. :) I kind of wish S&W would come out with an 8 shot X frame 10 mm. Now THAT would rock! :goof:

the .40 S&W is simply an awesome versatile round. I actually keep thinking about going back to shooting it in my old Open gun. That gun ran like a stripped a$$ ape.

But true there is no replacement for displacement when it comes to .40 vs .45

Alan

38 Super, .40, .45

Now this is just me talkin', but bigger is almost always better :D

For a minute there I thought you were going to have us ask your girlfriend....glad that did not occur...hate to have you embarassed :closedeyes:

Dont know about 610's but for the 646 the Rimz moonclips arnt so good, rounds wobble around alot and if you arent careful can fall out. I would only use them for practice shooting or the first cylinder. The solid 6 shot 38 Super clips are the way to go. A little snug but they stay put. But I too love the .40, load it down for minor up for major and everything in between, Light and fast slow and heavy take your pick in off the shelf ammo. So far I havent gotten a deer with it yet but It'll happen eventually.

38 Super, .40, .45

For a minute there I thought you were going to have us ask your girlfriend....glad that did not occur...hate to have you embarassed :closedeyes:

Which one would I ask tho?????? :unsure:

38 Super, .40, .45

Which one would I ask tho?????? :unsure:

the one that could tell this:------------------------

from :--------------------------------- :surprise::goof::devil: