Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've searched and really couldn't find an answer. I'm looking for a non revolver pocket carry gun and was thinking about one of the 9mm versions of the Kel-Tec. Does anybody carry one of these that way and is it a good choice for that? If not what can you recommend? remember no revolvers please.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a Kel-Tec single stack 9x19 to see if it worked for me. The gun itself isn't bad; it's reasonably accurate (one hole at seven yards) and reliable. It's so thin that it hurts to shoot - and I can shoot a K frame with full power .357s or my .41 Mag and .44 Mags all day with no problem. It's back in the box waiting for a reason to trade it on something else.

I've never shot a Kahr; one of those with a polymer frame might be nice.

I agree that it's too big for a pocket gun. I can conceal a K frame in an IWB as easily as I can the Kel-Tec. If you've just got to have an auto, I'd check out a G36 (I hate Glocks...except for this one) and a good IWB.

Nothing beats the Seacamp in 32 ACP.

A very close second is the North American Arms clone

Both are about the size of a pack of cigarets

Long wait for the seacamp and the NAA clone is about 1/2 the cost

mvz

Your right Chris, the pocket gun is just to let me get back to where I store more fire power. I wanted to carry a CZ p01, but can't seem to find a holster that I like and is comfortable. I'll have to check out a .380

Kahr PM9 in a PCS holster rides in the pocket with no problems at all. The thing you'll likely figure out very quickly is that the pocket gun will go with you even when you just don't want to deal with the bigger gun, putting on a belt, or even when you're showing off all that hair on your back. :lol:

Well Z, I just can't seem to get comfortable with a full size gun and an IWB holster. My body demensions must be out of wack.

9X25,

damn, :surprise: I thought the price for a Kahr was on the high side. Man $850 for one of those bad boys. When you need to use it it must have an autopilot built in. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fireant

For pocket carry i like my springfield micro compact its a 3 inch 1911 in 45 and conceals well in a kytac pocket holster

Steve

You must have ballistic quality suspenders to hold up all that weight, compared to the Kahr.

9X25,

damn, :surprise: I thought the price for a Kahr was on the high side. Man $850 for one of those bad boys. When you need to use it it must have an autopilot built in. :rolleyes:

My buddy was complaing that he could not afford a new Edge and was looking for a "deal" on a used Limited gun. Then he asks me if I had ever heard or a Rorhbaugh? I said no, and he pulls one out and says that he has two of them. I thought it was a really nice piece until he mentioned that it cost $750. Now I understand why he can't afford a Limited gun!

It is not in the same league with Kahr, Kel Tec, etc ... this is a top shelf, no excuses gun but it is priced that way too. I guess if you can spend $3,000 to $5,000 for a new competition pistol, you can spend $750 for a trick carry piece. If Jaxshooter ever sees one he will order two of them for his collection. Until I win lotto I will stick with my Glock 27.

I've got both a Kel Tec P32 and a Kahr PM9. Both are first rate but I really wouldn't consider the PM9 a pocket gun. The Kel Tec drops in the pocket with a holster and is super concealable. I still need a concealment garment when carrying the PM9.

My main carry gun is a Kel-Tec P-3AT 380. Use a Glock .40 for the car.

I use it because it fits in my pocket. It's a cheap POS but it goes bang every time. They say the gun to bring to a fight is the one you have. I have this more often becasue it's EASY to carry. 7 rounds of 380 Corbon Powerball had better be enough!

post-6337-1186802455.jpg

Like they say, Kel-Tec 380. Summer is the easiest time to conceal because that thing goes in the front pocket of cargo or slash pockets and no one has any clue that it is a gun.

Black out the words Kel Tec on the nylon case & no one has any idea THAT has a gun in it. So small & light it just seems like a PDA if you're fishing it out of your glove box, backpack, whatever.

Micah - what did you do to Flex to deserve that avatar?