Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Streaming Todd

Rocket35

i need mmooorre practice...

does anybody know the stock on the ar

I think that you would have to buy the complete weapon system from ZM to get the stock. There is no buffer or spring on their LR's. Most that I have seen with this gas piston design are in the 1500-1800 dollar price range. Very sweet rifle to say the least. I would love to have one just for personal/home defense use and not competition.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...snip....

I would bet on it... the man isn't going to do anything to put himself at risk.... did you see that footwork? I'm going to dl that to my laptop and take it to the range with me and practice.

...snip...

Hi,

How do you download the video to your local disk so that you can view it offline ?

Knowing me there is an obvious "Save to Disk" button somewhere I can't see :)

Cheers,

Achint

Try this:

http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&siteId=...4-10717260.html

TJ is the HEAT!!!

Always the right foot, huh ?

I was thinking the same thing- maybe it is to keep things consistant and or simple. But I have always followed the "Matt Burkett" approach. Not that he is the only one who teaches that way. It is just that he is the first one I learned that from....But I will have to give TJ's right foot approach some research on the range to see if it has some merit. :rolleyes: It works for him obviously! ;)

http://www.shootingusa.com/PRO_TIPS/pro_tips.html

Here is a direct link to the "pro tips" section of shooting USA. Several big name shooters have video tips (icluding Todd Jarrett).

Ummmm....I don't see anyvideo clips other than TJ's- just transcipts. :unsure: Unless I am missing something of course- wouldn't be the first time. :blush:

While I don't necessarily subscribe to some of the techniques he uses, watching Todd break down a complex course of fire, and then shoot it in his smooth/snappy style is like watching an artist at work. Its always been inspirational to me. There are folks out there that beat Todd pretty regularly in big matches these days - but I don't ever learn quite as much from watching them as I do from watching Todd - at least, for those types of things.... ;)

i need mmooorre practice...

does anybody know the stock on the ar

I think that you would have to buy the complete weapon system from ZM to get the stock. There is no buffer or spring on their LR's. Most that I have seen with this gas piston design are in the 1500-1800 dollar price range. Very sweet rifle to say the least. I would love to have one just for personal/home defense use and not competition.

Chris C.

Shooting USA episode about this rifle on the same site, search for "ZM weapons"

http://www.shootingusa.com/PRO_TIPS/pro_tips.html

Here is a direct link to the "pro tips" section of shooting USA. Several big name shooters have video tips (icluding Todd Jarrett).

Ummmm....I don't see anyvideo clips other than TJ's- just transcipts. :unsure: Unless I am missing something of course- wouldn't be the first time. :blush:

The AMU guys had good video clips also. I didn't check all of the others. TJ and the AMU videos are a good resource by themselves.

TJ is the HEAT!!!

Always the right foot, huh ?

well, maybe not always! going from left box to right box (in the first video) lefty goes in first.

those videos are really well done (editing, presentation, dialogue, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

did a 2 day course with Todd last year, worth every penny. funny guy and a great teacher. we were supposed to get him back this year before out Nats, but it didn't work out. Hopefully we can get him back before the Worlds next year.

his foot work is amazing, but the technique for entering and transitioning from boxes is on it's way out, at least in IPSC as we don't use boxes anymore. However his technique for moving to and from positions is almost the same, and that is applicable to IPSC. I think in USPSA you guys still use boxes correct?

his foot work is amazing, but the technique for entering and transitioning from boxes is on it's way out, at least in IPSC as we don't use boxes anymore. However his technique for moving to and from positions is almost the same, and that is applicable to IPSC. I think in USPSA you guys still use boxes correct?

There are boxes in all IPSC/USPSA stages, some vertical, some horizontal, some large and some small boxes are everywhere and they are here to stay.

Hows that for cryptic?

I meant the very specific "box to box" stuff that we used to see, it's no longer allowed in IPSC. it has to be "freestyle" or standards. So no more shoot 4 rounds in the box, 2 while going to the next one, and reload before getting into the next box kind of stuff.

• 3 weeks later...