Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hot Fuzz

murkish

My wife loves to watch the special features. During one where they are talking about their tour promoting the movie, some liberal student ask if they enjoyed shooting the guns. The actors called the guns by their correct names and you could tell they had a good knowledge and respect for the guns.

They did "ham" it up at the end of the discussion, but kudo's to their instructor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Great flick...but you really need to have a penchant for British humor. I watched it again with the wife, and she kept asking me why I was laughing.

This is why she's getting a Holy Grail, Life of Brian, Faulty Towers box set for the holidays ;)

• 5 months later...

A lot of Brit humor tends to annoy the living hell out me, kind of like a splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice in a paper cut across the top of my knuckles. This movie, however, was actually watchable (is that a word?), and kept the spouse and I entertained for the most part for 2 hours. It is on free on demand as part of our basic service, and one of the dozen or so movies that are worth a crap out of the hundreds that are available every month.

"FOR THE GREATER GOOD"......

I think shawn of the dead was much more funny, but I own Hot Fuzz and have managed to watch it a few more times than expected. it was on cable 2 nights ago and it's almost funnier to watch it a 3rd or fourth thime to get all the humor.

On another note I saw Knocked up last night. Seth Rogen is a new hero after 40 yo virgin, Superbad and a few others. :)

I thought shawn of the dead was great and this movie was a real let down. <_<

I initially felt the same way, but in retrospect, it was more a matter of shaun of the dead being really good rather than hot fuzz being bad. It was certainly less disappointing than most movies I saw the year it came out.

• 8 months later...