Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Like Your Van Halen?

The flavor of the band changed quite a bit when Sammy came on board. With Diamond Dave, the band was more of a light hearted party band. Sammy seemed to get it to drift more toward a serious hard rocking band. I liked them both but Sammy gets the nod.

It's probably an age thing. Who was fronting the band when you were partying to it???

Ha - for those of us that were teenagers, when VH first emerged, this poll question is laughable. There was only "Van Halen." The incarnation of the band with Hagar, and later the abortion with Cherone, was a cruel joke.

Even with '1984' I think many of us suspected the absolutely blistering sound and songs from the early days was...gone. Clearly Eddie wanted to "outgrow" what they were great at.

Roth VH was big, hot, nasty, unapologetic 80's badass ROCK!!! "Hot for Teacher" still makes me.... well, hot for teacher. :wub:

VanHagar was a sensitive, VH1, 90's shadow of it's former self.

I don't feel tardy :blink:

+1

The intro to that song is still one of my all time favorites.

I don't feel tardy :blink:

I BROUGHT MY PENCIIIIIILLLLLL!!!!! :D

The intro to that song is still one of my all time favorites.

I used ta could play that intro... ;) Gotta love having electronics, so you can put your kick drum up on a floor tom, too... <_<:D

Always thought Diamond Dave was a huge obnoxious arrogant ass. Still do, matter of fact. But, he had the attitude and the voice that tied in perfectly with the songs. I like SH a lot, and like the songs they did with him, but DLR was the best.