Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard Chrome

kiyshooter

I'd recommend Accurate Plating & Weaponry. They did a very nice plating job on an alloy-framed 1911 I built.

Plus, I know for a fact that AP&W supports USPSA by donating plating certificates to our major matches.

Does anybody know if Virgil Tripp can say the same?

ACCURATE Plating and Weaponry REFINISHING PRICE

Direct Chrome

No Flaw Removal 129.00

Matte Flaw removal 170.00

Brushed 400 Grit Polish 170.00

REFINISHING PRICES: COBRA CHROME AND/OR COBRA COAT

(effective 3-1-06)

Complete steel frame pistol including barrel 210.00

Complete steel frame pistol less barrel 180.00

Complete steel frame compensated pistol 235.00

Complete aluminum frame pistol including barrel 210.00

Complete aluminum frame pistol less frame 180.00

Complete polymer frame pistol including barrel 180.00

Complete polymer frame pistol less barrel 150.00

Slide and slide parts 95.00

Slide & Barrel special 135.00

Frame and frame parts 115.00

Barrel only 55.00

Individual small parts each 6.00

Plate magwell 25.00

Desert Eagle (surcharge) 125.00

Mask/preserve staked-on or integral front sight 35.00

Stripping hard chrome complete pistol 45.00

EGW Finishes

Matte Blue $100.00

Matte Blue Frame, Polish Flats on Slide $115.00

Matte Blue Top or Bottom Only $60.00

E-Treat $250.00

Hard Chrome $250.00

Hard Chrome Frame Only $125.00

Anodize Aluminum Parts (Choice of color) $60.00

Note: Plating Adds 1 Month

Edited by Rocket35

I think Virgil supports USPSA by turning our guns around in 12 days....

OK, so apparently the answer is no....

I've seen Cobra Chrome (Tripp) certificates on prize tables as well as Tripp magazines, though I don't remember seeing one very recently. As the co-inventor of the STI frame and ex-owner of STI, he's done a lot for IPSC and is a great guy-- any sponsor-coordinators called them lately to get us the real scoop?

Hey, if that's the case, that's great. I've never heard anything bad about Virgil or his work. I just don't recall ever seeing anything of his on the prize tables over the past few years, but maybe I didn't notice.

It's not a big deal really, I just try to recommend and support those businesses that help us out by donating merchandise/services to our matches. The good guys get hit up all the time for stuff, and those who continue to help us out deserve being remembered when somebody asks for a recommendation.

Back when I had my Glock 35 slide hard chromed- Tripp did it and it was awesome quality. If you are having more work done, I would consider EGW. I like the idea of having all the work done "in-house". I don't have any experience with Accurate Plating and Weaponry though.

Tripp just did two guns for me. Additionally I had him black polymer coat the sights and hard chrome a few extra small parts. Very nice. He warned me that the additional work might take a couple of days longer than the 10 shop days estimate he works by. Door to door the first job took 24 days. That was over the 4th of July. The second one with the same work and more extra small parts took only 12 days door to door. That's less than 10 shop days.

:cheers:

Hey, if that's the case, that's great. I've never heard anything bad about Virgil or his work. I just don't recall ever seeing anything of his on the prize tables over the past few years, but maybe I didn't notice.

It's not a big deal really, I just try to recommend and support those businesses that help us out by donating merchandise/services to our matches. The good guys get hit up all the time for stuff, and those who continue to help us out deserve being remembered when somebody asks for a recommendation.

Virgil = Good Guy.

I have guns plated by both Tripp and APW. I agree that quality is good on both. I was going to try to get my newest guncoated by IonBond, but after looking at his newest price sheet, I will get the guns hard chromed. For the money he is asking now I will stay with the hardchrome as it is prettier plus easier to clean. Other than that blueing is ok for the rest of my blasters.