Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sports Slimier Than Ever?

bountyhunter

It seems like sports have reached an all time low: we have an NBA ref who was mob-owned fixing games....the Tour de France is a "who cares anymore" because all the big guns are either on doping suspension or under investigation.

And out here we are all supposed to be aglow as barry closes in on hank Aaron's home run record..... as a grand jury is closing in on deciding if barry's lies in the Valco investigation rate a perjury trial.

Kind of takes the shine right off it all.... :unsure:

Well.... at least we can be proud of the role models we have been reading about in pro football. B)

Right, I know Pacman Jones is your hero.. :blink:

Hey, someone has to carry the torch since Michael Irvin retired...

When you take a guy with a third grade education....a college degree :yawn: ...Pay him Millions because he can run fast or jump high.

What do you expect?

Jim :ph34r:

You said it Jim...same for entertainers and politicians...what do you expect...they never did a days real work in their life...

Makes me appreciate what we have in this sport... They have cheats, thugs, criminals, drug users, DUI's, domestic abusers, steroid abusers etc...

We have; Leatham(s), Max, Julie, Travis, Todd, Athena, BE, Lisa, Kay & Jerry, KC, JJ, et al, as our role models :)

Makes me appreciate what we have in this sport... They have cheats, thugs, criminals, drug users, DUI's, domestic abusers, steroid abusers etc...

We have; Leatham(s), Max, Julie, Travis, Todd, Athena, BE, Lisa, Kay & Jerry, KC, JJ, et al, as our role models :)

Point well taken and well made, Brit!

I'm fond of saying I came for the shooting but stayed for the people. If we had the same ratio of thugs as the other sports (espcially the ones receiving the Lion's share of media coverage), we be in deep do-do.

I dont think that sports figures have grown slimier in the last few years. They have always been marginal figures. We just have started to see them as role models too much. Why not try to make a difference and start admiring scientists, doctors, teachers, etc.

I dont think that sports figures have grown slimier in the last few years. They have always been marginal figures. We just have started to see them as role models too much. Why not try to make a difference and start admiring scientists, doctors, teachers, etc.

I agree, but the Barry Bonds thing really sickens me. The absolute hypocrisy of this guy breaking a record set by a man who actually set it just using his own ability and no artificial doping..... and we are just supposed to pretend that Barry didn't do dope?

It really is too much to stomach for me. We will end up with two sets of record books in sports: one with dope, one without.

Edited by bountyhunter

I agree, but the Barry Bonds thing really sickens me. The absolute hypocrisy of this guy breaking a record set by a man who actually set it just using his own ability and no artificial doping..... and we are just supposed to pretend that Barry didn't do dope?

It really is too much to stomach for me. We will end up with two sets of record books in sports: one with dope, one without.

Just as slimy is Bud Selig who has been there since Bonds hit his first homer...he saw it all happen on his watch and did NOTHING till this Bonds thing...he cannot say anything at all and should be in fear of getting the axe himself.....two bad peas in the same pod.

I'll agree with you on the marginal part.

However, I think the difference is how mcuh more effectively their dirty laundry can be aired than in the old days.

On top of that, modern living and technology has given them a whole lot more rope to hang themselves with.

Of course so have the megabuck paychecks, which are also a product of improved communications capabilities.

Pro Sports do provide a valuable community service...........

If it wasn't for Pro Sports look at all the people that would be in jail!

If they were in jail at least the general public, me included, would not have to put up with their crap....!!!

I don't take a big issue with sports players in legal trouble and scandal.

I take issue with our nation being obsessed with sports players in legal trouble and scandal.....that also goes for movie stars, singers, ect ect.

I shouldn't turn on CNN or FOX and see a sports figure or movie star at all. That is what Sportscenter and E! is for.

Edited by RobMoore