Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Wings

Kingman

Attach directly to the sight? Wouldn't that mess with the dot if bumped?

No more so than otherwise nudging the C-More - it replaces the battery cover. If it somehow hung on the lens "platform", then yeah, it could...

Eric has been using this setup for a little over a year, Eric has theem made to his spec and the bottom side even has the cutout for the batterie just like the cmore coverr. I have tried on and found that with a slide racker there isnt a need for it(my opinion). Now, if we had to peform several weak had pickups off of tables and such then it might would help But as most matches I attend dont require this, I removed it and returned to the original cmore cover. I will say it does make the sight look menacing or cool whichever you like to call. : :rolleyes:

That was one of my first worries actually.

If I hit something with this sticking out. What will happen.

I mean its not like I abuse my stuff, but sometimes you just smack the side around barricades etc.

In IPSC, you can apparently see some starts that specify the gun must lay on the right side, or opposite of the strong hand side or whatever... so this is a "crutch" of sorts to help fix that...

Of course, if you learn proper technique, you don't need a "crutch" to get the gun off the table with one hand... :lol: The racker doesn't hurt anything to use as a prop, but I don't need it to cleanly pick my gun off the table, either....

at the 03 FGN match we musta done 3-4 table starts. I picked up every one with my weak hand, and placed the gun in my strong hand. No chance of an AD, and if it's a run away start, no time lost, and no overrunning the gun. Just my two cents.

Sorry for the drift.

I liked the idea, but almost died of laughter when I saw it. Hence the humor forum.

No seriously, I was drinking a beer and almost puked it up laughing at it. I showed my roommate that is not a shooter but drools over my open guns and wants to learn to shoot, and even he started laughing at it going, what does that do. Is it stealth mode.

I actually made a variation and USED last year in the 2006 Area 6 and TN State match due to stages that begain with the gun UNLOADED w/ Magazine on table. Proped the gun on its right side which allowed me to slide my hand under, while insterting the magazine at the same time. I would like to think it saved time....in the Area 6 I finished 5th overall (on the stage) as a "B" shoter and 2nd overall (in the stage) at TN but even AFTER having to make up a shot on a popper. Here is a video, cant see much but it is a fairly quick load and chamber......more than I can say for hitting the popper... :angry:

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/for...nt=5b8abf6c.flv

post-6763-1184195382.jpg

post-6763-1184195404.jpg

post-6763-1184195418.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck