Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 USPSA Open/L10 Nationals

Sharyn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's about how my match went: http://www.shred2.net/~shred/ipsc/MyMatch640s.wmv (30 MB)

One miss (stage 6), one no-shoot (stage 18) and one procedural (stage 13- coin doesn't go into bucket)

Nice video! And Sharyn's too....

Interesting to see the stages...it didn't seem like this match had anything that I typically think of as a "field course" with a great deal of running and movement. The stages looked pretty "contained". Is that true of most Nationals?

Shred, in the video, you appear absolutely relaxed and efficient.

Sharyn,

You're the best for all this HARD work and you definitely have the artistic skill for editing. I think that's the first time there has been an all-ladies video of that size for the nationals. You should see if USPSA will post it on their ladies page!!!!

Thanks again and always a pleasure to shoot with you!

All the best,

Julie

Here's about how my match went: http://www.shred2.net/~shred/ipsc/MyMatch640s.wmv (30 MB)

Interesting to see the stages...it didn't seem like this match had anything that I typically think of as a "field course" with a great deal of running and movement. The stages looked pretty "contained". Is that true of most Nationals?

The lifejacket stage (not on my video-- my camera crew was off getting coffee ;) ) probably had the most running on it.

Shred, in the video, you appear absolutely relaxed and efficient.

Yeah, I was in control almost the whole time, though a little more aggression was called for at times.

Finally got some still shots ready for display... ;)

The best squad in the match.... (IMNSVHO) :D Squad 20 (unfortunately, missing our two vendors - Bob Londrigan and Glenn Higdon):

post-4828-1183478670.jpg

From left to right: Yong Lee, Ben Hoffman, James Ong, Bob Loo, Roy Stedman, Dave Re, Joe Bridgeman, Dave Bridgeman

The Open match winner, Max Michel, Jr.:

post-4828-1183478792.jpg

Finally, a nice shot detailing the look and feel of the range, taken from bay 5 - the "infamous" lifejacket stage....

post-4828-1183478834.jpg

I've got a bunch of shots of the men's Open super squad, the ladies squad, and a few from squad 20 that I'll have on my web site soon - I'll udpate this post when they show up... ;) And its at: http://www.daverephoto.com/OpenNationals2007/index.ahtml

Edited by XRe

Wow, cool pic of Judy Woolley. I saw she didn't shoot the whole match...Was she there for only one day?

Judy and I taught a ladies camp at her home range in Plains a few days before the start of the Nationals. We were having such fun we didn't want it to end so I managed to talk her into shooting the Nationals. Even though Judy hasn't competed at the National level in twelve years she was game. She dusted off an old 1911 single stack in .38 Super. We quickly loaded up some ammo and Judy had time to get in about 100 rounds of practice. Of course the gun worked flawlessly with those 100 rounds and ran for the first stage of the match. After that it had multiply jams and by the fourth stage it had turned into a single shot. Judy gave it up but still had a great time hanging with the Ladies Super Squad and meeting some old aquaintances.

Kay

:rolleyes: Judy Woolley had kind / encoraging words, and some helpfull tips for me back in 1992 - my first year to shoot Sportsman's Team Challenge. It was Judy and Brian that played a big part for me "sticking with It". I made a point of telling her, That she set me in motion to try and help others.

Oh She still -Looks great too ;)

JF

The Saul Kirsch picture on the life vest stage is badass.

The light was just right to get something like that... If I look at the whole image, I can actually see the ghost of the whole diameter of the bullet - just the highlight shows in the small picture, due to how bright it is... ;)

Great shots Dave! Lots of "action" in those pics.

On a different note; did you look at my post about catching a bullet leaving the barrel http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50050

I just wanted you professional opinion on the shot.

Thanks,

Thanks, buddy :) I left a little note for you over there.... Good lookin' shot - nice of you to bust Clint showing bad form w/ his closed eye and all that, too :D

A little known fact is visiting Missoula is much like a trip to NYC...

You can go to Central Park

post-1846-1183492314.jpg

and see Cats on Broadway

post-1846-1183492343.jpg

:D :D :D

What else are you going to call your downtown parking garage and vet clinic??