Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad USPS deliveries

Rob Boudrie

There's always that fine print. Priority Mail is "usually" 3 days, but not guaranteed 3 days as I found out the hard way.

This was EXPRESS MAIL which is guaranteed next day in certain delivery areas - which definitely includes my PO BOX.

The PO tried to tell me it was because the address did not have my name - only Area 7/AWARE - but that does not explain why I have received hundreds of other mails thusly addressed without difficulty, or why a delivery problem like that would cause a TWO WEEK delay.

The match applicant this happened to is a fed - maybe he has some buddies in the postal inspector's service who can figure it out :).

My moron mail carrier didn't realize express mail deliveries can be tracked on the net. I was watching for one and it showed as "delivered" but I never got it. I called the post office and raised hell with the supervisor and he claimed it was impossible.... it must have been delivered. later that night about 8PM, I hear the rattle of the mailbox. I open the front door and I see the mailman running like carl lewis to get back to his truck and drive away.

I called the supervisor at the station and he still claimed I was lying, that it had been delivered when it was supposed to be, and I must have "not seen" it in the mailbox.

The dipstick carrier was just scanning them in as delivered and then letting them pile up until he got around to actually delivering them.

I'm sure glad none of you guys know I work for the USPS.

That sure would be embarrasing!

Sorry about the experiences. I have no explanations.

No sweat, Lee.

You've already shown yourself to be above the cloud by being here! :)

Seriously, I work with a few world-class idiots. Thankfully, they are not the majority of my co-workers.

I make no excuses for them since I didn't hire them. B)

Hey, does your mail carrier THROW your packages against your front door?

Not lately, but the UPS guy did park his truck on a box with a computer in it for me.... and UPS is still refusing to admit liability.

If you were there when it happened, the proper course of action is to treat it as a traffic accident - insist for the driver's license and insurance information, and call the police to take a report. If the driver refuses to wait, file a hit and run complaint.

I've always had good luck with USPS priority for shipping brass, bullets, etc. Until now that is. Someplace between Nevada and Ohio is a box with 3,000+ 9mm brass in it that belongs to me. If anybody happens to see it, please let me know! It should have been here over a week ago. :surprise:

I've heard on good authority that most Postal employees HATE the Flat Rate boxes and <gasp> sometimes lose/mutilate/drop/ or otherwise delay shipment of those 70 pound boxes in particular. Always get insurance.

I am really lucky - my mail carrier (A very nice looking Red Head BTW) is really sweet and I have NEVER had a problem with her and package delivery. Her subs are another matter though.

5Shot

How is this one:

2-1/2 years ago we moved our offices and showroom 1000 feet down the highway, Same town, same highway, same mailman. was 952 no 984. On occasion, having used the previous address for over 30 years, a customer will mail a contract using the old address. 99% of the time our postman just brings it to the right place. Occasionally however, he or his replacement more likely, will send it back as moved, forward to new address. That takes on average two weeks!

Got to love pseudo-governmental employees.

Jim

All my flat rate bullet shipments get left right in the middle of my driveway, not anywhere even close to my garage.

The best I can say is that our horribly obese driver doesn't just dump them out of the truck, as nothing has been damaged yet.

I intercepted the driver before she got out of the truck not too long ago after backing halfway up my driveway. Figured I'd save her the effort of dealing with the heavy boxes. She had some odd attitude, obviously hating my guts for ordering heavy stuff. I finally reported her after the next box was left in the driveway. Now I get them left next to my garage door, but delivered by someone else hours before my normal delivery. Figured I'd never get mail again after reporting the slug, but so far, so good.

My wife says they shouldn't be on the driveway, but I figure it's a good idea with a box or more of bullets.

I've always had good luck with USPS priority for shipping brass, bullets, etc. Until now that is. Someplace between Nevada and Ohio is a box with 3,000+ 9mm brass in it that belongs to me. If anybody happens to see it, please let me know! It should have been here over a week ago. :surprise:

Just figured I'd update this... It finally got here but man does it look BAD. Three different kinds of tape, 4 plastic strapping bands and it's more round that square. It must have had a rough trip! Almost two weeks from shipping to receiving for priority! :blink:

I've had great service fom my regular USPS and UPS guys. I ordered a case of bullets (4000) from Montana Gold on a Tuesday and had a delivery notice in my mailbox on Thursday. Since a signiture was needed the mailman left the card and I picked them up on Friday. Great service from MG and my USPS driver. Being retired I've made a point to talk to both guys and offer them water or a soda once in a while. People at the USPS station are a completely different story. Most of them are overbearing morons who are on a power trip. I kill them with kindness. They hate that they can't get my goat.

CYa

Priority Mail is "usually" 3 days, but not guaranteed 3 days as I found out the hard way.

Adding to the hate :ph34r: I hate it that recent regular ol' first-class mail has taken as long as 2 weeks to deliver, recently. I sent a check from Washington to oregon, it took 9 days to deliver (!). No problem with it, properly addressed, postmarked the day I sent it, just... ridiculously slow. I could have *walked* it to oregon in that amount of time.

And, the only advice the Post Office gives me is "hey, send it priority mail, for only 4 bucks". Makes me believe there is a conspiracy here..... screw up so badly on the "regular" service, maybe it'll drive more people to the more profitable "premium" service.

Arrggghhh.

B (remember when "first class" meant it would get there in 2-3 business days? kinda like they promise for "priority", now?)