Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Helicopter extraction

eerw

Before I retired the overhaul program on ramps was one of mine. You could always spot the ramps that had been used to support the special ops folks. Salt water is a problem, but less so than when they stick em in the dirt. Water corrodes them and rocks break them and these folks do use thier equipment. God love all of them, they need all the help they can get.-----------Larry

Edited by lkytx

I'd bet that helo was a CH-46, which isn't supposed to fly in the first place (at least that's what they told my buddy when he first lifted off in one). If it isn't supposed to fly, hovering with your ass dragging the water probably isn't a big deal.

Cool video.

Hosing down an a/c and following up with a little Boeshield beats the living shit out of having your spec ops guys either dead or held hostage by the Iranians.

It's OK to wear helicopters out. We're America. We know how to make new ones. ;)

Edited by EricW

That's great stuff...And yes, its normal procedure--for spec-ops. As a (former) crew chief on USAF Special Operations MH-53J PAVELOWS, I fresh-water-rinsed many a ramp. The pilots are incredible-absolutely no room for error, and they cant even see what the ramp is doing. So are the SEALS / Combat Controllers / Berets for driving their Zodiac a few feet under the tail rotor onto the ramp. Ahhh, good memories.

Wow!

Just wow!

Yeah, if it is a "conventiontal" helicopter design w/ a tail rotor, that would be harry indeed zooming your boat under that spinning blade of death and destruction all the while trying to stay focused on hitting the ramp centered.

Jumping ja-hose-a-fats! :surprise:

That is definitely HSLD!

:ph34r:

I like it!

:cheers: