Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEAM AMERICA - "WORLD SHOOT" POLICE

Ok, I tried this before, BUT THIS TIME I MEAN IT!!!

Let's put together a group to go to WSXV in Bali. Let's work together to get our gear in line, book in bulk so we can get some sort of discount, and with a little luck squad together, both at the proceeding major in the US and at the WS.

Let's rustle up some sponsorship, I already have an idea for shirts. B)

Our national team is only like four guys including alternates. Let's put some more teams in the mix to deepen the gringo presence.

Who's up for this?!?!?!

Okay, I guess I'm just clueless.

I thought the World Shoot was by invitation only.

Don't you have to qualify by winning the preliminary matches to be offered a slot?

Am I to understand we can put a team together and just show up?

What are you talking about DP?

Enlighten Me.

Tls

TL you're correct it is by slottage, but I have been told time and again that the US never uses all it's slots, and will not likely do so in this case (long expensive flight having something to with that). :rolleyes:

That being said <humor generator slipping into gear> When was the last time we let a little thing like an invitation stop us from invading a country that was otherwise begging for it?

My God people, this is like humor T-ball. :P

And Yes, the Shirts will be RWB sporting either a bullseye, a punisher logo, maybe INFIDEL in arabic, or at very least the TEAM MOTTO Pharoh was kind enough to recite.

...Comin' again to save the mother$#@%in' day, yeah!!! :D

I know I couldn't swing the trip, but I'd sure buy a clone of that team shirt.

And I will contact Tech-wear et al and see if someone wants to support the team. We design and sell a cool shirt and we get a break on em'.

Shred!!! Come on Bra' let's go to Bali and raise some...heck. :unsure:

Edited by dirtypool40

All I can say is that if you get away and if you can get a slot don't hesitate. It was an excellent match and the Balinese people were excellent hosts. The range was something else.

With all hotels on the beach and all prices very cheap it makes for a great trip. Bring the family as well.

shotingrange.jpg

Range.jpg

Range%202.jpg

Dragon.jpg

Girls.jpg

Edited by Neil Beverley

Okay, I'm up for it.

I'm not worried about "representing the US".

The designated team will take care of that.

We'll just be there to shoot and have a good time (my favorite things).

The only question I have is how do we obtain these extra slots.

Since Dirtypool came up with this idea, I suggest he is the designated driver squad mom. ;)

Tls

Who's the "real" US team headed to Bali? 4...*guys*? And what about J-Go?

I'm sorry to say this, but depending on who is or is not going on the A-Team needs to be taken care of before we worry about the Dirty Dozen.

That said, I'm *all* for a bunch of ill-mannered Yanks raising holy hell at the World Shoot. :lol: But let's make sure we're kicking ass in all the divisions first.

Who's the "real" US team headed to Bali? 4...*guys*? And what about J-Go?

I'm sorry to say this, but depending on who is or is not going on the A-Team needs to be taken care of before we worry about the Dirty Dozen.

That said, I'm *all* for a bunch of ill-mannered Yanks raising holy hell at the World Shoot. :lol: But let's make sure we're kicking ass in all the divisions first.

OK, fine rub my nose in the fact that I will not get a slot to shoot on my country's team. Thank you for that bulliten from the department of the obvious. And, ok, so if there's money from USPSA it's probably a better idea to send our best than dum' ole' me.

Fine. I get it. I guess I need to rephrase the question.

Who ELSE wants to go, and try to put together some teams, if for no other reason than to travel to a big match and squad up with people from the same country? Oh yeah, and we might get shirts.

Okay, I'm up for it.

I'm not worried about "representing the US".

The designated team will take care of that.

We'll just be there to shoot and have a good time (my favorite things).

TL gets it.

Well. I'll probably be in if i can't make the US team! I really want to go.

Hmmm. wonder what language they speak there?? anyone know off hand what chances of people speaking english are?

Most indonesians speak english pretty well. You won't have any problems making yourself understood. It's really hot there though

English was widely spoken and we had no communication difficulties whatsoever in 2004. The local people were a delight, very welcoming, respectful and polite.

The heat during the HG match was on the extreme side of things but there were ample shelters. It was overcast with slight occasional drizzle during the SG match. There was torrential rain on the morning of the shoot-offs.