Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Definition of "Revolver Friendly"

xcount

If the COF does not require me to go back to my range bag to get more ammo than I can carry with 9 moon clips, then I consider it revolver friendly. By the way Love II I don't mind finishing ahead of a few autos or behind a few. When the smoke clears the fun is just the same. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revolver Friendly Adj. A field full of targets requiring no more than 50 rounds per stage. It will include but not be limited to someone furnishing coffee in the AM, water during the day, and beer when the day is done.

That's revolver friendly.

Regards,

Make the definition 70 rounds. I'm thinking about shooting the Crazy Croc this year

Make the definition 70 rounds. I'm thinking about shooting the Crazy Croc this year

Hey underlug,

I'm already signed up for the Crazy Croc with a Revolver, if you decide to do it let's squad up.

It's a relief to know I'm not the only wheelgunner crazy enough to take this match on :D

Any time we all shoot the same course of fire against each other it's friendly. If there are 16 shots from one position that's fine because we all have to make two reloads.

I do hate shooting a steel/ paper stage that requires 6 shots only. No place to game it and if you miss you are definately out of the money but what the heck. As long as it's the same for everyone.

I can only tell you one time I thought the "match" wasn't revolver friendly. RO made me shoot the entire match without switching the gun to my left hand. He said the technique came "to close to the 180". He was right though, I made my first reload too aggressive and brought the barrel up to high. He warned me "Do that again and your DQ'd". I shot the whole match using the other reload method, which wasn't a big deal at all. Now I can use either method just as fast. But "bothered" me a little.

I do get a little concerned about swingers and such that are only visible for a second or two. It takes me a second to just pull the trigger twice. Doesn't leave much room for aiming time. LOL

Revovers can't compete against autos?

Wow I wish I knew that before shooters like "TGO" and often a few others kicked my butt against my open gun. Then I could have said something like "that can't be happening" instead of telling them "great shooting".

Rob has won our Tues Nite steel match with a revolver against ALL other guns and 130 plus shooters.

Rob has sometimes won Revolver class AND placed well up in the top 10 but he has not yet won Overall.

The last Revolver shooter, and in my recollection the only revolver shooter to win TNS Overall was a Japanese Revolver shooter a number of years ago. I forget his name(old age setting in), maybe some of the older heads will recall.

Do the name Ruby Begonia ring a bell? In Japanese it is pronounced Tetsu Murata?

Umm . . . I'm "revolver friendly." I actually like to think I'm just "Shooter Friendly."

I think the attitude of the match staff has a lot to do with it. Larry & I (at Summer Blast) were thrilled at the great turn-out of Revolver shooters. We had one or two stage RO's & CRO's who made comments (before the match started) that putting 3 Revo squads back-to- back would slow down the match. I'm pleased to say that the first group done was one of the all revolver squads & so was the second. The squad of revolver shooters that took the longest, was the squad that was only 'partial' revolver shooters, and even they finished before two squads filled with Open & Limited shooters.

One of the 'fun' parts of my job in registration & stats is squadding. I put together groups of Law Enforcement Officers, all Production shooters, all parents with juniors, and now, all revolver shooters. A few years ago, I had a group of three Open shooters who sent in applications & requested "not to be squadded with revolver shooters again." I put them on my SH*T squad. This is where I put all the whiners, high maintenance types & anyone who annoys me. I figure, at best, they will annoy each other, and at worst, range staff only has one truly difficult group to get through. :P

My local shooters know that if they find themselves on the SH*T squad, it's time to stop talking & buy the stats lady some good coffee :D

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Major Match Stats

Edited by LChico

Revovers can't compete against autos?

Wow I wish I knew that before shooters like "TGO" and often a few others kicked my butt against my open gun. Then I could have said something like "that can't be happening" instead of telling them "great shooting".

Rob has won our Tues Nite steel match with a revolver against ALL other guns and 130 plus shooters.

Rob has sometimes won Revolver class AND placed well up in the top 10 but he has not yet won Overall.

The last Revolver shooter, and in my recollection the only revolver shooter to win TNS Overall was a Japanese Revolver shooter a number of years ago. I forget his name(old age setting in), maybe some of the older heads will recall.

Do the name Ruby Begonia ring a bell? In Japanese it is pronounced Tetsu Murata?

Yes Bubber. That's the guy. Any idea about his whereabouts? He hanging out with you in the great flyover country?

Viggen, from what I remember is when Japan's economy was hit hard he went back to work with his dad in Japan. He was also writing for a Japanese Magazine and he told me they were not doing well. I called him one time, big mistake. Time frame different and the guy that answered the phone, no matter how loud ar slow I talked could not understand English. :) , wrong number!!!!

Hey underlug,

I'm already signed up for the Crazy Croc with a Revolver, if you decide to do it let's squad up.

It's a relief to know I'm not the only wheelgunner crazy enough to take this match on :D

COOL!!!!!!!!! There may be a several Washington revolver folks coming down. I'll be in touch. PM <nomikes@yahoo.com>

How about any IPSC match where there's enough Revolero's to have "2" Squads.

And it helps to have targets that don't shoot back. My nose & cheek still hurts from the round I caught RO'ing Sunday. The cool part was I saw the "Base" of the Bullet just before it hit. Bled like a Big "B". Guess my vision was tuned in though.

Teach me to shoot my Auto, the Revo Gods smited me!

Edited by pskys2

Sorry for this thread drift but I just have to ask A while ago Bubber wrote "I have been shooting predominatly a eight shot revolver in A Open class in IPSC. " Bubber, did you earn your A Open classification with your revolver? If so, congratulations superman!

Paul

Sorry for this thread drift but I just have to ask A while ago Bubber wrote "I have been shooting predominatly a eight shot revolver in A Open class in IPSC. " Bubber, did you earn your A Open classification with your revolver? If so, congratulations superman!

Paul

Paul, How have you been? Not much of a big deal. My good stages were the Standard drill and the Virginia count stages with head shots. I wuz younger back then. My best with the eight shot was a 81% on 99-32 another Standard type of Classifier.

Paul

Paul, How have you been? Not much of a big deal. My good stages were the Standard drill and the Virginia count stages with head shots. I wuz younger back then. My best with the eight shot was a 81% on 99-32 another Standard type of Classifier.

Fast n Furious hasn't been posted from OKC June yet. It will be interesting to see how the winning score on the classifier from that match ranks.

Bubber beat a GM, M, 2 A's, 4 B's, et al on that classifier. Finished 5th of 11 on the match @ 75.650%. Not too shabby for a Flat Lander with a wheel gun.

Scroll down. The classifier is stage 6.

http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/06scores/jun06/jun06_opn.htm

Not too shabby for a Flat Lander with a wheel gun.

I see he was listed as shooting in Open division.

Was he using an 8-shooter with a dot?

Dot and a Comp. R Lee prepared 627 in 38 Super. MINOR power factor. 8 reload 8. B)

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/99-42.pdf

Edited by Waltermitty