Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glockworx Vs. Vanek

Pclark832

Hi,

I purchased a glock 35 for USPSA L10. Iv been shooting it for about 9 months. currently D class.

Iv added dawson sights, t.h.e. Tungson rode guide with 15lbs spring. Now im looking for a good after market trigger.

I cant decide between the vanek and the glock works triggers. Looking for suggestions and opinion.

They are both about the same price.

Thanks.

P.Clark

I've had charlie's drop in and his custom (send it to him) triggers. They are both good but if you send him your gun he has an amazing way of giving you a very smooth trigger with little or no stack before it fires. Call Vanek and talk to him he's a very nice guy and he will help you a bunch if you get one of his drop in triggers. He used to do Goloski's trigger and quite a few other top Glock shooters. A good trigger will help you a lot with one handed shooting and the ever popular 25yd head shot.

I've got two of Sotelo's kits. They are great for the money. Vanek's are just simply the cats ass. Just short of orgasmic for a Glock trigger. I broke down a couple of weeks ago after the SC sectional and bought one of Charlie's and just cannot believe how good it is over the Sotelo kit. It now resides in my production G17. Glockworx is new and pulling all kinds of weird games over on GlockTalk trying to promote their product. I'll buy one later to see how great they say it is. If it gets better than Vanek's drop in.......it will be short of amazing. Trust in Vanek. It is proven and it is SWEET. You cannot go wrong with his drop in kit. Oh yeah.......what PB said........invest in your practice. Some people say it costs nothing to dry fire but when you dry practice as much as Pharaoh.......new frames become expensive. ;)

Edited by 00bullitt

I've checked out Bullitt's pistol with the Vanek kit and it's as sweet as he says. I love the Sotelo kit in my 17 (yes, I really DO own a Glock!) but there's no comparison between the two.

Vanek. The best. Period. Haven't heard too much about these Glockworx triggers, other than being new to the market. Stick with what is the best, get the Vanek.

-Mike

Edit to add: Dryfire will be a huge help to get you moving up out of D.

Edited by cnemikeman

Edit to add: Dryfire will be a huge help to get you moving up out of D.

+100! Feel free to send Steve Anderson (his name and handle on the forums) if you have any dryfire questions...or even me. I'm a huge fan of this form of practice and it has taken me quite a long ways ;)

+1 on Vanek.

That being said, it looks like you have all the tweaks to your gun, but how much are you investing in a practice routine?

I try to get at least two 1 hour sessions in a week of dry fire. (around work and school) Then every saturday uspsa practice at my local range and a match ever other sunday.

some 25 yard line when time permits.

I own 7 Vanek Triggers (Drop-In and Fitted) but after reading all of the postings on GlockTalk I went ahead and purchased two of the GlockWorx triggers so I can compare and contrast them to the Vanek Triggers that I currently own.

What I can tell you so far about the GlockWorx triggers is that they initially advertised a product (Aluminum Trigger) but did not deliver that. Also they did not provide any instructions on how to install the trigger. The triggers that I received were not lubricated where the trigger bar makes contact with the connector and since no instructions were provided it would not have been known by a neophyte.

Having said all that they did come nicely packaged (Better than Sotelo's Offering) all of the parts except for the springs seem to be original Glock. I will be going to the range this weekend and plan on firing about 1000 rounds between my G34 and G35 and will report my findings on GT and this forum.

BTW, I consider Vanek to be the BenchMark all Glock trigger jobs should be compared against and I have just about owned them all. (I.e. CGR, NHO, DMW, S&J, Sotelo and 25 cent)

Edited by ryucasta

WWW.VANEKCUSTOM.COM

Thanks!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I looked at the site and it all sounds good, but have any of you had any light-strike issues with the drop-in kit??? Do you have to use only Federal primers??

I ask because I tweaked my G34 trigger myself and was able to get it down to a very nice 2.25 lb w/ minimal overtravel, but I began getting an occassional light strike (maybe 1 or 2 out of a hundred rounds) with winchester primers, so I had to go back to a stock striker spring which put me up to a 3 lb trigger (which still doesn't suck, but "lighter is better" as long as it is 110% reliable.

Edited by Gunslinger

I have the Glockworx trigger. I wrote this in another forum so I just cut and pasted it.

I ended up getting one of the Comp III (competition version) Glockworx trigger kit. The best way I heard this described is a light single stage trigger with a very little creep.

My thoughts:

-Glockworx as a company was very professional. Answered all my questions via email in a timely manner and shipped the kit quickly.

-The overall kit is very nice.

-Clearly marked packaging is very helpful.

-Installation is very easy for someone that has removed the FCG

before. Instructions would be helpful for those who have never done it

before.

-Complete drop in. You can go back to your stock set up anytime.

-Metal parts are polished nicely

-Trigger pull is very nice for a Glock trigger. It is very light

with the Wolff reduced power spring. I am going to start with

the Wolff standard power spring. Seems to have a stronger reset with

this spring. I even messed with the stock striker spring a little and

the trigger pull seems to get even heavier. There seems to be a little

build up (creep) before the break when pulling the trigger very slow. This is not much different for the stock trigger. The reset and over travel is as advertised. The over travel set screw us nicely done.

-The trigger stays at the trigger reset position.

-Trigger safety is modified and does work.

-I had no failures after a 100 round fired.

-Does not use factory 3.5 connector. Looks to me like the LWD 3.5 connector.

-Stating the obvious - Finger off the trigger until pointing at your target is a must rule to follow with this system. This is a known rule for shooting but it can not be broken with this set up. With no pretravel and a light striker spring, the trigger is very light.

-I personally would not use this kit for anything but target or competition shooting. Maybe the tactical version would be better for personal protection or carry use. This is just a guess though because I have not tried that version.

Anyway, this is my first impression of the kit. I don't have anything

to measure it up against other than the stock G35 FCG that comes with the stock 3.5lb connector. It is definitely a huge improvement over stock.

Trigger position before firing:

G351.jpg

Trigger position after:

G352.jpg

Gunslinger, I run the Vanek drop in kit, and have NEVER had a single light strike. This includes the tens of thousands of my loads with Federal primers, as well as thousands of CCI, WWB, and Lawman.

Having a gun that is 98% reliable means that it will jam 2% of the time. Look at the final results of this years major matches and see what 2% can do.

At what rate do you guys have to change out your Wolfe striker springs? I have a Vanek drop in, and 2 RS kits, and after about 2K-5K rounds started to get light strikes in all of them with Win. small pistol primers, untill i put in a new striker spring, and the cycle starts again. Thats the reason i went to the stock striker spring and Glockmeister trigger spring, 3.2 lb. pull. Am i doing something wrong or to you just change out your striker spring every few thousand rounds?

Gunslinger, I run the Vanek drop in kit, and have NEVER had a single light strike. This includes the tens of thousands of my loads with Federal primers, as well as thousands of CCI, WWB, and Lawman.

Having a gun that is 98% reliable means that it will jam 2% of the time. Look at the final results of this years major matches and see what 2% can do.

If it'll ignite CCI's it'll light up anything!!!!

I agree about the 2% comment. That's why I went back to a stock striker spring instead of a Wolff reduced power (4#) spring. Even 1 light strike per 100 is unacceptable and can totally blow a stage, if not the whole match!!

We've had some spamming issues in the past with Glockworx. PLINKS post was removed for a day so that we could make sure that it wasn't more of the same.

PLINK provided us with some great information, and is, indeed, just here to learn.

If it'll ignite CCI's it'll light up anything!!!!

I agree about the 2% comment. That's why I went back to a stock striker spring instead of a Wolff reduced power (4#) spring. Even 1 light strike per 100 is unacceptable and can totally blow a stage, if not the whole match!!

You want something that'll mess with your head? :blink: Wait till it happens during the Steel Challenge. Congratulations, we'll call that one the "throw away". Then you get to wonder about stuff happening the whole rest of the match. :wacko:

Itchy

i have a full vanek and a drop-in vanek...and have never had a light strike in more than 30k rounds (all winchester primers).

How do the drop-in and full Vanek triggers compare? Which do you prefer & why? Thanks.

The differences between the two Vanek triggers is subtle the fitted tends to be a bit smoother and lighter than the Drop-In. I myself prefer the fitted/full version but if you are on a budget or plan on competing in the USPSA Production Division then the drop-in is the way to go.

If I was to use a car for comparison it would like comparing the Corvette Coupe to the Z06 both are fine sports cars but 400 vs. 505 horse enough said.

The differences between the two Vanek triggers is subtle the fitted tends to be a bit smoother and lighter than the Drop-In. I myself prefer the fitted/full version but if you are on a budget or plan on competing in the USPSA Production Division then the drop-in is the way to go.

i agree completely with that comparison...